FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Originally Posted by Kaimel Rule

hes one of the greats though
Just like Adriano and Ronaldo.

The best soccer players in Brazil, but then these Ninjas get fat and dont work hard anymore
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Turn that frown, upside down! The US is winning
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

JK I know how you feel. Well, not really.

yeah, Pato and Alves will likely be subbed in for the second half...

On a sidenote, with the US' success in their Confed cup campaign, I wonder how many will consider them to be 'contenders' for next year's WorldCup?

USA baby! Good showing in the first half. All of the pro soccer analysts here... thoughts on the 1st half?

Great first half for the U.S. as far as taking advantage of their opportunities and defending well collectively. Although toward the end we were fortunate LuisFabiano didn't connect on that cross.

Let's keep it up USA!!

i'm stunned by usa team. if brazils wont score early in the second half their chances of winning this game are minimal.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

On a sidenote, with the US' success in their Confed cup campaign, I wonder how many will consider them to be 'contenders' for next year's World Cup?
I find it ridiculous that anyone would go that far.

US been playing real soccer these last 2 games. I hope this becomes habit for them to not slow up after taking a lead like they usually do. Lets just hope theystay aggressive next half. Tim Howard's doing a hell of a job in the box to.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by SinnerP

On a sidenote, with the US' success in their Confed cup campaign, I wonder how many will consider them to be 'contenders' for next year's World Cup?
I find it ridiculous that anyone would go that far.

I know it sounds ridiculous, and for the record, I'm not one of them, but I'm sure there will be 'analysts' out there that think this is a'turning point' in football in America... to them, all they will see is that they beat Spain and (possibly) Brazil...

The thing is, which is the 'real' Team USA? the team in the first 2 group-stage matches or the team that beat Spain and are beating Brazil?

Robinho is brasil's biggest threat with his dribbling, passing, and left or right footed precise shots. He almost caught howard on that left footed shot hetook.

Brasil went into the half on a relatively good note considering they were starting to string some passes together. The U.S. has to continue to chase andpressure Brasil when they're with the ball. That way they'll commit bad passes as they were doing throughout the majority of the first half.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

USA
pimp.gif

but Brazil had its chances... Tim Howard
eek.gif
Ya our defense is especially good on the with Spector. They have taken Robinho out of the game so far.
Glad Landon got a goal because he's under the radar now.

Back
Top Bottom