FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Trader Joe’s prices and products are just too good. Their pasta is my go to under 10 min meal. butter nut squash, chicken poblano or burata sweet corn ravioli are all :smokin. west side market is underrated for prepared food and their hoagie’s are top notch as well

20210827_092604.jpg

20210827_092602.jpg

20210827_092528.jpg

20210827_092523.jpg

20210827_092519.jpg

Panera for breakfast with a 35 dollar gift card. Got 2 sausage egg and cheese sandwiches and 4 bacon egg and spinach souffles, and some fancy teas.

Mannnnn, Milwaukee is catching some heat!

Cheese is an acceptable thing to be known for. WI is essentially the home for a good charcuterie board at this point.

Like previously mentioned, a lot depends on where your staying and what you're looking for.

Burgers in Milwaukee: Oscars in the fifth ward! I do like Sobelmans

Pizza: I like balistreri's or barbieres, both are old school italian places. Thin crust pizza...

There are a bunch of solid taco spots on the south side that I would recommend.

A good friend of mine who is a chef explained it to me like this: Milwaukee has a really good food scene but what happens is a chef makes a name for themselves and gains a following and then they hop on I-94 and head down to Chicago. Rent and overhead is just so much cheaper in Milwaukee. There are a lot of up and coming chefs in Milwaukee that I would recommend. Feel free to shoot me a DM if needed.

Mannnnn, Milwaukee is catching some heat!

Cheese is an acceptable thing to be known for. WI is essentially the home for a good charcuterie board at this point.

Like previously mentioned, a lot depends on where your staying and what you're looking for.

Burgers in Milwaukee: Oscars in the fifth ward! I do like Sobelmans

Pizza: I like balistreri's or barbieres, both are old school italian places. Thin crust pizza...

There are a bunch of solid taco spots on the south side that I would recommend.

A good friend of mine who is a chef explained it to me like this: Milwaukee has a really good food scene but what happens is a chef makes a name for themselves and gains a following and then they hop on I-94 and head down to Chicago. Rent and overhead is just so much cheaper in Milwaukee. There are a lot of up and coming chefs in Milwaukee that I would recommend. Feel free to shoot me a DM if needed.
Thanks for the heads up. Oscar's Pub looks good. 23soles 23soles mentioned AJ Bombers, looks interesting too. Pizza wise I got my eye on Fixture Pizza Pub or San Giorgio Pizzeria.

Which ones did you get?
Fiery Chicken Curry
Butter Chicken

I love TJs for their creative concoctions. Seasonal items are the best.
Their watermelon fruit spread
The elote dip (ate this in one sitting shamefully)
Sweet potato chips
Pumpkin crumb cake
Fall teas
All the Christmas goodies

Back
Top Bottom