? For Those Who Bash the "2008 Olympic" VI but Praise the "Hares"

the VI is a shoe that looks better with simple color placement (for example: the infrareds, sport blues, carmines, '00 olympic retros) that's why ithink this olympic version is being hated on. its just not a shoe for that kind of party. they should have just brought back the '00 olympic version (iknow, i know.....i just want a pair
laugh.gif
)

IMO, for the inspiration put behind the VI, JB rilly didn't do all that bad a job. like OnlyRetroXi said, people hate change, and imagine that compared toa rainbow upper. as far as coppin' em goes, that's a big

no the hares look so much better, just because they have the same colors doesnt make them the same; the hares have a better design and the colors are placedbetter than those on the VIs

Originally Posted by odiggidy

yo, ya'll ever heard of opinions? and as for the og > color retro/retro + color... negative. cool grey xi>concord. space jams >concord. french blue vii > bourdeux, chambray vii > bourdeux, black/red/purple vii. bl/k/caro xii>>> blk/red xii, blk/caro xiv>>>white/red xiv..... just to name a few. ya'll takin this "og" crap too far. og does not make it better. and before some schmuck accuses me of being 16... i was in the 11th grade when the hares dropped. coppin j's is all about preference. personally i like blue colorways so therefore the majority of blue j's retro + or not is ALWAYS gonna be >>>>>>.than the og red/white combos to me. but honestly hares>olympic vi 2008

true. not EVERY og color is better than EVERY retro+ color. altho it seems a lot of ppl on NT seem to think so. Just because somebody thought of a design10 years ago does not make it better than every idea since then. To think that you are just being stubborn.
and the hares are just plain better than thosenew 6s. having all those colors on the midsole is too much. Colors on the tongue are more tolerable.

I personally loath them because that particular color-scheme w/ the added patent leather generally tarnished the prestige of the AJ 6. Normally I wouldn'tmind JB wasting that horrid colorway and concept on the AJ 1 because I finally grown to accept the modern day retro I's for what they truly are, the mostwhored-out sig shoe of the series (JB knows no bounds for these shoes). Unforutately, JB had to involve the VI's for this abomination.

Honestly I see no similarities between the Hares' and the 2008 Olympic VI's colorway.
Mike wore the Hares back in 92', he also wore the Olympic VII's in the 92' Summer Olympic Games...Case Closed!!

Wait, before anyone else says that the Pride VIs could have been worse, let me say this: comparing a crappy colorway to even crappier possible colorways is nota solution. If you were talking about movies, would you ever say, "Oh, that Baby Geniuses movie could've been worse. It could have been as bad as EpicMovie." NO! That's not how it works. Both movies suck regardless. Rainbow midsole or rainbow upper does not matter. They both fail. I always trycomparing a retro+ to an OG.

it's just the fact that Hare's are an OG colorway and that Mike played in them.. I know what you mean man, cause if it were Visa Versa, and Mike playedin some "Olympic VI's" and there were some new colorway called Hares coming out soon everyone would be alllll for bashing the Hares.

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

The Hares are an OG colorway!!! Anything that's

not OG isn't worth buying.. especially those gay 6s.

see what i mean....
indifferent.gif

I don't even know why were arguing this. There two different shoes and the Hares only has the colorful scheme on the tongue. Not to mention that "GaySneakers" nickname is pure stupidity.

Originally Posted by dotaganza

The Olympic VI look like a skittle bag busted a nut on the side. Hares are classic. Olympics VI are starving for attention.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

but the hares are a classic tho. There is color on other parts of the hares. On the Olympics, theres only color on the mid-sole

1- um if they say "Gay" on one sole and "Pride" on the other i wouldn't rock them(for obvious reasons) but other then that i would buti guess they express gay pride? if these are gay pride shoes then the fruity pebble lebron 4's are just as gay which imo i think is a beautiful shoe andjordan didn't rock the 23's i still bout em
2- im just gonna keep this one simple and say yes because i don't really care if a shoe is og or retro etc.

Originally Posted by CarmineJordan

and we haven't seen any official close up pics of the New Retro VI so take another L

you weren't there were OG's came out.....you were eating Gerber with plastic spoons

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

The Hares are an OG colorway!!! Anything that's

not OG isn't worth buying.. especially those gay 6s.

says the guy trying to sell some retro Fire Reds
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

Why?
They're both white bases shoes with "rainbow" colors yet there is a lot of hate for tv VIs and a lot of love and hype for the Viis
If MJ played in those "gay pride" VIs would you buy?
if those hares were a retro + would you buy?
I know ima get flames but I justwant to know why YOU are a hypocrite

when i was kid, i thought the "hare" VIIs were sick so my mom bought them, they are still ill till this day and the colors arent fruity.

now in regards to the VIs, nike never would have made something like that for jordan back then, so he would have never played in them.

Over all its color placement. The OG hares were defintely a lot more well thought out and made, while on the other hand this quick slap of a bunch of colors onthe mid sole of a shoe is just plain lazy regardless of what shoe it is put on
sick.gif

not OG isn't worth buying..
To each his own I guess.

Thankfully I dont live like that cause I looooooove my Olive and Burgundy V's.

And like someone said, its all about color placement. Its pretty much the same colors on both shoes but look at what a difference the placement makes.

Back
Top Bottom