FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

yesterday's plate

20190718_152715.jpg

Down to Earth Organic & Natural - Kakaako https://yelp.to/qTKq/iyg0DytksY

also
20190718_072251.jpg

Mr. Donut's & Bakery https://yelp.to/qTKq/0YFeGCvksY
Quinoa, pasta salad, tomatoes, grilled zucchini/squash, what’s the fork in?

First time I went out to Cali, I HAD to get In n Out....it was unremarkable, really :lol: Probably a shade better than 5 guys.

Thought Carl's Jr. was better.
To be honest, out of towners hype it up more than people who live here do. To this day, I can count on one hand the times my homies wanted to eat there. Everytime I go, in n out is crowed with what seems like tourists. Kinda like how the tourists are on Hollywood Boulevard. Some of y'all stories sound like yall ate chitlins or something how disappointed y'all are when you first have it. At the end of the day, it's still a fast food burger :lol:

One of my favorite post workout drinks from Jamba is that PB & Banana one.

Sub almond milk for milk.
Sub soy protein for whey.
Sub matcha for honey.

*banderas.gif*

Last edited:
If anything, Nexx Burger is an in n out variant. Still haven't had it but yeah...

I enjoy In n Out as much as the next man, but some do gas it a bit. Tommy’s chili cheeseburger is fire btw.

yeah but they look good as hell :lol:
should be driving down there in like 3 weeks
gonna hit em up
Yeah I'm tryna make my way down there cuz it look fire but that **** too far. I have probably went to Downey once in my life. I'ma definitely head over there on one of my cheat days tho for sure.

Tommy's is nothing like In-N-Out.

But there are a lot of Tommy's variants. A random one that comes to mind is Willie's Burgers in Sacramento. Place is good, but an unashamed variant.

One thing I haven't seen anyone else replicate is Tommy's chili tamales.

Yeah I'm tryna make my way down there cuz it look fire but that **** too far. I have probably went to Downey once in my life. I'ma definitely head over there on one of my cheat days tho for sure.
i thought i heard they opened or was opening another location

Fam, you’re in Ingle. :lol:

Take the 105 and Downey isn’t nothing but a hop & a skip away.

Back
Top Bottom