FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Yeah if you've seen some of those pickup areas, employees put your food there, don't care who picks it up.

i-3-chipotle-is-fixing-its-lines-with-infographics-and-shelving.jpg

pick-up-area.jpg

Man, you all got me feeling fortunate I can only remember 1 time when I didn’t get my order from a 3rd party delivery app and just a couple times the food was super late. And I use DoorDash and GrubHub a lot.

I was in LA a few weeks ago for a bachelor party. I smoked and it was late in the night.. the munchies got the best of me.

Downloaded Uber Eats and got a $20 user credit .. it was a sign

Lady pulled up super timely and I met her outside to get my order so she didn’t even have to get out of the car. (It was late as I said)

Best experience I’ve had with any delivery service so far tbh

There's a lack of seamless / grubhub drivers in my area and sometimes a delivery takes an hour when it should be 25 minutes. Uber eats is a lot faster here.

All this on how easy it is to grab food reminds me when I put in a custom order for a cake at Martha's & paid for it over the phone. When I went to pick it up in person I asked if she wanted my ID to confirm that indeed it is I who ordered & paid for it and that it is really me picking it up.

She said not necesaary but it is a good idea for orders paid over the phone. My thought process is what if someone slick standing in line or nearby the employee when they are taking the order overhears the convo. Usually the employee repeats the date & time you want to come by to pick it up & what if the whole convo happened over speaker?

Anyone can pretend to be me & pick up my order. Crazy how easy it is to grab anyone's food especially food delivery services.

man, these meatballs being posted is killing me. I can't have tomato sauce because of allergies :emoji_cry:

Theres other stuff you could do with meatballs. Try other italian sauces like pesto or cream based like alfredo. Ive made Asian and Indian meatball recipes. Use your imagination young lad.

Anyone have Pistachio Pesto Pasta instead of the regular Pine Nut or Walnut Pesto? It's always one of my favorite type of Neapolitan Pizza's or Neapolitan Hybrids but never tried it with Pasta.

All this on how easy it is to grab food reminds me when I put in a custom order for a cake at Martha's & paid for it over the phone. When I went to pick it up in person I asked if she wanted my ID to confirm that indeed it is I who ordered & paid for it and that it is really me picking it up.

She said not necesaary but it is a good idea for orders paid over the phone. My thought process is what if someone slick standing in line or nearby the employee when they are taking the order overhears the convo. Usually the employee repeats the date & time you want to come by to pick it up & what if the whole convo happened over speaker?

Anyone can pretend to be me & pick up my order. Crazy how easy it is to grab anyone's food especially food delivery services.

Because if you’re thievin with that much effort probably food is not high on the hit list unless you’re just a complete kleptomaniac.

I get why fast food places just leave the order there…how many people are really out there just walking in and snatching up orders. It’s either going to be kids, homeless hungry people, or the kleptocracy. All in all that’s not a large number of people and let’s say it happens to 5% of orders they more than make up for it with volume and less employee time spent on those orders.

Back
Top Bottom