FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

my 2nd size 12 citrons came today and i got one shoe with a really wrinkled leather piece, while the other is perfectly smooth how it should be.

here's pix, tell me if this would bother you enough to return them and seek a different pair:

6145973036_a0253df221_b.jpg

6145972904_40e0da8821_b.jpg

yes, if it was my only pair, the edge of that leather piece is all mangled too

but if it was my second pair - it might prompt me to turn them into
that all-purpose go to beater pair...and it would be a durable & comfortable
beater would it not?

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I always referred to those black/teal/purple Tech Challenges as the "Shamu's" like the whale from Sea World.  If done right those would easily be a x 3.  Agree with you S.P.  Those are pretty darn high up on my list.

So, for those of you with skills,  Anyone able to throw up a Trainer Fam Logo using infared/obs or teal/citron that I can submit to my local tshirt shop to have something done up? Figure on a black or white long sleeve tagless tshirt in time for the Fall?
happy.gif
thats funny because I think of the Neon Green/ Orange ones as Nickelodeons. The colorway reminds me so much of their logo and their patent slime 
laugh.gif

I can draw up a logo this weekend for the shirts if anyone needs me to. Here's a few logos I have done recently (Im a graphic designer)

Originally Posted by green rhino123

yes, if it was my only pair, the edge of that leather piece is all mangled too

but if it was my second pair - it might prompt me to turn them into
that all-purpose go to beater pair...and it would be a durable & comfortable
beater would it not?

nah, i wouldn't use these as beaters. i wear asics kayanos for beaters, they're my go to sneaker for comfort and performance.

i guess i'll return these to sneakerhead. they better cover my return shipping.

now i gotta try to track down another pair of citrons in a size 12 at a reasonable price (retail + shipping basically).

really hope NDC gets 'em soon. i'm starting to doubt they will tho.

reading sneakerhead.com's return policy, they only offer exchanges for defects.

i'm not sure i would call these defective, i'm sure they could sell them to someone else, and i'm just being picky.

but i emailed them pix and everything anyways, hopefully they'll just give me a refund.

yeah, well if they try to front on me i'm gonna get a manager on the phone. gonna get a refund one way or another.

^^ didn't they hold on to your pairs for a few days to take pics? and they didn't see that "flaw"?? hmmm. . .

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

^^ didn't they hold on to your pairs for a few days to take pics? and they didn't see that "flaw"?? hmmm. . .

no, those were from district. size 13's. i'm about to return those i think. don't feel like dealing with the hassle of putting them on the bay and everything.

i ended up going down to size 12 and now have doubles, with the exception of this 2nd pair of citrons...

i'm actually wearing my other pair of citrons tonight for the first time. love 'em! gonna unDS the infrareds this week too.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

my 2nd size 12 citrons came today and i got one shoe with a really wrinkled leather piece, while the other is perfectly smooth how it should be.

here's pix, tell me if this would bother you enough to return them and seek a different pair:

6145973036_a0253df221_b.jpg

6145972904_40e0da8821_b.jpg
Proto this is what I would do.  First, I would secure my replacement set for these, and then these would be returned definitely should not look like that.

proto, How does that wrinkled leather move? Can it unwrinkle as you walk in them? Seems like you might have some ultra premium material in that spot.

My citron pair is showing early signs of wrinkles in that same spot.. Now I agree that it shouldnt be there from a DS point of view. But I can already see my pair getting there very shortly.. This leather is just so soft after break in.

Leathers like these, it won't get much worse. They really do plateau. I guess it sucks you didnt earn those wrinkles through wear though lol.. Best of luck on the return

Funny story about Nike QC then vs. Nike Quality Control now... I have a pair of 2000 air trainer 1 varsity reds which are marked as cosmetic B grades. So I pick them up and check them out.. Apparently, the heel suede piece is about 1/4 of an inch too high right where the midsole and upper come together. You can see a penciled ruler line in that spot and then an X mark... They had pretty meticulous standards back then.. Now, something like that can go right through.

I've seen just about every type of leather "flaw" on these..
-Above the swoosh wrinkles
-Heel white leather area below the ankle collar
-Medial side of the shoe (no swoosh) has some pairs where the white perf. leather pops in and out a bit. On your foot and tied, its fine. Otherwise, it could pose an issue if you like a pretty looking DS shoe

not sure if it can unwrinkle, but would it be bad to try using a mini steam iron right there? think it would work?

it looks bad but it also looks ultra premium, lol i think i would return tho unless u can't find another 12.

after wearing my other pair of citrons tonight, i can see what wally is saying, that part has already started to wrinkle some as well.

just that these came prewrinkled.

if i gotta cough up return shipping, and have a hard time finding another size 12 i might just hold onto 'em. they're not that bad, and it does look like ultra premium leather, lol.

^also im pretty sure you would have no problem selling them if you chose the route cuz size 12 is a very sought after size lol

"Ultra premium leather"   
roll.gif
       .....You guys are giving Nike too much credit calling these premium leather and justifying the wrinkling on these shoes....I understand we are all excited to see these colors release but they should not come pre-wrinkled...They shouldn't even wrinkle as easy as much as they do when worn...Nike used cheap materials again and you guys are apologizing for them instead of just admitting they could've focused more on quality as usual. I would be willing to bet this is why Nike decided to not sell them on ndc...they new too many pairs came out poorly and didn't want to have to deal with the flood of returns themselves....I'm sure they thought it was a better idea to let boutiques deal with that instead...and don't be surprised when a bunch of these show up in outlets later this year because of the wrinkling issues....I mean you have guys on hear justifying the leather quality and having to poke out their own lace holes and still swearing Nike did their job on quality control!

If I had a tear in my leather would you call it "super premium"...."wow these are so soft and super premium they tore after one wear and I love them, thank you nike!" 
roll.gif

I bought 3 pairs and one was just like the pic above and both others had certain areas that are just un-accceptable for a pair of shoes that was never put on a foot...do you guys think that Nike came looking like this with wrinkles and shiny leather back during their original releases?

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

"Ultra premium leather"   
roll.gif
       .....You guys are giving Nike too much credit calling these premium leather and justifying the wrinkling on these shoes....I understand we are all excited to see these colors release but they should not come pre-wrinkled...They shouldn't even wrinkle as easy as much as they do when worn...Nike used cheap materials again and you guys are apologizing for them instead of just admitting they could've focused more on quality as usual. I would be willing to bet this is why Nike decided to not sell them on ndc...they new too many pairs came out poorly and didn't want to have to deal with the flood of returns themselves....I'm sure they thought it was a better idea to let boutiques deal with that instead...and don't be surprised when a bunch of these show up in outlets later this year because of the wrinkling issues....I mean you have guys on hear justifying the leather quality and having to poke out their own lace holes and still swearing Nike did their job on quality control!

If I had a tear in my leather would you call it "super premium"...."wow these are so soft and super premium they tore after one wear and I love them, thank you nike!" 
roll.gif

I bought 3 pairs and one was just like the pic above and both others had certain areas that are just un-accceptable for a pair of shoes that was never put on a foot...do you guys think that Nike came looking like this with wrinkles and shiny leather back during their original releases?
Actually the quality IS much better than any Jordan, or other Nike retro we've seen in YEARS.  
In the hundreds of people that posted maybe two people had this wrinkle issue, that doesn't sound like a flood of returns to me.

The lace hole thing happens across the board with every shoe brand, let me repeat that WITH EVERY SHOE BRAND, it happened with the originals as well. 

And to compare a reaction to a tear with a reaction to wrinkles (which happens to good leather anyway) is just DUMB.  

And do we think the original Nike Trainer SC II came looking like this with wrinkles during their original release?  YES, look at the advertisement below you can clearly see wrinkles to the leather (And the retro's leather is NOT shiny). 

You actually sound like someone thats salty they didn't show up on NDC.  They didn't show up on NDC most likely because boutiques kept calling up their warehouse to ship out more.  There was no original intention of carrying these on NDC.  Will some of these show up at outlets?  Possibly, but a flood?  Keep dreaming. 
laugh.gif

the leather on these is good quality
anyone with originals and older retros can compare & see for themselves
don't think the theory about possible returns & an online release makes any sense

i still think Pronto's citrons look mangled, but coming ds looking like that & wrinkling
after wears should not be conflated

like i said, go take your originals to confirm...

i say keep them and make that the pair that's worn....like Wally said, they'll get there eventually.

but if do return 'em...secure that replacement first and avoid having to deal with resellers.

allthingsjordan wrote:
"Ultra premium leather"   
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 You obviously have no IDEA what you are talking about
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

seriously though, dude kinda has a point. take a look at some of the first string converse releases and check out the materials they use. it's far superior to the crap nike uses on GR forces and much better than the material used on these qs sc iis. aaaannd...the converses are priced much cheaper. 

Back
Top Bottom