Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...urious-7-double-time-walker-article-1.1728704

SHOOTING HAS NOW RESUMED for “Fast & Furious 7,” and Confidenti@l has learned exactly how Paul Walker will remain in the film.
“They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul’s physique and they will be used for movement and as a base,” one source close to production tells us. “Paul’s face and voice will be used on top using CGI.”

If done right I'd much rather see this then to just have a look alike fill in the void.

Damn I guess they know best what to do since only they have the plot and script

Still seems surreal Paul is gone; right I should be watching the trailer for the 177429 time

the trailer has been screened for insiders; I assume this was the trailer that was going to debut during the Super bowl:

— "Fast & Furious 7," directed James Wan and starring Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez and Tyrese Gibson. We may not have a hard and fast answer for how the studio will finish the film since Walker died before production concluded, but those scenes he was able to shoot definitely find their way into the seventh installment of the franchise. In the trailer, Walker, along with his crew of fierce drivers, stun viewers with a stunt involving driving cars out of a helicopter and safely landing with the help of parachutes. Flashy fight scenes and plenty of bare skin are once again on display. The seventh installment is scheduled to hit theaters on April 10, 2015.

It'll be interesting to see how they work this out.

I was just watching Running Scared yesterday for like the 100th time. I always wanted to see Paul Walker do more roles like that. That movie really showed how talented dude was.

A Note to the Fans of FAST & FURIOUS
The FAST & FURIOUS saga is about family. The characters are connected by the bond of family, and it is how all of us who have worked together for more than thirteen years feel about each other. It certainly defines how we feel about our fans.

Our family experienced an unthinkable shock in November. We had to take time to grieve Paul, the brother we love and lost, and to figure out if we should move on with our film.

We came together and all felt the only choice was to continue. We believe our fans want that, and we believe Paul would want that too. Paul had already shot his dramatic scenes and most of his action for FAST & FURIOUS 7, and it’s among the strongest work of his career.

We have resumed shooting and now welcome Paul’s brothers, Caleb and Cody, into our FAST family. Caleb and Cody are helping us complete some remaining action for their brother and fill in small gaps left in production. Having them on set has made us all feel that Paul is with us too.

We are just under a year away from the release of FAST & FURIOUS 7, and this film is the most important we’ve ever done together. It will allow the character of Brian O’Conner to live on and let us celebrate Paul in his most defining role.

We wanted to take a moment to speak to our fans directly and thank you for the love and support you always show us as we resume our work

View media item 919769
View media item 919770
It'll be weird.. but it would always be weird regardless so at least they're using his brothers. If it's mostly action scenes, some stand-in shots, and a few lines of dialogue here or there, it won't be too bad. Using his brothers definitely reinforces the family aspect of the series and how close the cast and crew became over the years.

Last edited:
Many people were against the use of CGI'ing Paul's face but hell, technology has come a long way... This entire commercial is CGI....

They're slowly leaving the uncanny valley with stuff like this, but things do still seem off..

It's likely a cost issue. The movie already had a high budget, then it got delayed, then adding CGI on top of that? Technology has come a long way, but I'd guess it was an issue of money and what footage they already had. Probably cheaper and easier to reshoot some scenes, use his brothers, rewrite some dialogue and give lines to other actors, etc.

Man i love paul walker so much

Dude really was amazing man. I took for granted his role in this movies and others he done. Just seemed like a great guy in general too.

But def seeing this opening night. I have a feeling this is going to break $billion box office mark. If fast 6 did 700 mill I can see this def topping it

Since most of the movie was shot with Paul it's just going to be weird to have someone else play him is certain scenes. Even if it is his own brother. It's just not going to work for me. I would've much rather preferred them CGI'ing his face on someone with the same body frame to complete this movie.

They are CGIing, the brothers are more to help enhance the look. Side angles, back angles, long distance, etc.

It will never be "their" face on screen, it will be Paul's.

I like it. Retire him is better than killing him off which would not have made any of us comfortable.

Question is, does that force Mia to leave the franchise too, or can she still appear in 8-9 if she wants?

Props to the Fast crew. They really are going about this in the best possible way. Not killing off Brian, bringing his brothers on, (who actually really look look like him) respect.

Back
Top Bottom