Flyknit Chukka Thread

Read back a couple pages, didnt see anything on this model from end's release calendar
  • Nike Free Flyknit Chukka SP - Black - 677537-070 - £189  - 1st March

Hey, I'm a new member but I was wondering if you guys think that Nike, finishline or other stores (when chukkas become older/less popular or when something takes its spot) restock popular color ways like the midnight fogs and the deep burgundies and will go on sale? Or do you think they'll keep releasing new color ways and not constantly restock the older/popular color ways? B/c I recently just bought a pair of the midnight fog chukkas for retail and I'm still deciding on whether I should keep them or not.

IMO, keep the fogs. The difference in retail and sale prices is not worth the salty despair of missing out on a CW that you desire. Instead, revel in the majestic perfection of the pair that you hold in your hands.

Speaking from experience here.

Missed out on the Wolf Grey and University Red chukkas, not to mention all the other FK trainers, racers and L1s I've slept on.

IMO, keep the fogs. The difference in retail and sale prices is not worth the salty despair of missing out on a CW that you desire. Instead, revel in the majestic perfection of the pair that you hold in your hands.
Speaking from experience here.

Missed out on the Wolf Grey and University Red chukkas, not to mention all the other FK trainers, racers and L1s I've slept on.

Thanks for the reply dude, I appreciate it. You're right, I would hate to miss out on a cw that I really wanted. Also another quick question, in this thread someone was talking about steaming the toe box so you don't get indentations in it, would I do this before or after wearing the chukkas and then indentations appear? And do you actually put the iron on the toebox to steam it or right above it letting the steam flow on to the toe box?

Last edited:
Need to find a pair for my wife, size 7.5 in women's....

Any of the grey based, squadron/sails/etc....Tried many of the links posted but no luck....

Appreciate any help....

Need to find a pair for my wife, size 7.5 in women's....

Any of the grey based, squadron/sails/etc....Tried many of the links posted but no luck....

Appreciate any help....

Most retail stores dont carry anything under 8. I would say just keep checking eBay. Bought a deep burgandy pair for my gf just last week (sz 7)...and they were only $110 :smile:

Thanks for the reply dude, I appreciate it. You're right, I would hate to miss out on a cw that I really wanted. Also another quick question, in this thread someone was talking about steaming the toe box so you don't get indentations in it, would I do this before or after wearing the chukkas and then indentations appear? And do you actually put the iron on the toebox to steam it or right above it letting the steam flow on to the toe box?
never tried steaming, and never needed to. My chukkas fit me perfect and I don't suffer from the FK elf toe disease. I would however, advise against placing direct heat onto the flyknit upper. The polyester will melt and turn shiny. It's like ironing polyester work pants I would think.

Personally, just wear em, and enjoy. Elf toe or no, I doubt anyone but the people here in NT will notice. :smile:

BTW, Owhat, the strength of that photo alone is making me highly doubt my decision to sleep on those FSBs. Really need some sort of discount though..

Last edited:
BTW, Owhat, the strength of that photo alone is making me highly doubt my decision to sleep on those FSBs. Really need some sort of discount though..
Thanks, man!  I hope you're able to find a discounted pair.  I think every chukka-head needs a pair of these in their collection.  They're so darn sexy!

Those FSBs have really grown on me. If they come out with another with a neutral colored sole I'm on it. The volt ones I'm down with on discounted prices if they ever get there though!

Anyone know if I can possible find some Squadron platinum chukkas online still? I'm looking for a size 9 or 9.5. Any help would be appreciated

Back
Top Bottom