FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

940C1F24-9FDB-4E72-8E64-4F725EA1F4E7.jpeg

Thanks for the recommendation! Only had Katsu Chicken with Curry once, it was at Bonchons and it was disappointing.
This place offers pork or chicken katsu. I found the pork to be kinda dry but the chicken is nice, juicy and meaty. Not much seating...if you’re going during the business lunch hour, you won’t have a seat. But people eat pretty quick and back to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken katsu

Vs.

Chicken strips .

I googled the difference but how would you describe the difference in TASTE?

Is the Katsu Chicken heavily seasoned or nah?

Chicken katsu

Vs.

Chicken strips .

I googled the difference but how would you describe the difference in TASTE?

Is the Katsu Chicken heavily seasoned or nah?
The batter is different, lighter and thinner for katsu I think. It’s a different crunch to it. I wouldn’t say it’s heavily seasoned.

This was one of the worst videos I’ve ever seen

There's a lot of foods where i'd watch a Ramsey vid and I know he is a great chef overall but I'm not looking to a Brit on how to grill/cook a burger or a steak.

Yeah, all of his reasoning is technically sound and I'm sure it'll taste good but nah.

I'm totally over the egg in a burger in any form. Does not elevate the overall taste/experience. Plus he need a better brand of bacon.

Last edited:
50DEDB61-187C-469A-ADF4-61F04DFF680C.jpeg

Ordered crab fried rice from King of Thai in SF. Have to admit I’m disappointed. Thought it’s gonna be like OSHA Thai and have more ingredients. Taste is ok but wish there was more to it.

Back
Top Bottom