Fasting for 30 days. Will my weight increase or decrease.

Fasting from sunrise to sunset. Going to be eating 1 small meal upon breaking fast and drinking lots of water. What will happen to my weight.

Depends what the small meal is.
grin.gif

fasting is so much harder than it sounds. I did that stuff for 5 days and was about to die

There is nothing wrong with asking people on a board about my fasting. It does not coincide with the true virtue of why I am doing it. I am doing it in a piusmanner but I have general questions. And yes, you do eat food. We fast from sunrise to sunset and from that point on you are able to eat as much as you wantuntil the sun rises once again.

Is this your first year fasting? How long have you been a part of the Muslim faith?

I've always wondered how this worked out. Not sure if you have to wait until a certain age or what.

Originally Posted by The Harlem Shake

There is nothing wrong with asking people on a board about my fasting. It does not coincide with the true virtue of why I am doing it. I am doing it in a pius manner but I have general questions. And yes, you do eat food. We fast from sunrise to sunset and from that point on you are able to eat as much as you want until the sun rises once again.
well if you eat a whole lot during that time...you really wont loose much weight now...will you...but im pretty sure fasting isnt for loosingweight anyways right?

I've been fasting my whole life since about 7 years old. Never really noticed my weight change. I have always been the skinny type so it did not affect me.I am now a bit overweight and I eat a lot so it will be different. And no I am NOT fasting to lose weight. lol If you guys just answer the question posted itwill help. I am fasting religiously but am just curious as to how you think my weight will go. Last year I gained mad weight but I ate huge portions. I know mystomach gets smaller while fasting so I shouldn't eat a lot. I will eat small portions.

caloric intake - caloric expenditure.

since you're only eating one meal, im guessing your caloric expenditure will be greater than your intake. this means you will lose weight.

enjoy that one meal bro. I wont say i wouldn't be able to do it, but it would be SO hard for me to do since i love food. I did it once for 30 hour famineat my church... if you're doing it, then pray and stuff too- dont forget the reason for your actions.

good luck. haha, and that's sincere.

Most people dont lose weight during Ramadan, you know because of the huge portions they eat during iftaar. But if you're trying to control your portionsize after fasting the whole day, of course you'll lose weight it's a no brainer. I'm planning on losing weight during fasting too. Break it with asmall meal, hit the gym, then a bigger dinner but still healthy.

^ Nothing like going home to a huge iftaar prepared by my mom. Start with a Tamer, then Adas Soup, then a traditional Palestinian plate with koubi. Chai andhareesa after. mm mmm mmmmm

I'm pretty sure fasting results in the loss of brain mass since your brain needs a certain amount of fat to function in a day

Back
Top Bottom