FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I’m on vacation on the west coast of Scotland - staying near a town that is known for fresh seafood. Today went into town and got the “fisherman’s lunch” from a van right at the harbor - fresh langoustines with chips. Delicious.

9EBB62A4-B9A4-4035-A9A9-C6ADE2899581.jpeg

(Didn’t think about taking a picture until I’d eaten a few!)

Its really not though

If we're eating at a restaurant any place without a decent vegan option is out

If we're cooking we're making extra food when any meat/dairy is involved

Plenty of good vegan options and dishes but kinda the definition of a balancing act

I come in peace.

Explain how you aren't able to enjoy food experiences with each other?

How is it different than two people getting separate entrees that the other isn't interested in?

You still can but if we're rarely eating and enjoying the same things it's not the same

Seems like there's a lot of eat to eat mentality within veganism

If we're eating at a restaurant any place without a decent vegan option is out

If we're cooking we're making extra food when any meat/dairy is involved

Plenty of good vegan options and dishes but kinda the definition of a balancing act
Havent had this be an issue.

Plenty of types of cuisine have been offering tasty vegan options since before “vegan” was even a thing. For example, there a lot of good Indian and Thai dishes that don’t (or don’t have to) involve meat or dairy.

Indian people perfected vegetarian cooking. Only "ethnic" vegetarian food tastes good imo. I think it's when vegans start trying to get their food to taste like meat is when it starts getting a little nasty.

the deep fried "vegan" restaurants are terrible...just give me some good veggie dishes. Don't want batter covered mushrooms.

Back
Top Bottom