Fools Wildin Thinking They Doing It Unappreciation Vol Get The @#*+ out

I'm not even a fan of Blurred Lines or Pharrell/Robin, but there are not enough direct similarities between that song and Marvin's for her to collect. At most, you can say it was "inspired" by Marvin's, but nothing was directly influenced or borrowed from the song. As a musician, this is scary, we aren't allowed to be inspired by other people's music when creating our own? 

I have to disagree with you on the lack of similarities. When I first heard that song I thought of Marvin Gaye only to be dissapointed to hear Robin Thicke. Wasnt there a back story where he was nasty to the family when they initially confronted him about it?
Yeah I mean I don't know anybody who doesn't think they sampled Marvin Gaye. I thought it was a forgone conclusion. They knew what they were doing and they gambled that they'd get away with it.

That placement :lol:

When your woman takes Halls advice though :nthat: :evil:  
steviej1.jpg

I'm not even a fan of Blurred Lines or Pharrell/Robin, but there are not enough direct similarities between that song and Marvin's for her to collect. At most, you can say it was "inspired" by Marvin's, but nothing was directly influenced or borrowed from the song. As a musician, this is scary, we aren't allowed to be inspired by other people's music when creating our own? 
say no more.

but yes like i said this is a dangerous precedent for us. i never even after hearing both songs thought they sounded alike. allowing this case to go this way means you can practically sue someone for creating a song that takes your vibe or tempo. can we copyright a bounce now? I'm gonna be the first to copyright the overall sound of an 808 and sue everybody cuz it sounds like mine. 

beyond that. even if they were inspired by gaye, this would be an interpolation at best (and even that would be a long reach). in a nutshell, an interpolation isnt a sample, but more like your interpretation (more than likely you replaying it...or a cover) of someones music/instrumental in this case. which is perfectly legal. 

interpolation is a tricky beast. 

I think they outright stole the whole structure, but eh.

Mustard interpolates everything he's done.

What happened to the DJ quik's of the production field?

The soopafly's?

Id be surprised if Pharrell doesn't appeal this. Essentially, he's catching the shaft because he mimicked the vibe of Marvin's record. Aside from tempo and feel of the record....it stops there. Woodblock & cowbell have been used in countless records, and in the case of this one, the patterns played weren't the same....nor were the chords, bass, or drum pattern (even though they both use the most basic of drum patterns, which is also incredibly common). If they lose this, dudes gonna be getting sued left & right for vibes & feels of the records. and if that's the case, what's to make of trap beats (many of which carry similar vibes & feels)?

Both parties lame as hell for this. Even though he's prolly lying, ol boy actually got out his whip to chase someone who looks like they are mentally handicapped.
How does he look mentally handicapped? :lol:
Seems like this excuse is always used to defend guys wildin or something. Dude has his own crib that he called shorty to. Smashed and now he's getting called out. Pretty funny to me. I agree getting out to chase him was wildin tho

Both parties lame as hell for this. Even though he's prolly lying, ol boy actually got out his whip to chase someone who looks like they are mentally handicapped.
How does he look mentally handicapped?
laugh.gif

Seems like this excuse is always used to defend guys wildin or something. Dude has his own crib that he called shorty to. Smashed and now he's getting called out. Pretty funny to me. I agree getting out to chase him was wildin tho
if a dude can hit up your girl...

call her to his crib...

and smash...

she never was your girl....

dudes fighting over unfaithful chicks? lame... no type of g code..

Back
Top Bottom