Flyknit Chukka Thread

To me the $30 price difference is nothing.  If you wear the shoes enough, the extra money you're paying, broken down over the life of the shoe probably equal cents per day.  

Inferior tech?  Come on, no one is wearing chukkas as a performance shoe.  The comfort difference between the lunar and free sole is there, but it's not like the free sole makes it feel like your walking on stone slabs.  

I think if Nike would've dropped the free sole chukka first and the lunar sole 2nd, we'd hear a similar argument about how Nike f'd up the model by putting on a lunar sole.  

You bring up some valid points, but I would have to disagree on some. First of all is the increased price point. Yes, while over time the difference does amount to mere cents, it's still a matter of principle. Free outsole tooling is simply just a rubber outsole with strategically placed flex grooves to emulate a barefoot like feel. One can reasonably infer that the cost of production for Nike Free shoes is relatively low, based on past releases. The current standard Free shoes void of any additional amenitiesi , say Free 5.0s, are a hundred bucks. Lunarglides are around $110. Neither have Flyknit. Yet when you combine FK with either cushioning via Chukkas, we get $170 and $200 respectively. Nike is already milking the consumers by such a lofty retail price, but to increase retail price by 17% when the shoes feature inferior (a matter of preference yes, but in terms of cost of production in this case), is just insulting to the consumer. Again, I personally don't value the Free versions (regardless of the gorgeous colorways) enough to buy at retail.

If Nike released Chukkas with Free tech first at $170 then Lunar versions for $200, then the backlash would most certainly be from tampering with the original rendition. However, the price increase in this case would be justifiable.

Off the restock hooked up by the homie!!

Mad I slept on these before. 

Excuse the whack kith-esque pose. Thought it would come out cooler. 
laugh.gif

Just picked up my first pair of flyknit chukkas. OMFG. these are the best shoes i have ever worn in my life.

i'm in Japan calling all over the states finally found a store in NC with size 15's, but the 15's are buried in the shelves and the associate told me to call back later in the afternoon, 6am my time. Please let me score a pair. 

It's telling me that these are excluded from codes on FNL. Any tricks you guys are doing for them to be accepted? :lol:

I didn't put in the code until the order review stage if that makes any difference 

I don't even have the option to enter codes on the order review page :\. Oh well. I might just use my WC Rewards and get $20 off. I was trying to double dip though :lol:.

I don't even have the option to enter codes on the order review page
ohwell.gif
. Oh well. I might just use my WC Rewards and get $20 off. I was trying to double dip though
laugh.gif
try reversing the input fields. put the coupon code where the WC field is and put your WC in the coupon field

Maybe it was a different page it was when you put in your card details there was a section on the right to apply the code. If you already put in the WC Rewards info it might not have allowed the coupon code

Back
Top Bottom