FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

😂 anything good. It’s our anniversary trip so I guess a nice dinner Thursday would be good. And they are playing the Knicks so we are going to a game Friday. We are staying at Marriott in Georgetown.
Joe's seafood, steak and stone crab is bomb. Expensive however.
Been wanting to try dirty habit because the ambiance looks cool but haven't yet.
imo most spots near there are likely trash but thats just me
venturing out filomena is really good in georgetown, the food market but thats a drive, dlenas, palette 22, le diplomate, union market has a variety of options.

Ill try and think of more.
DC area folks, have yall been?

If so, thoughts? Might do Restaurant Week here.

Ruthie's All-Day

Had their wings. They were pretty fire.

Joe's seafood, steak and stone crab is bomb. Expensive however.
Been wanting to try dirty habit because the ambiance looks cool but haven't yet.
imo most spots near there are likely trash but thats just me
venturing out filomena is really good in georgetown, the food market but thats a drive, dlenas, palette 22, le diplomate, union market has a variety of options.

Ill try and think of more.

Had their wings. They were pretty fire.
Thanks I think I’m gonna do dinner at Filomena. Any reqs on a more casual beer and burger type place?

Last time we stayed in Georgetown we had brunch at this great place and I can’t remember the name except for the fact the server tator tots 😂

Thanks I think I’m gonna do dinner at Filomena. Any reqs on a more casual beer and burger type place?

Last time we stayed in Georgetown we had brunch at this great place and I can’t remember the name except for the fact the server tator tots 😂
Honestly, i like capitol burger. but i dont eat beef that often. Thats close to the arena.
Are you talking about bakers and farmers fishers or something like that? if so everyone loves it but i think their food is pretty bland.

Honestly, i like capitol burger. but i dont eat beef that often. Thats close to the arena.
Are you talking about bakers and farmers fishers or something like that? if so everyone loves it but i think their food is pretty bland.
Na that place looks more fancy. This place was called Tonic at Quigleys

😂 anything good. It’s our anniversary trip so I guess a nice dinner Thursday would be good. And they are playing the Knicks so we are going to a game Friday. We are staying at Marriott in Georgetown.

It’s not soul food but old ebbitt grill is really good and they have amazing drinks. It’s a pretty historical restaurant as well here in DC

If youre ever in DC... go to L'ardente and get the 40 layer lasagna... thank me later!

I’ve been there for lunch. It was aiight. Maybe dinner is better.

Any good food spots over by The Anthem/District WHARF?

Gordon ramsays hells kitchen is opening up soon lol

my favorite kebob place in DC was Moby ****'s right off M street in Georgetown. not sure if it's still there or they've moved but MAN their food was good

edit: dfhkjgadfkjhgd @ that getting censored

Love mobys. They’re a chain and have multiple locations throughout the dmv

@tbboyz

These any good?

The chipotle ranch sound kinda coo

86101893-204C-4CC2-BDE2-7977A0258985.jpeg

I can’t knock that. If you got a car, it’s easy to get anywhere if it’s off peak hours.

I hope some of those VA adventures are to hit Crisp & Juicy in Arlington. Been a regular there since ‘96. Peruvian chicken in the area is so good and totally absent from Austin. My wife insists we grab food from there on the way to my mom’s house from DCA every time we visit.

Up until last year, I rarely drove. I caught the train to work so I would be out even more back then. So many hidden gyms on those VA Metro stops man.

Na that place looks more fancy. This place was called Tonic at Quigleys
Ticket wasn’t terrible but I feel you.
Any good food spots over by The Anthem/District WHARF?
Definitely grazie grazie. Sandwiches are fire used to send my husband weekly when I was preggers. They sometimes do collabs with a deep dish pizza spot too. Mi vida is coo too but everything else there is mid. Don’t go to surf side. It’s good but od and lots of filler.

When I was in DC I stopped in at Georgetown Seafood for the Lobster Roll. It was good, but only if you're looking for a quick spot to grab a bite

Baked & Wired was closed so I tried Georgetown Cupcakes. They were fire and worth a try.

The Seafood at Old Ebbitt Grill was good. I liked the Crab Cakes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom