Flannel..'timeless' but a bad look on hipsters and hype-beasts (my opinion)

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

And he's a hypocrite for saying people are catching feelings for him expressing his opinion when he's doing the same thing.

QFT
btw OP your catching feelings for others not approving of your view point...so why don't you just keep your opinion to yourself seeing as thought your in the minority and no one gives a ____ about how you feel...

And he's a hypocrite for saying people are catching feelings for him expressing his opinion when he's doing the same thing.

I'm not catching feelings, I actually appreciate this discourse. I made this post knowing people weren't going to agree, because I thought it was interesting and wanted to see where it would lead. 
The dude that said he's been wearing flannel since Kurt Cobain was alive, I'm not talking to him. The people that see a flannel shirt with a plaid design and are genuinely impressed by it's pattern, color, and design, I'm not talking the them, either. It's the lemmings I'm talking too, and I apologize to them for calling them fashion-senseless, because in reality fashion is subjective, but when you rock something because you saw somebody you think is 'cool' wearing it, you do a disservice to your own ability to think critically and choose. I guess maybe this post is really a way for me to select one thing to represent the lemming nature in us all.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

The fact that you used the phrase "we off that" makes me completely unable to take you seriously.

i
laugh.gif
odee

i agree, the designer & "fake" flannels are whack.
I rock only two REAL flannels i bought from costco for like $12 each.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dunkaruu

Originally Posted by wcarson89

you mad about it huh?

i own one flannel shirt that i got for 10 bucks from kohls...i like it.

Not mad at all, just concerned. Ultimately if you want to look like you have no fashion sense (kind of deduced that by your PURCHASING A 10 DOLLAR FLANNEL SHIRT AT KOHLS) that's up to you.

Why do you concern yourself with what other people wear? You sound like a bitter female..

Who are "we" here ? OP can't dress nor create a style for himself so he has to follow a trend

I don't see where you go off on saying that by wearing a Flannel someone has no sense of fashion and that it's a bad look..

I know there are a bunch of hypebeast +#@ dudes who rock flannels/plaid shirts and look ridiculous..
I know I have a few and I like them a lot. It can't be all that bad?

There are certain things that are timeless. Flannel is one of them. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that u didn't even consider rocking flannel till everybody else did.

This thread if full of failure like the idiots who make threads saying Ralph Lauren and Nautica is played out. You know whats played out?

Yourself.

i never jumped on the flannel bandwagon although there's nothing wrong with wearing one. the crazy colored streetwear ones look stupid imo but regular ones are fine.

i do like the resurgence in plaid/patterned shirts though (cotton not flannel), definitely a good look.

all i got from this post is that OP only wore flannel and plaid shirts in the first place is because it was the cool thing to do.

I support this thread oddly enough.

and
eek.gif
roll.gif
@ the use of nimcopoop. Wow. Haven't seen OR heard that word in a minute.

Originally Posted by APLX2

There are certain things that are timeless. Flannel is one of them. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that u didn't even consider rocking flannel till everybody else did. 

p.s.
flannels look pretty dumb with skinny jeans..
but to each his own...

The dude that said he's been wearing flannel since Kurt Cobain was alive, I'm not talking to him. The people that see a flannel shirt with a plaid design and are genuinely impressed by it's pattern, color, and design, I'm not talking the them, either. It's the lemmings I'm talking too, and I apologize to them for calling them fashion-senseless, because in reality fashion is subjective, but when you rock something because you saw somebody you think is 'cool' wearing it, you do a disservice to your own ability to think critically and choose. I guess maybe this post is really a way for me to select one thing to represent the lemming nature in us all.
really? You don't like people who think it's 'cool' to wear flannel? How the hell do you distinguish those people from people who just like plaid....

jesus worrying about other people is too much man....who @@%%#$ cares.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

really? You don't like people who think it's 'cool' to wear flannel? How the hell do you distinguish those people from people who just like plaid....

jesus worrying about other people is too much man....who @@%%#$ cares.
#basedgod-lyness at it's finest.

Hey, stranger on the internet that I'm not trying to impress - thanks!

excited2.jpg

Please.  Been off flannel since a few months after Pearl Jam Ten came out.......

Back
Top Bottom