FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

B Sox B Sox - Not sure what part of Baltimore you're from or been in, but ever notice that Chinese carry outs in "the cut" aren't called by the name of the place but rather something that distinguishes the place?
I live in Canton, but work takes me all over the city. Definitely some interesting spots out there...

I think I overdid it in Hawaii last week but did not once have a bad meal out there.

More on my 'gram below :D

This one's for the Aussie's. 3 pieces of wholemeal toast with Vegemite. The ****! Basic and the bomb. Its like ramen noodles to the americans
had some vegemite when i went to sydney....
sick.gif
 THE worst condiments/spread i've ever tasted lol i couldn't understand it's countrywide appeal

had some vegemite when i went to sydney....
sick.gif
 THE worst condiments/spread i've ever tasted lol i couldn't understand it's countrywide appeal
HAHAHAHA I love hearing that! I know its strong as hell in flavour, but I eat it on anything. With cheese its insane but I can 100% understand your dislike towards it lol

What does it taste like, is it sweet, salty, sour?
nerd.gif
Saltly, very. With a I guess a strong molasses type feel to it. Hard to explain, is it in ur country? If so get some bread, some top quality cheese and add with vegemite and grill/toast it. Love to hear what u think

croissant breakfast sandwich with running egg yolk

Bun Bo Hue

Banh Bao

Its dungeness crab season!!!! Last week, bought a few for 8.99 a pound. Today, 3.69 a pound.
Stir fried in ginger, jalapeno, white ground pepper, scallion,Shaoxing wine and thicken it with flour

I'll be in SF this Sunday and Monday. Any spots I should check out? Anyone eat at El Farolito?
Not from SF, but went this summer and ate there. Wish I had it here (Boston), it was bomb for like $7 and came with chips. I'd say its worth it, probably one of if not the best burrito I've ever had. Maybe a local has another place they like more? 

Also, prolly cuz I'm from Boston, but I felt like I was in Mexico when I went there 
laugh.gif
 signs all start being in spanish, people all start looking mexican and speaking in spanish, bunch of burrito and taco spots start showing up. For people around there, is it safe to go there late night? Felt like some of the parts I walked through on the way there (from Union Square) seemed pretty sketchy.

Back
Top Bottom