FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

4th grilling
20210704_144013.jpg

Grams
20210704_130639.jpg

Somisomi
20210703_142004.jpg

Did a day trip to Monterrey. Ate at Scales again.
For an extra charge, they garlic butter toast the bowl. But they burnt the $%@ out it. . .
:smh:
20210705_190112.jpg

Ahi & Coconut shrimp salad
20210705_190125.jpg

Coconut shrimp
20210705_190129.jpg

Had the worst Jamaican food ever yesterday. No pics. But I should’ve known. I walked in the restaurant and not a Jamaican in sight. Matter fact they were all of Asian descent. No disrespect or ethnic insensitivity just pointing out the truth. It was called aganadas delight or something in Columbia. Was craving Jamaican at work…next time I’ll suffer.

dinner made up for it. Pollo principesaa (chicken and crab with roasted red peppers) from this bomb Italian spot in Annapolis. Subbed the pasta for brocolini.

56F55605-5216-4163-97CA-3B532F227099.jpeg

I know I’m WAY behind, but finally tried Cava for the first time. Was a bit overwhelmed and didn’t know what direction to go, so I just ordered one of the signature bowls, the “Harissa Avocado”. It was :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: .

Definitely a little expensive, but it was also a pretty sizable portion.

DE514952-CAE6-4F1A-8FBA-D3263F831259.jpeg

I know I’m WAY behind, but finally tried Cava for the first time. Was a bit overwhelmed and didn’t know what direction to go, so I just ordered one of the signature bowls, the “Harissa Avocado”. It was :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: .

Definitely a little expensive, but it was also a pretty sizable portion.

DE514952-CAE6-4F1A-8FBA-D3263F831259.jpeg

Which location did you go to? White Marsh? I don't know of any other spots up your way.

But yes, Cava is special man. They go up in price every year though.

Which location did you go to? White Marsh? I don't know of any other spots up your way.

But yes, Cava is special man. They go up in price every year though.
Columbia. I know where the White Marsh one is too though.

Definitely will try to hit it up regularly going forward.

B Sox B Sox

Take advantage of getting maximum greens when you do your, "Make your own" bowl.

At the beginning you can get rice or greens (or a combo of both).

I usually do a little scoop of brown rice + a lot of super greens and/or arugula. (#RiceRatio )

Their Falafel Balls are also very good.

The Schug sauce is good. ( Sauce on the side )

You also don't HAVE to get 3 dips. I find 3 is too much, so I usually get 2. (Hummus)

B Sox B Sox

Take advantage of getting maximum greens when you do your, "Make your own" bowl.

At the beginning you can get rice or greens (or a combo of both).

I usually do a little scoop of brown rice + a lot of super greens and/or arugula. (#RiceRatio )

Their Falafel Balls are also very good.

The Schug sauce is good. ( Sauce on the side )

You also don't HAVE to get 3 dips. I find 3 is too much, so I usually get 2. (Hummus)
Thing I got was- "A fiery bowl that includes SuperGreens, Basmati Rice, Crazy Feta, Hummus, Harissa Honey Chicken, Fire-Roasted Corn, Avocado, Pickled Onions, Cucumber, and Feta with Hot Harissa Vinaigrette."

Added some fresno chilies. That harissa vinaigrette was really good. Almost feel like I would just order this all the time. Not a huge fan of falafel balls. Might want to try the spicy lamb meatballs though.

Gyro bread is an odd way of saying pita but it’s not like one of those repetitive terms dc hates.
cause a gyro is the whole wrap.

Gyro bread is an odd way of saying pita but it’s not like one of those repetitive terms dc hates.
cause a gyro is the whole wrap.

Nah, it's worse than the repetitive things I hate. :lol:

It is similar to how some folks from CHicago and the South use the phrase, "Sandwich Bread" to describe "Default" bread. That was wild when I first heard it.

But yea, Gyro Bread is hilarious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom