FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Yeah that’s definitely part of it, and reason to indulge.

Stuffing is once a year.
Mashed potatoes probably like 3-5x a year.
Mac n cheese probably like 3-5x a year.
Sweet potato pie/candied sweet potatoes/candy yams once a year.
GBC once a year.

Landed in Gary, Indiana for our honeymoon
IMG_2585.jpeg

Sausage roll from Greggs to start things off
IMG_2586.jpeg

Nando’s for an easy dinner
IMG_2589.jpeg

These Fanta wings were actually awesome. Our favorite thing of the meal:
IMG_2590.jpeg

Got the all-in platter with chips, peas, rainbow slaw, and broccolini:
IMG_2592.jpeg

Walked by my worst enemy afterwards
IMG_2594.jpeg

Mac and cheese 2x a year or by request/special occasion
Never do mashed.
Dressing 2x a year

For the holidays

Mac and cheese is the overrated dish in American cuisine. It could go away and I wouldn’t miss it ever. I think I’ve had it like 2x in my life and sure it was fine but nothing worth mentioning. People look at me funny always when I’m at a bbq and pass on it and just get more roasted veggies or salad but I mean it’s nothing more than a carb bomb that tastes mid 🤷‍♂️

Mac and cheese is the overrated dish in American cuisine. It could go away and I wouldn’t miss it ever. I think I’ve had it like 2x in my life and sure it was fine but nothing worth mentioning. People look at me funny always when I’m at a bbq and pass on it and just get more roasted veggies or salad but I mean it’s nothing more than a carb bomb that tastes mid 🤷‍♂️
Cultural.

i was gonna say, there is def a lot of mid mac out there. but places and people that do it right....whew. can be an elite dish on its own or as a side

Cultural.

It def is partially cultural. Being Polish it doesn’t appeal to me.

And to those that said I didn’t have good ones. I don’t know, the first time I tried it was at Gibsons steak house in Chicago for a work event when they ordered a Mac and cheese with lobster and the second one was when we were out in KC at some supposedly famous BBq spot out there for a work trip as well. I don’t recall that name unfortunately though.

i was gonna say, there is def a lot of mid mac out there. but places and people that do it right....whew. can be an elite dish on its own or as a side

Yeah.. when it gets main dish treatment it can be pretty good

I feel like the afterthought mac that's thrown together as a side is what a lot of people associate with it

As far as pasta sides go for me.... mac >>>>>> salad

It def is partially cultural. Being Polish it doesn’t appeal to me.

And to those that said I didn’t have good ones. I don’t know, the first time I tried it was at Gibsons steak house in Chicago for a work event when they ordered a Mac and cheese with lobster and the second one was when we were out in KC at some supposedly famous BBq spot out there for a work trip as well. I don’t recall that name unfortunately though.

Yeah you need southern baked mac. Those other ways aren’t what we’re talking about.

Forgot a pic but had a fire buffalo chicken sub yesterday

Used to get these all the time but haven’t had one in years

Fried chicken sauced to perfection, with bleu cheese*, lettuce, tomato on a soft hoagie roll

*the ones I used to order would have a more neutral cheese but the bleu set it off

Back
Top Bottom