+ ? for my NTer's who workout..... +

I've been wanting to try NO Shotgun and Dark Matter.
I finished my Creatine Kre-alkalyn last week but I take ON 100% Whey

Something with caffeine in it, even though I have totally burnt out my adrenal glands and beta receptors because of it or it seems because it really doesnothing for me. I don't get jittery or hype off of it.

I might have to step it back up to Ephedra

Tuna, egg whites, boneless chicken. Supplements shouldn't be used to replace food only to give you a push. Take a protein shake after you workout, I say gofor isoPure. Read about supplements before you take them, most of the time people OD on supplements and just piss them out.

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

Tuna, egg whites, boneless chicken. Supplements shouldn't be used to replace food only to give you a push. Take a protein shake after you workout, I say go for isoPure. Read about supplements before you take them, most of the time people OD on supplements and just piss them out.

Isopure is hands down the best protien on the market imo....cookies & cream.
pimp.gif

wj4 wrote:
Durden7 wrote:
Theres a LOT of bad informtion/advice being given in this thread.
smh.gif

Just because you work out frequently doesnt make you an expert on supplements.

smh.gif

You should probably drop some knowledge then and be an asset to the thread.

A lot of people forget that everyone has different goal when working out. Some wanna lean, some wanna bulk up..hence why there's so many different form of supplements out there with diff nutrition stats.

For starters the majority of supplements are trash. Creatine works, there has been research done on it and as long as its taken properly (rarely happens)it'll give good results.

Pre workout supps are just caffeine. You can get the same feeling taking coffee or something like that.

Muscle Milk is garbage. The company is a marketing genius, but as far as the product goes its crap.

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is on sale @ Amazon, 5.15 Lb. tub for $39...$33 with free 2 day shipping if you sign up for Subscribe & Save! (for free,you can cancel ANYTIME).

It truly is one of the best protein shakes on the market (price, flavor, mixing, %, and quality)

Size on is post-workout. It's a recovery supplement. Superpump250 is good, but it will superpump your colon and make you run to the bathroom like neverbefore the first 1 or 2 times you use it. Then your body gets used to it. Same with NO Explode. I've heard good things about NO Shotgun, but I haven'ttried it yet.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

laugh.gif
@ people taking random scoops of protein a day
laugh.gif
smh.gif
Like stated, it's for convenience purposes, man (at least that's what it should be for). Just like some body builders out there eat whenthey're not hungry to stay in the routine. Some of these body builders take in the same amount of protein in gram as their body weight...really hard to doeven with supplement pills.

Muscle Milk is indeed ingenious. Catchy name and they sell them at gyms for cheap. My gym sells them for "only $19.99 for members" and people buythem up like they're stocking for Y2k bug. Yesterday when I walked in, the pile on the crates was up to my eye level, today I walked in and see that morethan half was gone.

I just can't help but laugh at dudes with big dreams. I see some dudes out there with a muscle magazine and 3 different types of protein shake, whilebarely walking on the treadmill.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

a banana or oatmeal maybe some tuna

eating well > supplements
Supplement isn't meant to replace what you eat. It's suppose to aid it.

I'm just saying save your money on the supplements and NO products and invest that money in some good food cause good food ain't cheap

Also, I take muscle milk....gotta get my casein from some other place rather than just cottage cheese

Originally Posted by BallinB

Protein is naturally high in glutamic acid which makes his argument flawed. This dude is all over the place claiming different ingredients are classified as MSG. The truth is that almost all processed foods contain MSG. There is nothing else to say concerning this topic. Feel free to take whatever supplement you choose.
i agree

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

Protein is naturally high in glutamic acid which makes his argument flawed. This dude is all over the place claiming different ingredients are classified as MSG. The truth is that almost all processed foods contain MSG. There is nothing else to say concerning this topic. Feel free to take whatever supplement you choose.
i agree

Well.....those ingredients he named DO in fact contain MSG, and there was a proposal by the FDA back in '93 to add the phrase "(containsglutamate)" to the names of these things on ingredient labels.

So you guys are wrong on that....he's not "all over the place."

So what's a good post workout supplement or protein?

As stated before I'm on Super Pump 250 pre-workout. I'm at around 215 lbs and want to get to 225 lbs in about 8 weeks. Trying to gain weight forbaseball, but I know that when practice starts in school I'm gonna lose some weight. So I want to level off at around 220 for the next year while liftingon a regular basis when I get back to school.

Muscle Milk has waaaay too many calories for me personally even during the season my stomach just felt huge all that time and thats not what you want whenplaying basketball and we know how much cardio that is. With that said, if I hadn't been playing I would have gotten fat more than likely

I'm on a NO2 and CE2 stack (NOS & Creatine). Also I use Black Powder for pre-workout (NOS) and take a Myoplex Protein shake with me to pound rightafter my workout. I also take GNC's Mega Man Multi-vitamin, and Fish Oil.

Isopure and Myoplex are probably the best tasting protein shakes I've tasted.

Originally Posted by sosmoove

Muscle Milk has waaaay too many calories for me personally even during the season my stomach just felt huge all that time and thats not what you want when playing basketball and we know how much cardio that is. With that said, if I hadn't been playing I would have gotten fat more than likely

yup ON is waay better. 1 Scoop of ON > 2 scoops of MM

This is REAL whey. The best whey ive seen to date.
You guys need to research more on what REAL whey is. The whey that brought so much hype to the market(used for animals).

Protein Values:

Biological value (BV): 159
PDCAAS: 1.0
Protein Efficiency Ratio:3.6
Net Protein Utilization: 92
Protein Digestibility: 95

Alpha-Lactoglobulin: 18,300 15-20%
Beta-Lactalbumin: 14,000 50%
Immunoglobulins: (IgG) ~150,000 10%
Lactoferrin: 77,000 <1%
Lactoperoxidase: 77,500 <1%
Glycomacropeptides: 8000 15%
Protease-peptone: n/a <1%
Cellular Growth Factor: 5,000-74,000

Ingredients: Kosher Whey protein isolate

• Advance full-spectrum amino acid profile.

• Highest Biological Value (BV) and protein efficiency.

• Highest concentration of branched chain amino acids (5.7 grams per serving).

• Improves glycogen replenishment and nitrogen retention.

• Improves anabolic and anti-catabolic mechanisms.

• Minimizes muscle tissue breakdown while maximizing protein synthesis.

• Instantized and agglomerated for greater absorption and bio-availability.

• 100% whey protein isolate made in the USA.

• No additives, fillers, or excipients used in manufacturing.

• Our protein has no after-taste.

• Mixes great with water, juice, pancakes, oatmeal, etc,.

• Triple cold filtration process including micro and ultra filtration.

• Mixes easy with a spoon - no gritty taste, clumping or residue.

• Manufactured in a USDA licensed dairy plant.

• Lab tested for purity.
Pure Grade and Lactose Free: This is the purest grade,non-denatured whey protein isolate made from 100% American made USDA Grade A milk. This product contains no fructose, salt oracid-treated whey. Our whey protein is manufactured using a 100% cold temperature process, which keeps its micro-fractions intact and protects the integrity ofthe amino acid profile. Other than whey protein which comes from milk, this product contains no animal-sourced ingredients.

Originally Posted by sosmoove

^^^^ what other supplements are you taking
None.....I dont even take whey that much either. Food is the best supplement and you guys need to realize that.
The only time ill take whey is before and after my workout. And if im bulking, weight gainer before bed mixed with whey.

As for recommended supplements, all i can say is creatine monohydrate. Its cheap and affective. Dont fall for the marketing scams for all these different typesof creatine BS.

If your in your 20's and your knowledgeable about your training and diet, then give pro-hormones (designer steroids) a go. But be careful with these
because they can $@#+ up your natural hormonal balance like real anabolic steroids. The best ive tried was superdrol NG by anabolic xtreme. That was years agoand im pretty sure they banned it AGAIN, so they probably altered it and gave it a different name.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

i agree

Well.....those ingredients he named DO in fact contain MSG, and there was a proposal by the FDA back in '93 to add the phrase "(contains glutamate)" to the names of these things on ingredient labels.

So you guys are wrong on that....he's not "all over the place."
bolded underlined and italicized muscle milk get alot of flak for containing msg when it's in alot of other things also

^exactly, I understand that MM by far is not the best protein supplement out there (yes they are marketing geniuses but cytosport does put out some goodproducts). Sometimes I need to take a protein shake because I don't have time to prepare a meal and need a quick meal replacement. There are plentybeneficial whey proteins out there, myoplex is good, etc and I have tried many of them. It all depends on your goal, if you want to bulk up, trim down, etc...

I work out to better myself and health, I don't do it to get attention, or to try to be in a magazine. Thats what working out should be about formost people. I have never taken creatine, NO, or anything else. None of that is really necessary.

Like Jax said, the best thing to do is to eat right especially before and after your work out. Keep it natural, oh yeah whats the name of that whey protein youtalking about?

Back
Top Bottom