FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

1E6A9EB9-4FA2-437B-A18C-EC4D569E3E16.jpeg

Goat milk with olive oil + peach earlgrey tart gelato.

Not sure if olive oil is a thing with gelato but I felt like it complimented the texture and flavor well

In my house, we've been trying olive oil in sweets. By wife has been trying various Italian cake recipes that use olive oil. I have been making fried desserts in olive oil. I like the results and will probably try incorporating it into ice cream/gelato.

Using olive oil in sweets has caused us to be more picky about olive oil types since you really want to avoid very grassy and "sharp" flavored olive oils and you want the fruity and milder ones for sweets.

The curry sandwich is one of my favorite things from that sub shop. Sometimes they may it a bit underwhelming with the flavor but this one was on point

In my house, we've been trying olive oil in sweets. By wife has been trying various Italian cake recipes that use olive oil. I have been making fried desserts in olive oil. I like the results and will probably try incorporating it into ice cream/gelato.

Using olive oil in sweets has caused us to be more picky about olive oil types since you really want to avoid very grassy and "sharp" flavored olive oils and you want the fruity and milder ones for sweets.
I just like the earthy and nutty taste of olive oil, I drink it alone like a shot.

As much as Gordon Ramsay is right on a lot of things this isn’t the place to buy a fish supper. I want an old Italian guy running the fryer, the filters a bit beyond when they should be cleaned, and pure beef dripping - not vegetable oil, served in paper, and ideally right next to the sea.

I just like the earthy and nutty taste of olive oil, I drink it alone like a shot.
Yeah I knew there was something up with olive oil ( must taste good on its own) when I seen Mo on his netflix show sipping it and dipping naan bread in its instead of hummus.

Last edited:
Yeah I knew there was something up with olive oil (.ust taste goof on its own) when I seen Mo on his netflix show sipping it and dipping naan bread in its instead of hummus.
Na can’t drink every olive oil straight tho. Good quality ones. I mess with California olive ranch mostly. Buy a fancy Italian bottle once in a while

Back
Top Bottom