FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Mongolian BBQ at a local spot

2840C4BA-E5B1-409B-8DA7-72134B1BB18D.jpeg

I had dinner at Lucille's yesterday because I haven't been there for months. I also aware they have happy hour specials from 3:00PM to 7:00PM on Monday through Friday. But it's valid until close on Wednesdays during football season.

I had a chicken sandwich for $11 when it's normally $15. It was originally a Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich, but I opted to have it without the hot sauce based on my waitress acknowledging it's highly spicy. It's nice to know that I can have it prepared without the hot sauce.
IMG_6538.JPG

I chose BBQ beans for my included side. I tried a little bit of the red hot sauce in the cup and realized it was too spicy for me. I opted to eat it with the white Alabama sauce that was included and liked it that way.

You gotta get that spice level up Texas Rattlesnake!!!

Grilled up some veggies tonight

Attachments

• 42529CB0-6C1B-4DAB-8F7E-50400C780917.jpeg
    42529CB0-6C1B-4DAB-8F7E-50400C780917.jpeg
    506.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 54E1B051-C931-4251-A0D3-7626A24FA0AE.jpeg
    54E1B051-C931-4251-A0D3-7626A24FA0AE.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 144
That’s a little light in topping choices compared to the Mongolian bbq I’ve had
You make your own from the line g

I tossed a ton of onions and mushrooms in there, and baby corn as well. It just wasn’t at the top.

But ultimately the lack of colorful veg was my choice

I dislike Olive Garden now because I’ve had good Italian food in my city, and would pay around the same price if not a small bit more to get good food there as I would at Olive Garden for meh food.

The breadsticks ain’t what it used to be either. Wifey went there with a friend a few months back and said that after 2 rounds of breadsticks their server brought them 1 breadstick 💀💀💀

Social media somehow turned everybody into professional food critics

I go to Olive Garden regularly because my son loves the Minestrone there and they’re usually pretty busy when we go.

The people who hate on it are just louder about it.
Olive Garden is overpriced imo but I don’t care what anyone says, that Alfredo is crack. Chicken and Gnocchi is good too.

This is true. Y’all bougie.

Not at allllll. I've always scoffed at the idea that those places were nice, and I've always known plenty of people who've felt the same way.

In all aspects, all the internet has done is expand the awareness of dialogue that people were already having; it hasn't created any dialogue that wasn't already there.

-foe

Haven’t been there in over 15-20 years but Cheesecake Factory was higher quality than Olive Garden, never been to Red Lobster.

:lol:

Most of the meat and veg I added was at the bottom, apologies for not improving the plating before taking a pic for NT

I've never been to a Mongolian spot that didn't mix in the food after cooking.

Unless you took that picture before you handed the cooks the food.

Back
Top Bottom