FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

No food on earth is worth a 3 hour wait.

As a matter of fact noTHING is worth a 3 hour wait
Eh...that depends on a lot of factors.

Waiting 3+ hours for one meal could arguably not be worth it, but what's the line situation like?

I wait on line in Brooklyn for beer at Other Half but the experience is pretty cool. It's basically a big tailgate party on the sidewalk where people are sharing and trading rare/sought after beers with one another. There's a sandwich table for people waiting as well. You can walk away with cases of beer and drink very well for over a month by waiting on line for a few hours.

If the line waiting for food was as festive as the line I wait on, I could see the appeal.

Like, there's just no way that chicken sandwich can taste THAT much better than whatever other options are out there that require no wait.

Different strokes.

Just speaking for myself.

Waiting in a line for food, nah. Too many options in this world
Understandable. Just know that not all lines are the miserable communist toilet paper lines that they're depicted to be. Franklin BBQ's line is apparently a lot like the line I described above.

Having said that, I would never wanna wait on a 3-hour line where there wasn't beer, food, or other good times to be had while waiting.

I know a couple people that have waited in line at Franklin's.

Most said they went in skeptical, all said it was worth the wait.

I am trying to think about anything in life that I cherish enough to wait in line for 3 hours.

I just don't lnow man. That is a long time, no matter what is going on.

I also understand the mentality of "it's a chicken sandwich, how good could it be?" but Howlin' Ray's does look god damn spectacular.

Semi-inspired to make some fried chicken sandwiches on Saturday.

I will add that the wait did not seem that long, the employees are cool as hell, always asking how everyones doing ... giving out cups of pickles, played some good old school songs as well ...

I got the “hot” sando w the ghost peppers n habaneros, damn i paid for it :rofl:

I also understand the mentality of "it's a chicken sandwich, how good could it be?" but Howlin' Ray's does look god damn spectacular.

Semi-inspired to make some fried chicken sandwiches on Saturday.
I definitely feel that way about cupcakes also. In 2012, there was a cupcake craze in DC. Folks would stand in line for HOURS for GeorgeTown Cupcakes.

No cupcake is THAT good man. Some of our grocery stores have great bakeShops that product GREAT desserts.

I definitely feel that way about cupcakes also. In 2012, there was a cupcake craze in DC. Folks would stand in line for HOURS for GeorgeTown Cupcakes.

No cupcake is THAT good man. Some of our grocery stores have great bakeShops that product GREAT desserts.
Never understood that craze.

Visiting NYC for the first time in April. Gonna be staying near Times Square. Any recommendations? Specifically pizza, seafood, Breakfast, Dessert spots.

I know a couple people that have waited in line at Franklin's.

Most said they went in skeptical, all said it was worth the wait.
Also, IF you wait in line that long, you are MOST LIKELY going to justify that when discussing it publicly.

There is too many damn BBQ spots in Austin to be standing in line for one spot for HOURS

Eh...that depends on a lot of factors.

Waiting 3+ hours for one meal could arguably not be worth it, but what's the line situation like?

I wait on line in Brooklyn for beer at Other Half but the experience is pretty cool. It's basically a big tailgate party on the sidewalk where people are sharing and trading rare/sought after beers with one another. There's a sandwich table for people waiting as well. You can walk away with cases of beer and drink very well for over a month by waiting on line for a few hours.

If the line waiting for food was as festive as the line I wait on, I could see the appeal.
gonna need info on dis spot ASAP :lol:

Also, IF you wait in line that long, you are MOST LIKELY going to justify that when discussing it publicly.

There is too many damn BBQ spots in Austin to be standing in line for one spot for HOURS
My friends are adults, and do not feel the need to lie about something so trivial.

Back
Top Bottom