Financial aid increase FTW!

so I check my mailbox today and low and behold I see a financial aid check in my name. im guessing since the budget cuts caused the tuition hikes, the stateupped the cal grant amounts, thus giving me an extra $225 in the bank
pimp.gif
...anybody elseget this? I attend CSUSB by the way.

i don't use fin-aid but when you guys get this money what do you do with it? blow it/save it/repay.

Originally Posted by Cherchez

i don't use fin-aid but when you guys get this money what do you do with it? blow it/save it/repay.

my 1st 3 years...well 2 years and 2 quarters...i blew through it..shoes food misc.stuff....now i just pay my bills and stack the rest.

I had my cal grant cut, but theres this new grant I'm getting called the state university grant.

Appreciated. I got an additional $3K grant this semester. No, I don't refund any of it. I'm still paying tuition even after my financial aid.

You know I dont mean to !#@!#. But seriously they shouldnt be giving checks but vouchers. ++$!+++##$@#$ at my school be getting there checks and blowing it onnon school related $@%#. And I know people who make according to the financial aid make too much money for help and they are always scrounging to get therebooks.

I got an extra $281 in the mail a couple days ago that I wasn't expecting. Im in Florida at VCC .

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

You know I dont mean to !#@!#. But seriously they shouldnt be giving checks but vouchers. ++$!+++##$@#$ at my school be getting there checks and blowing it on non school related $@%#. And I know people who make according to the financial aid make too much money for help and they are always scrounging to get there books.

naw youre good...my ex feels the same way...she hates every time i get a check
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

i guess cal state should be able to afford financial aid increase since they cut off apps for 2010
indifferent.gif

all bad.....my homeboy got a track scholarship to fullerton and he cant even go
frown.gif

When do you get the left over money from financial aid? At the end of the semester?

xUp= naw we get ours at the beginning of the quarter
lyso= yeah hopefully i see it across the rest of the quarters

Back
Top Bottom