FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Not my pic but can’t wait for these
5CCE120A-F66D-4A8C-8D67-81226AD07150.jpeg
Theses looked like the galaxy we should have gotten 2012 all star game, if anyone remembers theses new pair that they bout to release look a lot like the pe/unreleased pair gentry Humphrey was wearing during the conference

Anyone have any leads on royals for the low? Looking for a size 11.5/12 looked around but couldn't find anything unfortunately. When it comes to the Galaxies I do like them, just don't know if I could pull them off especially as I'm getting a bit older. I still haven't even touched my northern lights but I'll def be keeping them regardless since I'm from Toronto

Anyone have any leads on royals for the low? Looking for a size 11.5/12 looked around but couldn't find anything unfortunately. When it comes to the Galaxies I do like them, just don't know if I could pull them off especially as I'm getting a bit older. I still haven't even touched my northern lights but I'll def be keeping them regardless since I'm from Toronto
Out of curiosity how old are you ?

Galaxies looked nothing like royals.
And they def weren’t overhyped. Just significantly under produced. I wish I could get a pair for a decent price.

the start of the nike hype train wasn't an overhyped shoe :rofl:as for the royal comment that's what i see when i look at them though i guess there's an eggplant fade mixed in there too :tongue:
https://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/09/15/nike-air-foamposite-one-galaxy/
mix this in with the holiday overhyped 11s and that's what started the train, train busted when 11s became easy to get and there wasn't anything of limited awesomeness after the yeezys from nike, despite how popular a lot of air jordan models are some of the limited ones don't even get much of a 2nd pass, only the model lovers are even checking which is a significantly smaller pool than say when the DB 11s will be announced, or if there was a PSNY 11 to be announced or even a TR 11, then again jordan models are supposed to go back to not be shelf sitting so who knows maybe the hype will come back for nike

the start of the nike hype train wasn't an overhyped shoe :rofl:as for the royal comment that's what i see when i look at them though i guess there's an eggplant fade mixed in there too :tongue:
https://www.highsnobiety.com/2015/09/15/nike-air-foamposite-one-galaxy/
mix this in with the holiday overhyped 11s and that's what started the train, train busted when 11s became easy to get and there wasn't anything of limited awesomeness after the yeezys from nike, despite how popular a lot of air jordan models are some of the limited ones don't even get much of a 2nd pass, only the model lovers are even checking which is a significantly smaller pool than say when the DB 11s will be announced, or if there was a PSNY 11 to be announced or even a TR 11, then again jordan models are supposed to go back to not be shelf sitting so who knows maybe the hype will come back for nike
You can’t say a shoe is overhyped when it’s still sought after years later.

You can’t say a shoe is overhyped when it’s still sought after years later.

wait doesn't that just help my cause? shes that aren't over hyped are forgotten about yrs later, for instance Ferrari 14s were hyped for the first yr and fell off, but overhyped shoes are never forgotten about every at least people stop trying to trade cars for them :wink:

wait doesn't that just help my cause? shes that aren't over hyped are forgotten about yrs later, for instance Ferrari 14s were hyped for the first yr and fell off, but overhyped shoes are never forgotten about every at least people stop trying to trade cars for them :wink:
Naw overhyped = what you described with the Ferrari 14s
Genuine = still wanting regardless like the galaxies

I just replied in another thread and talked about what Foamposites did for Nike and the brand. I've been collecting sneakers since about the year 2000 and I've seen the mid 2000s fads involving retro models from the 80s like Air Force Ones or Dunks (Dunk SB to be specific). If there were some sort of "special releases" at that time those were mostly done locally and you couldn't get them anyway. At that time I mostly collected retro Adidas and New Balance sneakers because Nike, save for a few notable exceptions like Air Maxes, had terrible quality control on everything besides new releases and AF1s. The retros looked nothing like the originals and Nike teased us with horrible Air Force Ones that were "inspired" by other models instead of bringing them back. The most insulting for most people was the Jordan inspired pack, for me it was the Talaria inspired AF1 that was presented INSTEAD of an actual Talaria.

The Foamposite in the mid 2000s was regarded as one of the ugliest sneakers ever made, Kobe 2 level. But it slowly rose to fame step by step. A culmination of early "web 2.0" culture with Facebook and Instagram, combined with how the Jordan 11 Concord took off in December of 2011 had a domino effect and created a huge speculation bubble of people trying to explain why this happened and how to gain from it. Most of them concluded - "it must be that retro basketball sneakers are the hot new thing!" So they bought up not only stockpiles of inventory from Jordan Brand and Foamposites but also stockpiles of other brands that tried to ride the wave. The years 2012-2014 have been the worst years I have experienced as a customer and collector of retro basketball shoes. Not because of lacking quality (although that too) but also because everybody tried to be a reseller and jump into action by buying up inventories. Reebok Questions were sold for close to $ 300 USD at that time on Ebay.

The funniest part about that is that people from 5 years ago, the snapback donning kid who wore a crewneck in the summer and had Jordans and Foamposites on, tried to deny being guided by hype by claiming how much of a fan of Jordan and Penny Hardaway they were. "I only like Foamposites because of the association with Hardaway and how he drew on them with a sharpie etc." Yeah sure. At least hypebeasts today are more self-aware of themselves. I think Kanye West has a lot to do with that. Sure, Yeezys were popular while he was at Nike too but he broke the trend of people pretending to be invested into the product itself.

Foams weren’t considered ugly. They were considered too expensive.

Also foams were doing numbers before the concords dropped. Foams weren’t the only shoe to see a spike in sales in the recent boom for Nike. It was many many shoes including lebron, Kd, Kobe, jordans, etc. can’t just say foams became a thing because of concords because it’s completely not true.

Last edited:
I'm from Germany, so I'm not completely sure as to what americans thought on the issue at the time given. But I distinctly remember several online polls from the mid 2000s who compared Foamposites (and derivatives like the Fantaposite) to the Kobe 2 in terms of overall ugliness.

I'm from Germany, so I'm not completely sure as to what americans thought on the issue at the time given. But I distinctly remember several online polls from the mid 2000s who compared Foamposites (and derivatives like the Fantaposite) to the Kobe 2 in terms of overall ugliness.
Germany can’t speak for foams because Europes hasn’t been known as a Basketball shoe region. Just like Jordan sales stink over there in comparison to the US.

When speaking of foams, just keep it to foams and not the take down models because they aren’t the same. It’s like comparing the Jordan 7s to the true flights just because they are related.

The Nike Foamposite One has always been a classic but were priced high at the time where they were $170-$180 retail vs the $125-$150 for the Jordan lines. That’s where the name “dope dealers” came from because people would joke that you had to be slinging if you could afford them.

The pros didn’t get as much love as the one line but it seems to be getting more love in recent years.

The sentiment that Jordan or basketball sales aren't that big in Europe was true in the 2000s but not really anymore since youth culture has been homogenized a great deal in the past 7 years due to the Internet. In the time frame of 2012-2014 we had the exact same thing going on, including the sudden love for Foamposites.

The Foamposite Pros, for whatever reason, were actually a bit popular in Europe when they released in 2003 in the UNC colorway. But that had probably more to do with the fashion of the era rather than with the shoe itself. Baby Blue was a huge thing back then for men to wear with their oversizes jeans, lol.

The sentiment that Jordan or basketball sales aren't that big in Europe was true in the 2000s but not really anymore since youth culture has been homogenized a great deal in the past 7 years due to the Internet. In the time frame of 2012-2014 we had the exact same thing going on, including the sudden love for Foamposites.

The Foamposite Pros, for whatever reason, were actually a bit popular in Europe when they released in 2003 in the UNC colorway. But that had probably more to do with the fashion of the era rather than with the shoe itself. Baby Blue was a huge thing back then for men to wear with their oversizes jeans, lol.
:lol: the US used to raid the European online inventory. I think we still do.

The Unc and red pros were ahead of their time but definitely not loved out here. The black pros were and so were the volts but it seems like bright colored shoes as a whole weren’t too popular in the US.

Well, it might just be a European perspective on the shoe then. But European guys return the favor by buying up your inventories of classic runners! So it's a tie, lol.

But considering what I wrote about the hyped up items above - I feel like nowadays it's not so much about categories (basketball, running etc.) but more about perceived scarcity and connection to popular people with guys being honest about it. It's kind of ****** up but at least self aware.

Well, it might just be a European perspective on the shoe then. But European guys return the favor by buying up your inventories of classic runners! So it's a tie, lol.

But considering what I wrote about the hyped up items above - I feel like nowadays it's not so much about categories (basketball, running etc.) but more about perceived scarcity and connection to popular people with guys being honest about it. It's kind of ****ed up but at least self aware.

ur right on both fronts... Europeans always coveted our runners even more than we did, and hype is mainly social media driven...organic interest in a shoe is far and few in between...(92 Huarache runners was da last shoe that caught fire without a push recently)

Back
Top Bottom