Flyknit Chukka Thread

what a deal. I've passed on this pair so many times, for no apparent reason. Hoping to get them for less than $100, but I should have just copped at $125 when i had the chance.

I finally got the chukkas i want in size 12 and it looks like I should've went down to an 11.5. i feel/look like a real dweeb cuz to keep them comfortably tight on my foot i have them laced up to the point where the 2 sides are almost touching at the top O_O. i thought i read somewhere that these can be washed and shrunk down a bit. does anyone have some insight on this? the sole isn't abnormally long or anything, just the top part is a bit looser than my foot needs.

I finally got the chukkas i want in size 12 and it looks like I should've went down to an 11.5. i feel/look like a real dweeb cuz to keep them comfortably tight on my foot i have them laced up to the point where the 2 sides are almost touching at the top O_O. i thought i read somewhere that these can be washed and shrunk down a bit. does anyone have some insight on this? the sole isn't abnormally long or anything, just the top part is a bit looser than my foot needs.
i dont think shoes shrink like clothing does bro...

Wear another sock brah. If the shoe isn't too long for your foot, then your foot/ankle must be really skinny.

Not washed but steamed.... although I've also heard stories of people trying this on their own and actually ruining the shoe
sick.gif

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/119397-nike-steaming-lounge-explained

I was actually disappointed to find out that the HTMs were limited when I was searching for my first pair of Chukkas to purchase. I wish they would be re-released in GR numbers, minus the HTM branding on the tongue and instead the regular tag.
They kind of did when they released the Pure Platinum Chukkas.  They were pretty limited, though, compared to the other GRs.  But those were the closest--even had the speckled midsole.

They kind of did when they released the Pure Platinum Chukkas.  They were pretty limited, though, compared to the other GRs.  But those were the closest--even had the speckled midsole.

Pretty close of course, but the blue Flywire on the HTM really adds a cool accent that highlights a super clean look

scratch that, the steaming lounge is only in london
sick.gif
The steamer is at most Nike Stores, including NTNY.  That article was from a year ago when they were first introduced. 

But they won't steam shoes that are not DS.  I had NIke flatiron steam my worn flyknits, however.  No other store would.

Last edited:
The steamer is at most Nike Stores, including NTNY.  That article was from a year ago when they were first introduced. 

But they won't steam shoes that are not DS.  I had NIke flatiron steam my worn flyknits, however.  No other store would.

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately i just called the midtown and flatiron locations and they dont do the steaming anymore. the guy told me to just run a really hot shower and let the room steam up and then sit in there for a few minutes with the sneakers on. idk but that doesnt seem like it'll generate enough steam to do anything. i guess i'll try it out tho

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately i just called the midtown and flatiron locations and they dont do the steaming anymore. the guy told me to just run a really hot shower and let the room steam up and then sit in there for a few minutes with the sneakers on. idk but that doesnt seem like it'll generate enough steam to do anything. i guess i'll try it out tho
You can also use a clothes steamer.  That has provided similar results.  Just be careful.  I had my lunars steamed at Nike Flatiron and they felt great initially, but they eventually shrunk a half-size down and made them hard to wear.  Plus the insole became very slippery.  However, they did let me return them a few weeks later (I had purchased them from RRS). 

I was cleaning out my closet and decided to snap a few pics of the SP Gold, Black/Plat, and Midnight Fogs since they're all pretty similar.  I'm not sure how I feel about the 3M laces on the Black/Plat, I might swap them out to break up the pattern a little.  Sorry about the pics, the lighting in my room was not the greatest.

I was cleaning out my closet and decided to snap a few pics of the SP Gold, Black/Plat, and Midnight Fogs since they're all pretty similar.  I'm not sure how I feel about the 3M laces on the Black/Plat, I might swap them out to break up the pattern a little.  Sorry about the pics, the lighting in my room was not the greatest.
Thank you for sharing. Now that you mention it... I'm not feeling the 3M laces, either!  Haha.  I'd like to see what you decide to do with that sneaker. Good luck. 

I actually had all 3 pairs at one point but selling them because they all look the same and actually none of which look really good on the feet. So curious how you're dressing them up. 
Midnight fogs are by far my favorite.  I was contemplating on selling off my second  pair at one point and I'm glad  I didn't.  I'll probably wait on wearing the SP Gold since the black/plats are very similar.  Once I figure out what I'm going to do with the laces, I'll probably break them out.  I also have the black/sail in my current rotation with the wolf grey and squad blue/pure plats sitting in my closet.  It's hard for me to wear all my shoes because I like to turn the shoes in my rotation into beaters before I break out a new pair.

I typically only wear my chukkas/trainers/racers with shorts or with my RC tiger fleece sweatpants and/or WH tigerfleece shorts.  

I am looking to buy a couple pair of the frees.  I have the free SPs and to me they fit about half size bigger than OG chukkas... does anyone know if the frees that just released fit the same way as the free SPs?  How about the women's frees too, looking for a pair for my girl, how do those fit? 

The Nike Lunar Flyknit Chukka are available now for $119.99

Jersey Gardens

1 (908) 629-9171

$119.99
(554969-671)
20140514-143856.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom