Finally ...Gentry Is DONE !!!

I don’t care about Nike’s revenue. It does nothing for me. All I know is that since he’s been in control it’s been impossible to get the shoes I want. Everything is a draw or a super limited collab. I’m glad he’s gone.
You should. When revenue decreases, that's when your favorite shoes get brushed to the side. The only thing y'all keep saying is we got more ogs when Gentry was gone... I know this sounds blasphemous on here but the majority of Jordan buyers aren't interested in only ogs. That kind of stuff matters to you older dudes way more than it matters to us. Yes, it's great to get ogs every now and then but it's not the sole reason I buy Jordans. I like fire colorways. We've got a bunch of them under Gentry. Y'all keep pointing out his misses but I could literally do that same thing for the time period he was gone if I wanted to. Y'all have irrational hate for this guy and I'll never understand why.

You should. When revenue decreases, that's when your favorite shoes get brushed to the side. The only thing y'all keep saying is we got more ogs when Gentry was gone... I know this sounds blasphemous on here but the majority of Jordan buyers aren't interested in only ogs. That kind of stuff matters to you older dudes way more than it matters to us. Yes, it's great to get ogs every now and then but it's not the sole reason I buy Jordans. I like fire colorways. We've got a bunch of them under Gentry. Y'all keep pointing out his misses but I could literally do that same thing for the time period he was gone if I wanted to. Y'all have irrational hate for this guy and I'll never understand why.

gentry, we know it's you... just stop.

He was in charge of some of the darkest days of the brand from a quality and availability standpoint. To the point I quit buying Jordans for years.
He flaunted his personal collection while basically taunting the buying public with the fact we’d never get what he gets.
He fought putting Nike Air on retros while additionally butchering a huge number of them.
How’s that for starters?
Stop acting like he didn’t do plenty to alienate a lot of us longtime consumers. It’s fine you happen to like what he did, but you know why many of us don’t.
It’s a separate issue as far as the brand’s financials go. What we do know is, from about 2015-18 while he was gone, we got a boatload of retros we’d been clamoring years for, and they weren’t particularly difficult to get, either. That’s what actual fans of the shoes will always put as their No. 1 desire.
Most people don’t care if JB puts out retro+ colorways, as long as it’s not at the expense of the OGs.
I also couldn’t disagree more with your wild assertion that if profits suffer, the OG shoes we care about will be pushed aside. Rather, that’s exactly when they’ll put out more OGs in larger numbers to make up the shortfall. We’ve already seen it happen not long ago during the period I mentioned.

Last edited:
He was in charge of some of the darkest days of the brand from a quality and availability standpoint. To the point I quit buying Jordans for years.
He flaunted his personal collection while basically taunting the buying public with the fact we’d never get what he gets.
He fought putting Nike Air on retros while additionally butchering a huge number of them.
How’s that for starters?
Stop acting like he didn’t do plenty to alienate a lot of us longtime consumers. It’s fine you happen to like what he did, but you know why many of us don’t.
It’s a separate issue as far as the brand’s financials go. What we do know is, from about 2015-18 while he was gone, we got a boatload of retros we’d been clamoring years for, and they weren’t particularly difficult to get, either. That’s what actual fans of the shoes will always put as their No. 1 desire.
Most people don’t care if JB puts out retro+ colorways, as long as it’s not at the expense of the OGs.
I also couldn’t disagree more with your wild assertion that if profits suffer, the OG shoes we care about will be pushed aside. Rather, that’s exactly when they’ll put out more OGs in larger numbers to make up the shortfall. We’ve already seen it happen not long ago during the period I mentioned.
There's a board of people who make decisions at Nike. For some reason you guys have decided to make Gentry the desire of all of your Jordan brand frustrations. 15-18 was a dark time for JB. Their ineptitude allowed Yeezy to almost jump over the jumpman both figuratively and literally. Prestige was wearing off the ogs and that time period is also when the whoring out of the 1s began. Gentry is a man of the people from all I've seen and heard from lately. JB is bigger than ever and a lot of that is because of the genius of gentry. We got new pl cuts on the 11s, new ep height on the 3s, and that beautiful hi 85 mold... Again for some reason y'all only focus on the negative of Gentry but rarely do you mention the good. And on the topic of availability and quality, first and foremost Nike is a business. Limiting production creates a want which for Nike turns into more revenue. Yeah it sucks as guys who love Jordans but if you put yourself in the position a business owner, it makes sense. At the end of the day Nike has shareholders to please.

ql05mt (1).gif

The only good thing he EVER created were the early retro+ colorways, but ONLY that!

This man is the reason why JB cut corners and gave us paint cracking on day one, banana shape, plastic leather, Jumpman on the back of OGs instead of Nike Air and this bull***

s-l600.jpg

jordan-air-jordan-11-retro-space-jam-2009_13813229_34426255_1000.jpg

I remember those interviews....

"We have to protect the collectors who bought the OGs in the 80s and 90s, Nike Air isn't coming back"

Way too much money was spent for half *** products, **** him!

As soon as he went to do the foam line, JB slowly started to go back to it's roots, **** him!

Last edited:
i found it wild that this is the same kris wright who founded jhung yuro back in the day.
This is from hypebeast and the Saudi Arabia Times “Wright, Nike’s current Vice President of global men’s footwear and sport lifestyle product has an impressive portfolio of his own, highlighted by his efforts on Virgil Abloh‘s Off-White™ x Nike “The Ten” collection in 2017. Wright has been with Nike since 2011, and prior to joining the Swoosh spent time at Reebok from 2000-2004, where he worked with artists like JAY-Z and G-Unit through the RBK Music sub-label.”

There's a board of people who make decisions at Nike. For some reason you guys have decided to make Gentry the desire of all of your Jordan brand frustrations. 15-18 was a dark time for JB. Their ineptitude allowed Yeezy to almost jump over the jumpman both figuratively and literally. Prestige was wearing off the ogs and that time period is also when the whoring out of the 1s began. Gentry is a man of the people from all I've seen and heard from lately. JB is bigger than ever and a lot of that is because of the genius of gentry. We got new pl cuts on the 11s, new ep height on the 3s, and that beautiful hi 85 mold... Again for some reason y'all only focus on the negative of Gentry but rarely do you mention the good. And on the topic of availability and quality, first and foremost Nike is a business. Limiting production creates a want which for Nike turns into more revenue. Yeah it sucks as guys who love Jordans but if you put yourself in the position a business owner, it makes sense. At the end of the day Nike has shareholders to please.
not a single thing here I can agree with. 15-18' a dark time for JB? HARDLY. We got a ton of og colorways in their best form, and everyone ate which is how it should be. Whatever good Gentry did was far outweighed by his BS.

ql05mt (1).gif

The only good thing he EVER created were the early retro+ colorways, but ONLY that!

This man is the reason why JB cut corners and gave us paint cracking on day one, banana shape, plastic leather, Jumping on the back of OGs instead of Nike Air and this bull***

s-l600.jpg

jordan-air-jordan-11-retro-space-jam-2009_13813229_34426255_1000.jpg

I remember those interviews....

"We have to protect the collectors who bought the OGs in the 80s and 90s, Nike Air isn't coming back"

Way too much money was spent for half *** products, **** him!

As soon as he went to do the foam line, JB slowly started to go back to it's roots, **** him!
What didn’t u like about the 2009 space jams ?

Back
Top Bottom