Filipino Culture Thread

Filipino restaurants in general are extremely expensive especially considering the portion sizes

Yeah, can’t even disagree there. My twins turned two last weekend and I had a small get together of some friends and fam at my crib and all this food catered below was damn near $350:lol: That tray of sisig was $100 alone. Good thing my mom and tita made Pancit, Palabok, Filipino Spaghetti and the desserts.

42722358-CA0B-49F8-AB0B-99264A22D474.jpeg

Yeah, can’t even disagree there. My twins turned two last weekend and I had a small get together of some friends and fam at my crib and all this food catered below was damn near $350:lol: That tray of sisig was $100 alone. Good thing my mom and tita made Pancit, Palabok, Filipino Spaghetti and the desserts.

Mama Fina's Sisig and Barbecue Pit Lechon? Fuego :nthat::nthat::nthat:

But word Jollibee overrated and overpriced. It's good but Popeyes over Jollibee all day.

im hoping my pops makes lumpia shanghai for christmas... dont care for the other lumpia that you dip in vinegar

Thread making me hungry. I had jollibee the other day. **** was always way over priced. Like y’all said in here Filipino food expensive to buy when eating out. Big reason it struggles to expand its reach

Filipino restaurants in the states and Canada are mostly rip offs.

- overpriced
- not much meat
- ingredients used is cheap

I'd rather go to my parents house for Filipino food than eat out.

I was having beef bulalo at this resto in Van with buddies because they recommended it. It seemed like low class maid/driver province peasant Filipino food. Like I was in an outreach program. I wouldnt have minded this if the price was cheap. Nope. Expensive as heck for the food.

On the other side of things, I was at Edsa Shang back in the PI last year. Had dinner with cousins there - supposedly it was all you can eat Wagyu night. E.g. Wagyu on Kare Kare, Bulalo, Sinigang.

I left kinda disappointed because the beef didnt seem Wagyu. It seemed like cheap beef was used and chewy. Kinda sucks because these AYCE hotel restos (Spiral in Philippine Plaza, the buffets at Makati Shang) are some of the best buffets ever.

I swear, the number 1 reason family members turn on each other in the philippines is when it comes time to divvy up lolo and lola's real estate.
my wifes fam going through the same thing
her cousins and stuff
not her and her brother
but her mom and dad have land in the phillipines
it goes to my wife after they pass
nice plot of land too
but yo as a black dude
i be cracking up
when im around they fam
cause its just like black families
yall wouldnt believe how many things yall have in common with us

I agree with E everysingletime , half white & filipino is that winning recipe.

Looks like I gotta get my daughters into these pageants:lol:

I'm kinda perplexed how some Filipinos and other Asians are hating on her for being half white.

E.g. She is too "white" looking. Doesn't count.

Ummm no. She is a Filipina beauty. Period. Her beauty is no different than the pretty female actresses in the PI. You dont see folks going Halle Berry or Vanessa Williams is too white looking. Then I see the naysayers' profiles, yup, they ugly thats why.

Once you got Filipino on you, you're Filipino.

Next one holla at me
My mother in law caters

08DB3351-6707-4F64-850B-4F887045C95F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom