First impressions of New York City...

Originally Posted by hymen man

Best city in the world
pimp.gif

True...
pimp.gif
all 5 boroughs > ___

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, which is really cool. The thing is, once you get past the typical tourist-y things to do around NYC, it gets even better. Lots of little places to see and things to experience outside of the usual spots that NYC is known for.
Truth. 29 years and I still feel like I've just scratched the surface. I find new things to appreciate all the time.

Try going to Grand Central between the hours of 4-7pm during the weekand check the hussies shuffling in and out during peak commuting hours
eek.gif

You my friend, have never lied
pimp.gif
If any of you unemployed dudes need motivation just do this lol. Bad broads in they business suit ftw.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Goddo I love NYC threads. NTers that have never been outside of the EastCoast/U.S. claiming that NYC is the greatest city on the planet
laugh.gif

NYCis a great city and I loved it because it reminded me of my birth cityso it personally lived up to my expectations. However to claim it's thebest city in the world is a stretch to say the very least. First, Idont think there is such a thing as the best city on earth. Secondly,what exactly makes NYC the best city out there? As great of a city itis, NYC's over-population has a negative impact on many aspects ofliving over there.

In terms of women, I'm not going to lie...Iwas extremely disappointed with the quality of NYC females. I haventtraveled to that many places but I've seen more quality women in othercities.
Stop it. What you fail to realize is that its not just New Yorkers who think we're the greatest. All over the world people acknowledge and respect New York as one of if not the greatest city in the world. I'm in Spain right now and just yesterday I saw a Spaniard rockin a Yankee tee. Two weeks ago in Amsterdam I saw a local wearing an I love NY tee. Three weeks ago in London a bartender had on a Yankees hat. That same weekend in a Paris club the DJ played a very limited hiphop set and you know he threw on that Empire State of Mind to which every Parisian in the building knew and sang the words. Go anywhere in the world and people are excited to meet New Yorkers. Not LA, not Chicago, and not Boston. New York.

So you ask what makes New York City the best? Knowing full well the answer cannot be quantified within a few sentences. Perhaps a book could cover it. But it's best to experience it. And from the sound of OP's experience in NY and most others, things should be quite clear.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, which is really cool. The thing is, once you get past the typical tourist-y things to do around NYC, it gets even better. Lots of little places to see and things to experience outside of the usual spots that NYC is known for.
Truth. 29 years and I still feel like I've just scratched the surface. I find new things to appreciate all the time.

Try going to Grand Central between the hours of 4-7pm during the weekand check the hussies shuffling in and out during peak commuting hours
eek.gif

You my friend, have never lied
pimp.gif
If any of you unemployed dudes need motivation just do this lol. Bad broads in they business suit ftw.

Goddo I love NYC threads. NTers that have never been outside of the EastCoast/U.S. claiming that NYC is the greatest city on the planet
laugh.gif

NYCis a great city and I loved it because it reminded me of my birth cityso it personally lived up to my expectations. However to claim it's thebest city in the world is a stretch to say the very least. First, Idont think there is such a thing as the best city on earth. Secondly,what exactly makes NYC the best city out there? As great of a city itis, NYC's over-population has a negative impact on many aspects ofliving over there.

In terms of women, I'm not going to lie...Iwas extremely disappointed with the quality of NYC females. I haventtraveled to that many places but I've seen more quality women in othercities.
Stop it. What you fail to realize is that its not just New Yorkers who think we're the greatest. All over the world people acknowledge and respect New York as one of if not the greatest city in the world. I'm in Spain right now and just yesterday I saw a Spaniard rockin a Yankee tee. Two weeks ago in Amsterdam I saw a local wearing an I love NY tee. Three weeks ago in London a bartender had on a Yankees hat. That same weekend in a Paris club the DJ played a very limited hiphop set and you know he threw on that Empire State of Mind to which every Parisian in the building knew and sang the words. Go anywhere in the world and people are excited to meet New Yorkers. Not LA, not Chicago, and not Boston. New York.

So you ask what makes New York City the best? Knowing full well the answer cannot be quantified within a few sentences. Perhaps a book could cover it. But it's best to experience it. And from the sound of OP's experience in NY and most others, things should be quite clear.

I know people in CT who have not been to NYC......baffles my mind. CT got a lot cow town kids though.

I know people in CT who have not been to NYC......baffles my mind. CT got a lot cow town kids though.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

In terms of women, I'm not going to lie...I was extremely disappointed with the quality of NYC females. I havent traveled to that many places but I've seen more quality women in other cities.

u either have bad taste in women or u need your eyes checked
Have you been outside of NYC? Outside of NY? Outside of the U.S.? There are more better looking women in other cities. I have never seen a list ranking cities with the most beautiful women with NYC leading the pack. NYC doesnt even lead the nation in that category...Miami does.

Stop it. What you fail to realize is that its not just New Yorkers whothink we're the greatest. All over the world people acknowledge andrespect New York as one of if not the greatest city in the world. I'min Spain right now and just yesterday I saw a Spaniard rockin a Yankeetee. Two weeks ago in Amsterdam I saw a local wearing an I love NY tee.Three weeks ago in London a bartender had on a Yankees hat. That sameweekend in a Paris club the DJ played a very limited hiphop set and youknow he threw on that Empire State of Mind to which every Parisian inthe building knew and sang the words. Go anywhere in the world andpeople are excited to meet New Yorkers. Not LA, not Chicago, and notBoston. New York.

So you ask what makes New York City thebest? Knowing full well the answer cannot be quantified within a fewsentences. Perhaps a book could cover it. But it's best to experienceit. And from the sound of OP's experience in NY and most others, thingsshould be quite clear.
So Europeans wearing NYC attire and listening to NYC make NYC the best city in the world? Did you think your post through before typing it out?

You have guys in here who openly admit they've never been outside of the East Coast or the U.S. yet they claim NYC is the best city in the world. How would they know when they havent yet experienced other cities and cultures? It's like trying out only 3 kinds of beers in your life and saying one of the beers you tried is the world's greatest.

And it definitely is possible to quantify great cities. If it wasn't possible then we wouldn't know then how would great cities seperate themselves from the rest of the pack? NYC is certainly a great city but it falls short in cost of living, pollution, transportation, crime, weather, city beauty relative to some other cities. As I said earlier, I personally dont believe in such a thing as one city being the best in the world but I think NYC is up there as one of the best.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

In terms of women, I'm not going to lie...I was extremely disappointed with the quality of NYC females. I havent traveled to that many places but I've seen more quality women in other cities.

u either have bad taste in women or u need your eyes checked
Have you been outside of NYC? Outside of NY? Outside of the U.S.? There are more better looking women in other cities. I have never seen a list ranking cities with the most beautiful women with NYC leading the pack. NYC doesnt even lead the nation in that category...Miami does.

Stop it. What you fail to realize is that its not just New Yorkers whothink we're the greatest. All over the world people acknowledge andrespect New York as one of if not the greatest city in the world. I'min Spain right now and just yesterday I saw a Spaniard rockin a Yankeetee. Two weeks ago in Amsterdam I saw a local wearing an I love NY tee.Three weeks ago in London a bartender had on a Yankees hat. That sameweekend in a Paris club the DJ played a very limited hiphop set and youknow he threw on that Empire State of Mind to which every Parisian inthe building knew and sang the words. Go anywhere in the world andpeople are excited to meet New Yorkers. Not LA, not Chicago, and notBoston. New York.

So you ask what makes New York City thebest? Knowing full well the answer cannot be quantified within a fewsentences. Perhaps a book could cover it. But it's best to experienceit. And from the sound of OP's experience in NY and most others, thingsshould be quite clear.
So Europeans wearing NYC attire and listening to NYC make NYC the best city in the world? Did you think your post through before typing it out?

You have guys in here who openly admit they've never been outside of the East Coast or the U.S. yet they claim NYC is the best city in the world. How would they know when they havent yet experienced other cities and cultures? It's like trying out only 3 kinds of beers in your life and saying one of the beers you tried is the world's greatest.

And it definitely is possible to quantify great cities. If it wasn't possible then we wouldn't know then how would great cities seperate themselves from the rest of the pack? NYC is certainly a great city but it falls short in cost of living, pollution, transportation, crime, weather, city beauty relative to some other cities. As I said earlier, I personally dont believe in such a thing as one city being the best in the world but I think NYC is up there as one of the best.

^Clearly didn't read what I said. Go anywhere in the world and ask them what they think the greatest cities in the world are and New York will always be in the convo. What jaded New Yorkers have to say is inconsequential. And you can point out as many shortcomings as you want but its the totality of the circumstances in New York that make it great. But as for the mess you're pulling out your rear, I'll address it. Every great city has bad points. No one city is perfect. Cost of living? Expensive. No doubt. Pollution? Not the cleanest. Transportation? Works fine. Crime? One of the safest big cities. Weather? Best of both worlds. Some people like the change in seasons. City beauty? Relative. Not everyone wants to see trees and driveways. I love city living. Point being that if there is a convo about the greatest city in the world New York is one of few that has a legit claim.

^Clearly didn't read what I said. Go anywhere in the world and ask them what they think the greatest cities in the world are and New York will always be in the convo. What jaded New Yorkers have to say is inconsequential. And you can point out as many shortcomings as you want but its the totality of the circumstances in New York that make it great. But as for the mess you're pulling out your rear, I'll address it. Every great city has bad points. No one city is perfect. Cost of living? Expensive. No doubt. Pollution? Not the cleanest. Transportation? Works fine. Crime? One of the safest big cities. Weather? Best of both worlds. Some people like the change in seasons. City beauty? Relative. Not everyone wants to see trees and driveways. I love city living. Point being that if there is a convo about the greatest city in the world New York is one of few that has a legit claim.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

And clearly you have reading comprehension issues...
First, Idont think there is such a thing as the best city on earth. Secondly,what exactly makes NYC the best city out there? As great of a city itis, NYC's over-population has a negative impact on many aspects ofliving over there.
I personally dont believe in such a thing as one city being the best inthe world but I think NYC is up there as one of the best.
And I listed NYC's shortcomings relative to other cities because this thread is specifically about NYC. If we had a thread discussing a list of the best cities of the world then I would point out the pros and cons of those cities as well. I'm sure if a bunch of well traveled people came together and made a list of top 5-10 cities then NYC would be out there but my point is that while NYC is a great city overall, it falls short RELATIVE to other cities in the categories I listed due in large part to over-population.

One more thing, you're right...city beauty is relative, but I think its relative to some extent. For example you cant say Detroit is a more beautiful city than San Francisco
laugh.gif
. There are definitely more beautiful metropolitan cities out there than just NYC. You said you were just in Paris, now are you really going to claim that NYC is more beautiful than Paris or some other European cities?

Originally Posted by RavageBX

And clearly you have reading comprehension issues...
First, Idont think there is such a thing as the best city on earth. Secondly,what exactly makes NYC the best city out there? As great of a city itis, NYC's over-population has a negative impact on many aspects ofliving over there.
I personally dont believe in such a thing as one city being the best inthe world but I think NYC is up there as one of the best.
And I listed NYC's shortcomings relative to other cities because this thread is specifically about NYC. If we had a thread discussing a list of the best cities of the world then I would point out the pros and cons of those cities as well. I'm sure if a bunch of well traveled people came together and made a list of top 5-10 cities then NYC would be out there but my point is that while NYC is a great city overall, it falls short RELATIVE to other cities in the categories I listed due in large part to over-population.

One more thing, you're right...city beauty is relative, but I think its relative to some extent. For example you cant say Detroit is a more beautiful city than San Francisco
laugh.gif
. There are definitely more beautiful metropolitan cities out there than just NYC. You said you were just in Paris, now are you really going to claim that NYC is more beautiful than Paris or some other European cities?

was planning on going to NY this summer but had to cancel my plans :/
After living in Tokyo and Bangkok, I gotta see NYC. Planning on visiting next year
pimp.gif

was planning on going to NY this summer but had to cancel my plans :/
After living in Tokyo and Bangkok, I gotta see NYC. Planning on visiting next year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

didn't like NYC.

There are many other better cities I've visited.

So crowded, hard to get around fast, *##% was expensive.
stupid_bush.jpg
laugh.gif
 Yea I'm from Houston and visited for the first time this May and had the best trip of my life. Transportation is so much more convenient/easy than driving everywhere. I loved the city and cant wait to 
go back. Having experienced alot of different US cities...NY>Vegas>LA>MIA>CHI IMO.....i gotta get to London soon... 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by tdrizzle

didn't like NYC.

There are many other better cities I've visited.

So crowded, hard to get around fast, *##% was expensive.
stupid_bush.jpg
laugh.gif
 Yea I'm from Houston and visited for the first time this May and had the best trip of my life. Transportation is so much more convenient/easy than driving everywhere. I loved the city and cant wait to 
go back. Having experienced alot of different US cities...NY>Vegas>LA>MIA>CHI IMO.....i gotta get to London soon... 
smokin.gif

If I could afford it I'd move there in a heartbeat.
It's way too expensive and I actually like having land.
but if it came down too it a lush apartment in NYC > than having land

If I could afford it I'd move there in a heartbeat.
It's way too expensive and I actually like having land.
but if it came down too it a lush apartment in NYC > than having land

Back
Top Bottom