FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

lawdog1 lawdog1

How are he chickens doing?
Good, currently. A few of our older ones passed away during the Winter. So they’re all fairly young now and are cranking on the egg production.

9A0EA89E-E41C-40D2-908A-BA27F6898101.jpeg

That’s just from the last two days.

Green eggs? The hell causes that to happen?

How residential is your neighborhood? You live in the city?

Picking up some chickens would be a good move but I wouldn't want them to be keeping up / waking up my neighbors.

Picking up some chickens would be a good move but I wouldn't want them to be keeping up / waking up my neighbors.
Different breeds lay different colors. Most lay white or brown eggs, but there’s breeds that lay green, blue and pink eggs. Never looked into the science behind the shell colors. The eggs are all the same on the inside, regardless of shell color, far as I can tell.

We don’t have a rooster so now loud crowing at sun up. But the hens can be loud at times. They cluck a lot right after laying and they all seem to join in. Never had any complaints from neighbors about it.

They’re actually petty common in the city. Three of my neighbors had chickens.

What did yall do with them after they died?
Took them to an animal shelter and paid a small fee for them to dispose of the remains. Don’t have space in our yard to bury them and don’t feel right just throwing the bodies in the trash.

I’m not sure they would have been edible since rigor mortis had already set in when we discovered they had passed.

Eastern Style Pizza

Monterey Chicken Grinder -
Char-broiled chicken breast, homemade garlic spread, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, ham, bacon, ranch dressing, mozzarella cheese and topped off with our won special house dressing

Philly Cheese Steak Grinder -
Thinly sliced beef chip steak, homemade garlic spread, grilled veggies (onions, green peppers & fresh mushrooms), mayo and mozzarella cheese
IMG_20220305_154143.jpg

Back
Top Bottom