Family Matters was the corniest show ever

Fresh Prince haters need to understand that the show never took itself seriously. They used to make jokes mocking the show all the time. That's why it was great. For instance, the episode where Will walks in the living room and says "hey Uncle Phil, if we so rich, how come we can't afford no ceiling?" (camera pans up to stage lights). Also, the cabin episode where Will gets tied up and Carlton just runs through the entire set and audience.

That's why that show was great. They just didn't care. It was almost mocking sitcoms, yet still recognized the spirit of it all.

Fresh Prince haters need to understand that the show never took itself seriously. They used to make jokes mocking the show all the time. That's why it was great. For instance, the episode where Will walks in the living room and says "hey Uncle Phil, if we so rich, how come we can't afford no ceiling?" (camera pans up to stage lights). Also, the cabin episode where Will gets tied up and Carlton just runs through the entire set and audience.

That's why that show was great. They just didn't care. It was almost mocking sitcoms, yet still recognized the spirit of it all.

i hated the grandma.

but then again, i think i hate all old people that they try to pass off as funny on tv.

im looking at you betty white.

i hated the grandma.

but then again, i think i hate all old people that they try to pass off as funny on tv.

im looking at you betty white.

And the reason these shows are corny now is because you saw them when you were 8 years old. There's a reason my parents used to tell me that stuff was dumb...because it was. At the time, it was the greatest thing ever. you get older and realize it's nothing special.

And the reason these shows are corny now is because you saw them when you were 8 years old. There's a reason my parents used to tell me that stuff was dumb...because it was. At the time, it was the greatest thing ever. you get older and realize it's nothing special.

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i work with a white guy by the name of Craig an he thinks Seinfield isnt even funny

i told him youre the first white person i ever met who doesnt like that show

Yea, Seinfield was SUPER corny. I watched 2 total episodes and was like
kanye-lebron-2.jpg%3CA%20href=
/s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/extra76/Walker/XXl/girls/GIF%20For%20NT/?action=view&current=25zo6x2jpg.gif">" alt="image">  

Fresh Prince was cool though, especially the latter episodes 

Seinfeld is and remains the best and funniest sitcom by popular agreement, you cats must have neither eyes nor ears for comedy if you disagree, Larry David is a genius

How can you sit there and say Seinfeld was lame? Best show ever, and the more you watch it the funnier it gets. And the person that said Fresh prince was lame and corny just get outta here Im sorry

Originally Posted by sneakaholic4life

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i work with a white guy by the name of Craig an he thinks Seinfield isnt even funny

i told him youre the first white person i ever met who doesnt like that show

Yea, Seinfield was SUPER corny. I watched 2 total episodes and was like
kanye-lebron-2.jpg%3CA%20href=
/s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll57/extra76/Walker/XXl/girls/GIF%20For%20NT/?action=view&current=25zo6x2jpg.gif">" alt="image">  

Fresh Prince was cool though, especially the latter episodes 

Seinfeld is and remains the best and funniest sitcom by popular agreement, you cats must have neither eyes nor ears for comedy if you disagree, Larry David is a genius

How can you sit there and say Seinfeld was lame? Best show ever, and the more you watch it the funnier it gets. And the person that said Fresh prince was lame and corny just get outta here Im sorry

Originally Posted by yeerp

Rudemiester wrote:
Seinfeld and Martin are timeless though.. 

same show, btw

laugh.gif
 you sir have the unbiased comedy gene also.  most people will never realize what you just said because they only like one type of comedy.  

Martin - main character is an entertainer, has a group of 4-5 friends, they all meet at his apt., they get into funny situations
Seinfeld- main character is an entertainer, has a group of 4-5 friends, they all meet at his apt., they get into funny situations

Rudemiester wrote:

same show, btw

laugh.gif
 you sir have the unbiased comedy gene also.  most people will never realize what you just said because they only like one type of comedy.  

Martin - main character is an entertainer, has a group of 4-5 friends, they all meet at his apt., they get into funny situations
Seinfeld- main character is an entertainer, has a group of 4-5 friends, they all meet at his apt., they get into funny situations

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Rudemiester wrote:

same show, btw

laugh.gif

i'm not even a Seinfeld fan and am laughing at this comparison.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Rudemiester wrote:

same show, btw

laugh.gif

i'm not even a Seinfeld fan and am laughing at this comparison.

ye..can't watch a show from the past and expect to get the same feeling. It is one of those shows that was just on tv, and you'd come home at 5, or wtv hour and it'd be on and you'd catch an episode of it over some mom's grilled cheese sammies and milk. Show was super entertaining and you always pulled for Urkel a bit etc. Of course it was mad emotional, but so was Full House, Step by Step, Boy Meets World...etc and all are classics in their own right. The show's of today have a completely different feel. Those shows are the epitome of the 90's, comedy for the dinner table. Today's shows are comedy for the individual, without family ties or expectations.

ye..can't watch a show from the past and expect to get the same feeling. It is one of those shows that was just on tv, and you'd come home at 5, or wtv hour and it'd be on and you'd catch an episode of it over some mom's grilled cheese sammies and milk. Show was super entertaining and you always pulled for Urkel a bit etc. Of course it was mad emotional, but so was Full House, Step by Step, Boy Meets World...etc and all are classics in their own right. The show's of today have a completely different feel. Those shows are the epitome of the 90's, comedy for the dinner table. Today's shows are comedy for the individual, without family ties or expectations.

Back
Top Bottom