FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Brazil should take this fairly easily. They've been playing really well in qualifiers... Spain vs. Brazil final. That game will be intense.

Rossi probably going to score against the US
laugh.gif

awesome that ESPN is carrying all the games live, i'll be tuned in!

rothypejc wrote:
Biggest problem with the US in my opinion is that Bob Bradley doesn't have what it takes to take the team to the next level tactically. The US needs a South American or Euro coach in there but USSF is afraid of coaches who want a lot of control. Maybe they will bring in someone after the World Cup but I'm not holding my breath.

That is the problem right there. They want to stay in control, yet their track record has proven that they aren't adequately experienced todevelop players who can succeed at the global/Cup level. Klinsmann would have been a GREAT choice, but they claimed he was too Hollywood and demanding toomuch say and control in the development of the younger U.S. players going through the junior circuits.

It make me sick to my stomach to see National Teams with 1/10th of our budget and resources doing big things, yet we are stuck in mediocrity.

And people wonder why players like Rossi are giving us the finger and not even giving our National team a chance. I hate to sound overly negative, but untilthe brain trust that runs US Soccer decides to fall back and stop hiring these puppet no name coaches, and hire a real coach; this will continue to repeatit's self.

I don't know much about soccer, but do like watching stuff that relates to the World Cup.

Quick question, whatever happened to Ronaldo haha, does that guy even play anymore or is he too old.

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

I don't know much about soccer, but do like watching stuff that relates to the World Cup.

Quick question, whatever happened to Ronaldo haha, does that guy even play anymore or is he too old.

hes at his crib eating donuts.

^^^Actually Marion, Ronaldo just won the Paulista championship with Corinthians. He also score the most goals in the league this season. I heard he might playone more year in Brasil, then try to make a club in Europe next year.

So Iraq and South Africa played to a 0-0 tie? That's lame.... hopefully this next game coming on (ESPN2 for those who don't know already) will providemore excitement.

damn. how the hell do you leave FT all allow with a free shot like that ?
laugh.gif

poor D on NZ side

Torres is having a goal fest! They are surely the best team in the world at the moment.

Wow, crazy start by Spain. This might look like a baseball score when it is done.

Back
Top Bottom