For anyone wondering why Candace Parker would leave early to WNBA....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Shelden Williams hit the jackpot....he could be a stay-at-home dad
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure 'male ego' is exclusive to just males.
laugh.gif

Of course women have egos, but not the same way as men do. I doubt Lisa + Candace will have a problem with each other at all.

Damn she looks great in that jersey

she will probably be the only reason why i watch a WNBA game this season

vi3tsi06:
sparks are going to dominate the next couple years if leslie don't gett too old
In my opinion, that's not true at all.

The Mercury have an awesome team, and they're the defending champs (lead by Diana Taurasi and Cappie Poindexter).

The Seattle Storm have a couple of beasts in the post (Lauren Jackson and Yolanda Griffith), an excellent shooter in Swin Cash, an excellent PG in Sue Bird,and an excellent veteran in Sheryl Swoopes.

The Shock have built a solid team that will compete as long they keep Deanna Nolan, Katie Smith, and Cheryl Ford (Karl Malone's daughter).

^ Nah, she just split this past offseason. Not gonna lie, I was kind of upset as a basketball fan.
embarassed.gif
Even though it has nothing to do with my team, you knowwhat I mean. In the same way that there are non-Reds and non-Mariners fans that would like to see Griffey back in teal, I don't want to see Swoopes wearanything other than a Rockets jersey. But that's exactly what we'll see this next season, for the first time in her professional career.

I hope all know that she's not ring-chasing, though. Far from it. When the WNBA first began, The Houston Comet came out the gate DOMINATING. They won thefirst FOUR league championships, lead by Swoopes and C-Coop.

But yeah, Seattle decided to bring in some HEAT. In the offseason, they picked up
- Yolanda Griffith (think: Carlos Boozer)
- Sue Bird (think: Steve Nash)
- Sheryl Swoopes (think: the older Michael Jordan [and yes, when she was younger, she was the younger Michael Jordan, because she's bad as heck... and ifyou didn't know that,
smh.gif
@ you])

That was to help Lauren Jackson (think: Pau Gasol).

Honestly, I don't know how they're struggling to put up points so far in the preseason. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

But yeah, Seattle decided to bring in some HEAT. In the offseason, they picked up
- Sheryl Swoopes (think: the older Michael Jordan [and yes, when she was younger, she was the younger Michael Jordan, because she's bad as heck... and if you didn't know that,
smh.gif
@ you])

Honestly, I don't know how they're struggling to put up points so far in the preseason. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I thought she always played for Seattle....

She left and came back??

One more consideration in why she might be leaving early. She basically dominated at NCAA level....so she wants to play against the best in the world.Financials won't even really mean that much, considering that on his current deal Shelden is making almost as much per game that he plays as Candace willin the whole season
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Seattle Storm have a couple of beasts in the post (Lauren Jackson and Yolanda Griffith), an excellent shooter in Swin Cash, an excellent PG in Sue Bird, and an excellent veteran in Sheryl Swoopes.
Sheryl Swoopes isn't a Comet anymore?

She used to be a beast in earlier years of the WNBA, when the Comets used to dominate.

Her, Cynthia Cooper, Tina Thompson and Kim Perrot (R.I.P.) on those championship Comet teams were
pimp.gif

dreClark:
me:
- Sheryl Swoopes (think: the older Michael Jordan [and yes, when she was younger, she was the younger Michael Jordan, because she's bad as heck... and if you didn't know that,
smh.gif
@ you])

I thought she always played for Seattle....

She left and came back??

Nah, I suck at life.
laugh.gif

You're right.

I knew that they had brought in three awesome players, and I accidentally named Bird instead of Cash.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

But seriously, I have no idea how a team with a backcourt of Bird and Cash + a frontcourt of Griffith and Jackson + the veteran savvy of Swoopes is struggling.I doubt that will continue in the regular season.

Parker is past her prime, her knees are weaker than MJ's with the wizards, they gonna crumble blah blah blah

isn't Sheryl Swoopes the one that hit that half-court shot to win a game or something? I remember seeing that highlight a lot back in the day, with the"there she goes...there she goes again" music in
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom