FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Never had any issues with TBell. Had a buffalo chicken pizza from a spot by me around New Years that put me down for 2 days or so. No bueno.

giphy.gif

Got food poisoning once in my life. Had some bad penne a la vodka. Was on the disabled list for 3 days and lost like 8 pds.

I never puked and pooped so much in my life

Anyone have success making dessert in a crock pot?

There are some peach cobler and bread pudding recipes that I wanted to try but wanted NTs feedback first.

Got food poisoning once in my life. Had some bad penne a la vodka. Was on the disabled list for 3 days and lost like 8 pds.

I never puked and pooped so much in my life

Same here as far as only once goes. Yearsssss ago from McDonald's. Think I had a 10 pc nugget & a McFlurry. I was convinced the McFlurry machine was dirty. The next day, if I wasn't in bed, I was in the bathroom.

For those who have had food poisoning, can u eat those same foods? If so, how long did it take for you to eat them again?

Cooked tacos a few months ago. Just basic soft tacos with tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, Pico Pica, and chicken. The chicken was bad or something--couldn't leave the apartment for a few days. I haven't cooked it since. Still have bad memories. Sucks, too, because it's cheap, good, and relatively healthy.

For those who have had food poisoning, can u eat those same foods? If so, how long did it take for you to eat them again?

Took me a while to eat McDonald's again. I've have nuggets since (I don't really even like them in general), but not a McFlurry.

I ate some of those wings I made for lunch just now and I'm hyped on them. Gonna do another batch today. This time around I'm thinking I'm gonna do ancho chile powder, maple syrup, lime juice, cayenne, paprika, rosemary, and thyme.

Pics to come.

Never had food poisoning I don't think. Maybe a mild case but never puked or out for a few days. *Knock on wood*

The only encounter that I've had with "food poisoning" was a mild one, at best. Went out for sushi on a Friday night, went to bed, woke up in the middle of the night, puked, and kept it movin'.

Then again, between working in a hospital and the Tinder account I have the immune system of Wolverine.

I actually never went back to the place that gave me food poisoning, but didn’t have a problem eating the thing that gave me food poisoning - a club sandwich - elsewhere.

Think I've only had food poisoning once when I was a kid. Stayed home on a Friday and for lunch I made a salad and ham sandwich. Think it was some kind of reaction to the condiments or something was bad cause I was no good for 48 hours. I try my best to avoid mayonnaise based stuff unless its once in a long while ever since.

Nah, there's some spice that my host-mom used when I studied abroad that evokes that experience :smh: Can't do it.

Never had food poisoning I don't think. Maybe a mild case but never puked or out for a few days. *Knock on wood*
same. only thing i could think of was when I touched down in New Orleans and just hit up a bunch of spots eating all types of food. Got back to the airbnb and had some really bad stomach cramps. i was going through it for an hour or so. but nothing a red cup full of Hennessy couldn't cure.

JESUS I almost had to stop reading this article when I read:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddr...tire-country-needs/ar-BBTJVyt?ocid=spartanntp
"In-N-Out's largely considered one of the greatest burger chains out there (by a lot of people, anyway), and most people have seen The Big Lebowski."

I HATE In N Out, also the mention of El Pollo Loco. :smh: Can any of the local west coast natives speak on some of these places?

Of the places on that list, I’ve eaten at:

Curry House
Fatburger
King Taco
Mendoncino Farms
Roscoe’s
Tender Green’s
Wahoo’s Fish Taco
Zankou Chicken

I’d say they’re all good for what they are, but none are amazing. I really like Japanese style dishes, so I’ve eaten at Curry House more than any of the others. But there’s other places in LA that are better for the same stuff.

I like Fatburger, but it’s not any better than, say, Five Guys.

King Taco is a better-than-average taco stand type place.

Mendocino Farms is a higher end sandwich/salad shop. I’m not a big fan.

Roscoe’s is Roscoe’s. I’d recommend everyone try it once, but it’s not something to eat all the time.

Wahoo’s specializes in fish tacos and burritos, as the name implies. They’re pretty good for the price, but by no means the best you can get.

Zankou Chicken is fast Meditarranean. It’s decent if you’re having a craving for that type of food.

—Edit - The salad place I’ve been to is “Silver Green”, not “Tender Greens,” so I took Tender Greens off the list.

Last edited:
Yeah certainly want to check out the taco spot next time I am out on the west coast as well as the curry spot.

Back
Top Bottom