FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

I've worn the lime colorway twice, mucho comfortable. 

There are slight changes from the OG, but I don't let that bother me.  great shoe.

Originally Posted by DA HEN

I've worn the lime colorway twice, mucho comfortable. 

There are slight changes from the OG, but I don't let that bother me.  great shoe.
Loyal/Early adapters are always screwed. Whether its electronics or DVD releases, it's now crossed over to shoes. Like another NTer said here weeks back, this is becoming too similar to the infared/varsity red AJ VI debacle. Tons of people bought the close enough edition, many without any knowledge of a pending infrared release.. Here you got some guys who have been waiting since 1990 to pick up a pair, and how do you thank them? By making them buy another model that isnt close enough but EXACTLY what they wanted. It just reeks of bad business ethics.

I'm personally trying to sit out on the citrons and wait. Luckily they aren't selling out and the backup plan is still in effect. For now I wait, as each sunny nice calm day passes me off. Days I wouldve spent wearing these with pride.. Tough times lol

In other news, Villa, out of Philly has the white/grey/club purple colorway ready for purchase.

A bit of a surprise release. These are IDENTICAL to the July release but instead of purple, just plain grey and black. Two GR colorways that will be almost TOO similar. But what can you say.
nike-sc-trainer-sc-2.jpg

NDC also has them "out of order" which usually means there arrival is coming within two weeks.
b6035ec94e09765b45f2110a37fe00a8da21b9e_r.jpg

Style Code: 443575-101  White/Club Purple- Medium Grey
This photo seems to indicate these may be the first pair with a full leather upper

Family photo from Ruvilla.com
nike-trainers-sc-2.jpg

Here it doesnt really look like a shiny leather.. Grey tongue and darker grey upper compared to the citron pair

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

if they h0h exclusives im gonna do something really bad, no h0h's anywhere around me.
I've been lurking, checking this thread everyday for updates, but I LOL'd when I read this cause I was thinking the same thing.
laugh.gif

I gotta get as many pairs of the quickstrikes as I can.  I wanted these so bad when I was in Junior High, but there was no way moms was gonna buy them for me. 

The nearest HOH is 8hrs away.
30t6p3b.gif

Gettin' ready to break bread. HOH or not, these WILL be copped...Believe Dat! Thanks fo the info jonnydpgc.

Well seeing as these aren't hoops shoes, I don't see how they would end up @ HOH.  My fear is that they are packaged together with A) something we really don't want and have to get anyways (see Alpha Huarache w/ Alpha talon cleat) or B) some other awful half-baked colorway that no one would ever care about if it weren't for the infared. See the Bo Package from last year with Pujols trainer.  In any case, as long as they aren't packaged or uber-limited we should be good. Hopefully.... tbd

Its easy to figure out Nike's objective on these now. If they would of dropped the OGs first undoubtably they would have sold very well and the LS colorways that came after would probably have been ignored to rot on the shelves. They no doubt thought that if they release all these garbage colorways first we'd have no choice but to purchase them since there wasn't any clear information that we'd get the OGs. And then BAM! they drop the OGs and double their potential earnings.
I'm hoping that this strategy has completely backfired on them and all these LS colorways sit and when the OGs do drop they sell well. Maybe they'll learn that we as the customers are not that gullible to fall for their "bait and switch" sales techniques, but then again I could be just talkin out my a*$....

I'll probably go to my grave wondering how they let a hybrid auto trainer release, and then on top of that, GS releases of two original colorways.. It's like the odds of it making sense in ANY lifetime is astronomical. Yet here we are with that reality.. Then somehow when the real deal actually releases, it HAS to be limited. Most people don't even know about the auto trainer mess. So they might as well start fresh here. I wouldn't hold it against them
laugh.gif

In some other weird, Counterkicks has a new listing from friday for the SC II:
http://counterkicks.com/2011/05/20/nike-air-trainer-sc-ii-whitedark-grey/

But it's showing the citron colorway. It also lists a very specific release date. Could there just be some confusion here or maybe we are looking at the og teal/limes and the sample photo is wrong.. Nothing makes sense with trainers and Nike, so I tend to question and extrapolate the smallest things into huge blown out hypothesis's

I'm guessing they just actually released them a month or two early and this is old news regarding the shoe we are alread seeing.

More photos of the club purple pair: via JimmyJazz
443575101_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_21.jpg

443575101_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_22.jpg

443575101_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_23.jpg

443575101_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_24.jpg

More @ http://sneakerjunkiesusa.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1666

Definitely getting closer to a WOW factor. I think the white/grey/black OG colorway releasing this July may be a pair I pick up a few on (pending a QS release of course).

For now each one has alittle bit too much color for my liking. Give me a purple pair but make the strap and swoosh black or grey. They always overdo it even to the smallest degree

feels likes a womens cw to me. now only if they add the keychains...to og retro cw...

I see the Purples and think "those might be worth it just to hold me over until the OGs"...

Then I see Bun in the Infs again. I think I'll just wait, ha.

Those things are looking downright amazing man..

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Definitely getting closer to a WOW factor. I think the white/grey/black OG colorway releasing this July may be a pair I pick up a few on (pending a QS release of course).

For now each one has alittle bit too much color for my liking. Give me a purple pair but make the strap and swoosh black or grey. They always overdo it even to the smallest degree
The straps come off right?  I would just interchange them with the black straps from another pair.

WallyHopp,

You make it sound like I'm a uneducated mall customer.  I've been a loyal Nike wearer since 1988 and have been waiting for this shoe since the 90s to come out.  I always wanted them when i was a kid but my parents couldn't afford them.  I'm well aware of the history and significance of this shoe, beautiful design.

At this point in my life, minor shoe details in a retro arent a big deal to me, 5 years ago maybe.  I've got a job, gf, mortgage, home projects, 401k, etc... to keep me occupied.  Minor shoe details like color changes or material differences arent even on my radar.  Boys grow into men, priorities change.

Nike knows what they're doing.  Just because they release a retro shoe doesn't mean they have to release the original colorways.  If you don't like it, dont buy it, keep moving, sneakers should be fun, not an obsession.

DA HEN

At this point in my life, minor shoe details in a retro arent a big deal to me, 5 years ago maybe.  I've got a job, gf, mortgage, home projects, 401k, etc... to keep me occupied.  Minor shoe details like color changes or material differences arent even on my radar.  Boys grow into men, priorities change.

Nike knows what they're doing.  Just because they release a retro shoe doesn't mean they have to release the original colorways.  If you don't like it, dont buy it, keep moving, sneakers should be fun, not an obsession.

DA HEN

Although I feel Wally so much on what he says, when it comes down to it, the quote above is what it comes down to. At this point we know we're never going to get exact retros, or as good quality shoes as were once available. It is what it is.

Da Hen

You say your opinion may have been different 5 years ago and you must realize
you were still older than most people on NT 5 years ago, and therefore can see that
other people can feel differently right now (whether they are 15 & single or 25 raising a family with
children of their own.) You feel you have grown some, that is good for you.

i'm your age and i disagree about wanting original colorways (though i am not entitled to them)
never liked anything retro+, never will
without this site, I may not have even heard of an ATSCII retro...

unedited version

WallyHopp,

You make it sound like I'm a uneducated mall customer.  I've been a loyal Nike wearer since 1988 and have been waiting for this shoe since the 90s to come out.  I always wanted them when i was a kid but my parents couldn't afford them.  I'm well aware of the history and significance of this shoe, beautiful design.

DA HEN
Youve got many years on me.
Shoes should definitely be fun. I tend to look at stuff like the GS auto trainer and get annoyed. Almost to the point where I would rather just wear some 99 cent flip flops on a hot summer day. It's definitely not as serious as how I tend to post. youd be surprised at how mellow and open minded I am. People may like the transformers AT III or supreme trainers from 2007. I let them be. I have no true judgements in that regard. If you like any type of trainer ,new or old, limited or not, you are good in my book. I haven't bought new stuff in months. I am truly on a "don't like it, don't buy it" memo. I guess my prescence here would lend to me being obsessed about these.  I mourned for a day, and let go.

I understand getting caught up in real life events, then when you do get some free time, you get that chance to buy, own, or check these and out they are "good enough". Time is precise.. Nothing wrong with that mindset. I own many non trainers that "purists" would AVOID, yet I think just finely of those. I just tend to take it just a couple feet beyond that. If a child's auto trainer could get a GR og colorway, why not these? Even if you worked 100 hours a week and had almost no time for this petty back and forth discussion, one should still appreciate the questions being asked in this regard. It's the smallest of what ifs and that may be a downfall of mine. It seems simple enough but I guess it isn't.

I get what you are saying about minor shoe details. It gives just enough to bring back those memories. For me, I dont remember any of that. I'm new school in that regard. 2005 to be exact. But I just see all of these original colorways and SEE how they brought the best out of those models, and I want that. I see other similar products like the auto trainer getting it, and just expect and hope for it to be on this model. I'm definitely not sitting here bitter 24/7 on a OCD complex complaining... The citrons are mine within the next month if I dont get word on the QS releases.

I guess its a weird mindset to have on my end. I'll buy and embrace something, but at the same time, expect BETTER. One doesn't need to have a whole lot of spare time to understand that. It's like I could hate something because of what it represents and how it went down (auto trainer gs colorways happen and that should infuriate everyone). But at the end of the day the citrons and white black greys are still on my radar. Being visibly upset but still understanding the reality of Nike retro is not easily represented in text form on here. I don't lose sleep over any of this. Is that hypocrisy? I buy, consume, yet still judge.

My mall comment was more about the true average joes without "sneaker website" access . They may not even recognize the citron pair or the others. I see it in the gym every day where I live. These people want what they remember but arent willing to go too far out of their way to get it. You seem well informed about Nike Retro and realize that this is the best we may get. That's a positive. Other average joes out there may be waiting or just not give this release any time.. OG colorway GRs are very important from a standard consumer perspective. You've got to cover all your bases as Nike.

There are many other things in life where you just say, "ehhh.. Good enough. I don't have the time to deal with any of that". For me, it may be that one small niche, nike cross trainers, where I'll take a few minutes out of my day to state my opinion, and then later on, hope for that same shoe to be on sale so I can finally pick them up. I spent a month away from my house last summer, with just a few pairs of shoes. That really got me thinking about many of the shoes I didnt miss or what owning a couple dozen shoes really meant (NOTHING). I was living in the moment, exhausted from the days events, and likely would have picked up any sort of close enough trainer retro if they had released at that time. It has nothing to do with age. But just a mindset. I have messaged many different people on here over the years of all ages, and the consesus is clear, Nike training is lacking in old school trainers. It could be the mindset you are in but we can just agree to disagree,

At the end of the day, I definitely keep it moving but don't mind throwing out my opinion
---------------------

bknowbles, nice look at the infrareds again. I wonder if he's creating a buzz where ever he goes with those.. Classic simple fit too. Many trainer fans been doing that for years now. Just enough color in the shoe to regulate what shirt to wear. Simple summer look with the tan cargo shorts.

Originally Posted by El Bro

The straps come off right?  I would just interchange them with the black straps from another pair.
Not a bad idea.  Maybe even the strap from the citron pair.

I am probably going to grab the citron pair if I can get 'em for 60-70 from my local spot and just beat the  &%^# outta them.

That should "hold me over" until the infaredish ones drop.  Which they will.  Guaranteed
grin.gif

Wally.  It's clear to me you "care", but are not overly obsessed with this stuff.  I would say most NT'ers that seem "obsessed" are more than likely passionate about whatever sneakers they dig, and at the end of the day, have far more going on than it seems here in this little microcosm.

I have kids, wife, home, business, and activities too numerous to count, but at the end of the day, sneakers are a "healthy/relatively speaking" diversion for me.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

More photos of the club purple pair: via JimmyJazz

443575101_white_nike_nike_trainer_sc_24.jpg

Man a purple tongue and black strap and I woulda been in LOVE.

When I was scrolling down and saw the pictures, that's what I was thinking. The way they are now just doesn't look right.

WallyHopp,

DA HEN
I'm sorry, I can't co-sign this at all.  Your right Nike doesn't have to release the original color ways, theres no law that says they do.  But changing the color, and poor color blocking is not a "minor" detail its a major detail.   The OG color ways were very well thought out and they work.  Its like saying well so what they left the neon green off the air max 95 and just made it gold.  Color is VERY significant to the shoe.  Like i stated earlier I'm not going to nit pick about the materials or something is 1/8 of an inch off, but not releasing the original color ways for this release, but releasing them as a hybrid is just plain dumb.  I like the choices of colors for the retros but the color blocking is very poor and honestly if we were wrong, these things would be selling better than they are.  Cool, you have a gf, mortgage, home projects 401k to keep you occupied thats fine, but you do understand your on a website mainly dedicated to sneakers? Also, I don't see the fun in waiting 22 years for a shoe u love as a kid only to see it come out in a bastardized form.   I'm not saying its life or death but this is what we love, its the same thing with cars, video games etc.  as a brand you should understand that market, you should be very well aware of what people want.  Once again, I'm not saying these color ways are completely horrific, but personally if I don't have the OG color ways it makes me LESS inclined to want to own new ones.

Back
Top Bottom