FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Salmon jerk pasta and cajun shrimp dirty rice bowls
20240104_123922.jpg

Pasta really all the same - it’s good but everytime after i make it im like why would i ever pay $30 for this at a restaurant. all you really is some good pasta some olive oil some red pepper flakes etc it’s such a budget food

Pasta really all the same - it’s good but everytime after i make it im like why would i ever pay $30 for this at a restaurant. all you really is some good pasta some olive oil some red pepper flakes etc it’s such a budget food
I mean I get what you’re saying…

But folks are generally paying that money for the protein, sauce, and whatever other ingredients that are involved :lol:

The way some of you were telling it, Waffle House is just a regular place.
Man, listen...
FB_IMG_1704518636071.jpg

Disagree with this.

You’re not eating things like egg yolk ravioli or any of the fresh pastas with house-made fillings at home. I’d also argue there’s a noticeable difference in quality between fresh and dried pasta.

A lot of the best dishes I’ve had at restaurants have been pasta dishes. When a good Italian restaurant can freak it like that it’s worth the price of admission.

Last really good pasta I had at a restaurant was from La Vecchia. The tagliatelle was nice.

I baked this DiGiorno Rising Crust Three Meat pizza for my late dinner yesterday evening.
IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford Since you recently inquired if I try to reorganize the pepperoni whenever I bake frozen pizzas, I used to do it when I used a different type of pan. I haven't done it since I started using the cast iron pizza pan because I couldn't find a tray/surface to lay it on because the pan has to be preheated in the oven. But I opted to yesterday when I found a surface to lay it on, and it wasn't feasible because it was frozen and stuck on the pizza. Sometimes it's feasible if it's not stuck. And sometimes it isn't if it's stuck.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican Since you suggested that I should eat vegetables the other day, I normally do on a daily basis because I make salad for my lunch.

I baked this DiGiorno Rising Crust Three Meat pizza for my late dinner yesterday evening.
IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford Since you recently inquired if I try to reorganize the pepperoni whenever I bake frozen pizzas, I used to do it when I used a different type of pan. I haven't done it since I started using the cast iron pizza pan because I couldn't find a tray/surface to lay it on because the pan has to be preheated in the oven. But I opted to yesterday when I found a surface to lay it on, and it wasn't feasible because it was frozen and stuck on the pizza. Sometimes it's feasible if it's not stuck. And sometimes it isn't if it's stuck.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican Since you suggested that I should eat vegetables the other day, I normally do on a daily basis because I make salad for my lunch.
Might be worth running your freezer at a slightly higher temp or leaving the pizza out for 15-20 minutes before cooking.

I believe in you. Now it’s your turn to believe in yourself.

Tried to post my video of making bacon but wont work.

Bought half a cow again (grass fed and finished) and got the parts for bacon. Covered it in salt and celery powder and refridgerated it for a week ( flipping it over each day). Washed of the seasoning, then put it on the cold side of the grill for 4 hours (on 200 deg). Once the internal temp hit 150deg, it was good to go. Sliced up and stored.

IMG_5297.jpg

Last edited:
Disagree with this.

You’re not eating things like egg yolk ravioli or any of the fresh pastas with house-made fillings at home. I’d also argue there’s a noticeable difference in quality between fresh and dried pasta.

A lot of the best dishes I’ve had at restaurants have been pasta dishes. When a good Italian restaurant can freak it like that it’s worth the price of admission.
I disagree
I take 12 hours to make my bolognese
With 1/3 ground beef
1/3 ground pork
1/3 ground lamb
I make my pasta from scratch
I have the tools to make fresh homemade ravioli
I put a lobster tail with egg yolk and ricotta in mine
I’ve had fresh pasta eating out
But I also got bars enough to do it at home
Fresh and dried can make
or break ur dish I agree with that