FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

A lot of good chicken pizza. This place does a really good honey mustard chicken pizza. Last time I had a few slices it almost put me in a food coma though.

The "curtido" is like a pickled/fermented cabbage slaw.. it, along with the tomato salsa, is standard when eating pupusas.
We're the pupusas good.? Try "revueltas" next time. It's a mix of cheese/pork/refried beans. They're my fave.. or "queso con loroco" cheese with this plant/flower.. it's a unique delicious taste.. I love pupusas. Lol.

Here's a pic from the last pupusas I had..
20200104_205252.jpg

Pupusas revueltas
Cafe La Praviana - Lake Balboa, CA
This man knows.

revuelta or queso con loroco.

also, salvis don’t like spice but some places sometimes have a spicy curtido. I’ve seen them add habaneros to it. Spicy curtido > regular curtido
I don’t use the tomatoe sauce they give you. Just makes the pupusa soggy doesn’t really add much to the experience.

i was in El Salvador in June and the Pupusas you get in the US are OD huge compared to what you get out there lol

Thread has me craving tamales now. There's a pupusa place a few blocks away that makes good ones. They are also a pizza place which is kinda weird, ordered a pepperoni pie from them before and it was good.

*Fixed

I've mentioned before, I just view it as salty heat in a liquid form.

It makes damn near anything better.

The #Superior condiment

Frank's really nailed their tagline because it's true

There's a hot sauce for everyone. Even sweet ones for the ketchup fiends

What options did they have for toppings?

Or were the toppings just sauces?

There are tons. Off the top of my head:

ketchup
Bbq
Mustard bbq
Chipotle
Cheese sauce
Mayo
Garlic mayo
Sweet chili
Coronation mayo
Ranch
Honey mustard
Fajita
Cajun
Blue cheese
Hot wing sauce

That’s probably about half.

Then you can add seasoning - different chillies and spice mixes.

Then there are extras like bacon, peas, jalapeños, parmesan etc.

They also do some that are like loaded fries - combos of things with chicken or bacon. Tried that once but it was too sloppy so I prefer to keep it simple.

Back
Top Bottom