Federer passed the GOAT Pete this sunday, updated with new pics of 2010 tennis shoes and RF exclusiv

I think it would be awesome to watch the two battle at their primes. Different styles of play too.

I cant believe you guys seriously consider Sampras in his prime could beat Federer in his prime. Federer, in his prime, is unbeatable/unbreakable, etc. Hehad no weakness. Not only does his forehand certainly compete with Petes, but his backhand is far superior to Petes. His drop shots, his speed, his movement onthe court were superior to Pete's. At his peak, his serve was close enough to Pete's. Other than the slight edge on forehands, and the edge on serves,Federer outshines Pete in every category.

I loved Pete in the late 90s, early 00s, but there is no way that a prime Federer would lose to a prime Sampras.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

gonna get a pair of the vapors,

and for those who haven't seen the ballistic 2.3 for next year, they have some agassi influence to them...sooooo hot

and fed will rock these in '10

credit goes to the boards at tenniswarehouse

notice that lunarlite finally makes it's way to a men's tennis shoe. perhaps worried about it not bottoming out...

also here is a version of vapors made just for roger and his friends. supposedly similiar to a colorway we will see in the winter during the masters cup. all pics thanks to babolast over at tennis warehouse
Thanks Prostaff for the pics... we can always count on Babolast for new catalogue pics... the 2.3's look ok, but a little too similar to theATC3's for my liking... I like the ATC3's, but I was expecting a new design for the 2.3's... The Vapor 7's look so-so IMO. Fed's F&FVapor 6's are nice...

Prostaffer ~ so I take it you play tennis? and I'm guessing you use the Pro-Staff (Original perhaps)?

some good discussion here guys. imo, federer's 21 straight semifinals and run of straight grand slam finals are just ridiculous. it's like theconsecutive game hits streak in baseball- no one will come close. and he'll be a major force for the next few years as well. quick question- was it onlyone loss to djokovic that broke his run of gs finals? i think i recall him only losing in that one gs semi, then making it to the next final.

anyhow, i want some RF gear! c'mon nike... with all that you've been showing off with RF, you've gotta release some of it. and without ridiculouspricepoints, please.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

gonna get a pair of the vapors,

and for those who haven't seen the ballistic 2.3 for next year, they have some agassi influence to them...sooooo hot

and fed will rock these in '10

credit goes to the boards at tenniswarehouse

notice that lunarlite finally makes it's way to a men's tennis shoe. perhaps worried about it not bottoming out...

also here is a version of vapors made just for roger and his friends. supposedly similiar to a colorway we will see in the winter during the masters cup. all pics thanks to babolast over at tennis warehouse
Thanks Prostaff for the pics... we can always count on Babolast for new catalogue pics... the 2.3's look ok, but a little too similar to the ATC3's for my liking... I like the ATC3's, but I was expecting a new design for the 2.3's... The Vapor 7's look so-so IMO. Fed's F&F Vapor 6's are nice...

Prostaffer ~ so I take it you play tennis? and I'm guessing you use the Pro-Staff (Original perhaps)?
I play vantage actually, a custom racquet. I was sponsored by them and love my stick. I used to do play testing for wilson and when i lost my SNin the ezboard switch i just decided on my tennis warehouse name so i could keep it all streamlined...lol.

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

I feel sorry for Roddick...he should've won

QFT

and anyone watching knows this. He choked that second set away. Even worse than '04 when he had fed on the ropes and the rain came. He never recovered. Ifanything this final shows how tough Pete would've been against Fed.

Andy's second serve is as good as his first, just like Pete. Throw in the fact that Pete had a much better backhand and volley's than Andy and you seejust how even the matchup is. I agree Fed is a better all rounder, but i only think it seems that way because Pete's weapons were so huge. As good asFederer is at placing volleys, Pete was that much better at finishing them.

And yes, I agree, RF much better style than Pete. You fly 13 hours to see someone break your record and you can't get a decent suit that fits? C'monPete...

For the dude that says Rafa has yet to prove anything on the hard courts after Wimbledon, Rafa beat Federer in 5 sets in the Australian Open final. That to meis proving something. I just hope Rafa can rebound from his injuries and continue the run he had.

And stop with the Federer > Sampras or Sampras > Federer in their primes. In all honestly, its tough to say who would win if they played.

To the topic at hand, I've been waiting for some Vapor VI's to hit the outlets. I've only seen Vapor Vs, and even then they aren't my size. Onthe real, for the tennis players of NT, you might wanna give some Adidas Barricade IIs a shot.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

For the dude that says Rafa has yet to prove anything on the hard courts after Wimbledon, Rafa beat Federer in 5 sets in the Australian Open final. That to me is proving something. I just hope Rafa can rebound from his injuries and continue the run he had.

And stop with the Federer > Sampras or Sampras > Federer in their primes. In all honestly, its tough to say who would win if they played.

To the topic at hand, I've been waiting for some Vapor VI's to hit the outlets. I've only seen Vapor Vs, and even then they aren't my size. On the real, for the tennis players of NT, you might wanna give some Adidas Barricade IIs a shot.

used to play in the fours. They are nice i still prefer vapor and mile outlets suck hard with tennis. Only aught a deal in california

federer_360_585424a.jpg

I need that jacket....asap...

Originally Posted by CartersShoxRNice

I cant believe you guys seriously consider Sampras in his prime could beat Federer in his prime. Federer, in his prime, is unbeatable/unbreakable, etc. He had no weakness. Not only does his forehand certainly compete with Petes, but his backhand is far superior to Petes. His drop shots, his speed, his movement on the court were superior to Pete's. At his peak, his serve was close enough to Pete's. Other than the slight edge on forehands, and the edge on serves, Federer outshines Pete in every category.

I loved Pete in the late 90s, early 00s, but there is no way that a prime Federer would lose to a prime Sampras.

Seconded.

Roger's game is SO MUCH MORE complete that Sampras's ever was. Tell me how many times Pete even got to the semi-finals in Paris. I'll wait.

Rafa has owned Roger, it's true. But that doesn't mean Roger isn't the best complete tennis player of all time. It just means Roger has a bad timematching up against him specifically. If Rafa wins a dozen more tournaments and stays at number 1 for like half a decade, then he can join the conversation.Right now, it's Roger, and then a bunch of other guys.

rafa has the better shoes at least. Federer has trouble with all that spin that kicks up high to his backhand. Plus rafa has the advantage of age... It's atough call. I start to lean towards the argument that u can only name the best of a generation

^Rafa might be younger, but the dude has suffered some major wear and tear in a short period of time.

Originally Posted by five30

^Rafa might be younger, but the dude has suffered some major wear and tear in a short period of time.

yea but one thing in his favor is he can still improve his serve. Even agassi improved his serve towards the end. Although some will say it was stringtechnology

^ Poly has made a huge difference in the professional game and guys like Agassi and Henman have admitted to it... I'm very curious as to how their careersmight have been different had they had poly strings back then.

There's also the issue of slower courts nowadays... for sure, the grass courts at Wimbledon was 'slowed down' in 2001, which hurt the serve 'nvolleyers and benefitted the baseliners. Its a shame cuz we don't see pure serve n volleyers anymore... Just look at the grass-wear pattern on the courtsthis year at Wimbledon... all the grass around the baseline was gone after the first week. For what its worth, I think it did affect Pete's game a bit atWimbledon...

We're moving dangerously close to having this thread belong to the Sport Forum... my appologies.

i agree its past that unless we argue who had the best shoe lines which then it must be agassi rafa fed pete. I also want to see something special for fed. Ashirt or even if the remaining colorways this year had a 15... On them or something

I'd rock feds and rafas they both look great but what I'd really like is that jacket he wore at Wimbledon for the semis and finals anyone have a pic??And do they sell that jacket

cool stuff...but $40 for a hat and $50 for a #!!@? that is gouging. now i want fed to make it 16 in amonth so we can get these for 30. lol still above retailfor normal shirts...wth?!

Originally Posted by Intrigant

where i could get that black shirt?

looks like i spoke too soon,

if you go to nike.com NDC, they have it for only 30. the other sites have it for 50. hope that helps!

btw, the site wouldn't load the tennis section so i just put federer in the search and it came up.

Back
Top Bottom