Fire Mike Stoops

Arizona by 138 points.
WOW. This guy.
grin.gif

You know we aren't winning by anything less than 200 Gav.

Yes Fire Mike Stoops!
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I keep talkin bout leavin college football alone, but OU runnin the table next year. Especially if we get Mike Stoops back
laugh.gif

bjamez20 wrote:
good win, shouldn't have been that close though
Yeah you're right...it shouldn't have been close. We should have won that game.
If Mike Stoops wasn't a freaking moron we would have won.

1) Going for it on fourth down in the fourth quarter when we still needed two scores to get the lead (and we ended up scoring a TD on the next possession)
2) The FG holder running out on the field late leading to a rushed snap leading to a blocked FG that ended up being the difference in the game - how is thatthe head coach's fault? He doesn't have his players prepared for game situations.
3) WR's dropping damn near every pass thrown to them. Don't you work on catching passes in practice? Again - preperation - again it goes back to thehead coach.
4) Having a Jr. QB who has started since he was a freshman making dumb mistakes like taking sacks and throwing picks nowhere near our WR's - It's up tothe head coach to assure that players make improvements from one year to the next. Willie is the same player he was as a freshman...in fact, his decisionmaking has actually gotten worse.
5) Gronkowski has a TD catch in the first quarter and you don't throw a single ball to him until late in the fourth quarter? Then he makes one catch anddraws one PI penalty? Why the hell doesn't a single ball get thrown to him in the second & third quarters and in the fourth until 1:00 to go?

It all comes back to the top - Mike Stoops is a horrible in-game coach, a horrible motivator, and doesn't grasp the significance of the ASsU game.
When he said that the Oklahoma - Texas rivalry is more important then the Arizona - ASsU rivalry, he deserved to get fired on the spot.

^^^ Eh, I somewhat agree with what you said...HOWEVER, the offense is new so I think Stoops deserves atleast one or two more years.

Besides, you bring a new coach in and it sets this program back another couple of years, unless they hand over the head coaching job to *$$$!, which seemsasinine.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

^^^ Eh, I somewhat agree with what you said...HOWEVER, the offense is new so I think Stoops deserves atleast one or two more years.

Besides, you bring a new coach in and it sets this program back another couple of years, unless they hand over the head coaching job to *$$$!, which seems asinine.
With Stoops it's the same garbage every year...we come out of the gate, we lose to some crappy teams in September, get killed by everyone inOctober, and then in November win a game or two against a quality opponent...so everyone says "Arizona football is turing the corner...we havemomentum...blah blah blah..."
Then, we play ASsU and we come out unispired, lackadasical, and play like absolute crap. Stoops doesn't motivate his players, they don't get up for thebig game, and he makes horrible decisions on the field.
He's a great coach - when the game's meaningless...but when you need a win he's about as good of a head football coach as my 9 month old son.

As a proud graduate of the University of Arizona, and someone who was in school back when football meant something and our program was relevant nationally,I'm sick and tired of the mediocrity. Keeping Stoops around is telling the alumni that the administration (President Shelton and AD Livengood) doesn'tgive a crap about our football program.
We need a rich alum like Arte Moreno to come in and pay out Stoops contract so we can get his sorry%%%$ out of town and get us a coach that knows what the %!$#he's doing.

yea Zona has gotta fire Stoops. He sucks...every year it's like this is "the" year and it never happens. Well, I know how it feels too being aCal football fan lmao

looks like the Pac-10 will have at least 2 head coaching jobs with UCLA and Arizona.

Must not have watched the game, its all good.

WstCoastGotti wrote:
Must not have watched the game, its all good.

Why do you say that?

You honestly think that Arizona didn't have chances to win the game?
It was a three point game, and we had a FG blocked because our idiot holder was late getting on the field and we had to rush the snap.

But, take that play away...and I can point to 50 different reasons why we should have won that game...most of which had to do with Mike Stoops totalincompetance as a head coach.
Going for the TD on the fourth down was the biggest example. Why the hell are you going to go for it on 4th & goal at the 2 yard line when you need twopossessions to win the game? A FG would have made it a seven point game at that point...and we ended up holding ASsU to a 3 & out and scoring on the nextpossession anyway...

What about the horrible play calling? You know that ASsU doesn't play the short passes well...so why the hell were we trying to throw the longball allnight? Why is it that we completely ignored Gronkowski after he scored a touchdown? Again, that goes back to the head coach.

If we had a halfway decent head coach we would have won that game.

ASsU's WR's made some spectacular catches...those were the difference maker...but having a guy on the sidelines that knows what the hell he is doingwould have been able to withstand that. As it was, it was a three point game despite the fact that Mike Stoops is our coach.

Going for the TD on the fourth down was the biggest example.
I was
eek.gif
when i saw that... your down ten points!!!! you haveto score twice!!! i was real thankful of stoops being the coach right there.

and i really am not going to argue your points because we played like hot trash. ill take the W and keep it movin

When he said that the Oklahoma - Texas rivalry is more important then the Arizona - ASsU rivalry, he deserved to get fired on the spot.
he is telling the truth

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he is telling the truth
Nationally, maybe...but when you are the head coach of the University of Arizona you don't say things like that.
As far as he's concerned any Arizona game should be the most important game in the nation. I don't want a head coach that doesn't live, eat, andbreathe Arizona Football.

Back
Top Bottom