FOFD (Fatherless on Father’s Day) Thread

Word to all my other NT brethren who ain’t got a father in their life for one reason or another this (and any other) Father’s day.

My dad was never really in my life but it’s been 4-5 years since he officially threw me the deuces and bounced out my life for good, each year it gets slightly easier but it’s hard not to feel “anything” on Father’s day.

Anyway, Father’s Day can be a tough one for some, so I hope you all doin alright out there.

Parents divorced when l was 2. Dad visited for holidays and such. Wasn't enough but things could've been worse had l grown up with him.

Parents divorced when l was 2. Dad visited for holidays and such. Wasn't enough but things could've been worse had l grown up with him.
I have some friends with bad fathers in their life and we’ve had discussions on what may be worse.. no father at all or at least a bad one.

We just chalk it up to “the grass is always greener”

Those without will usually want in some way and those with bad ones just want none at all.

Neither are good.

I have some friends with bad fathers in their life and we’ve had discussions on what may be worse.. no father at all or at least a bad one.

We just chalk it up to “the grass is always greener”

Those without will usually want in some way and those with bad ones just want none at all.

Neither are good.
Basically. People always think the alternative would have been perfect. Not likely.
Same with siblings, I'm an only child and l used to kinda want siblings, but there's no guarantee we would've gotten along. Life is messed up in a lot of ways, just be grateful with the hand you're dealt.

Lost my dad 2 years ago so Father's Day can be a little rough...especially in the morning and at night when there isn't much else on my mind

Lost my dad 2 years ago so Father's Day can be a little rough...especially in the morning and at night when there isn't much else on my mind
Sorry to hear.

Hopefully you have good memories to hold on to

Parents separated 18 years ago. Haven’t seen him in about 13 yrs or so. Only thing he really taught was what NOT TO DO along the way.

Last I heard was he lives with a deadbeat brother I have. Fitting, since that sibling was always his favorite.

My pops is still here but I dunno what my relationship is with him. He’s a heavy drinker and pulled a gun on me last time I came home when I told him to chill with making threats toward my mother. He’s not a terrible father but the marriage is trash and toxic so I don’t go home much.

Haven't seen my dad in about 25 years. No loss there.

My stepdad is alright, just a bit hypersensitive for a dude who's the burly trucker type. Holds the title of "whiniest man I know."

Back
Top Bottom