Fakes Ruined The Brand

YEAH I THOUGHT THE DMP 2 WOULD BE KINDA HARD TO GET BUT I GOT TO THE STORE & THERE WERE ONLY 7-10 PPL IN FRONT OF ME 1/2 BEFORE THE MALL OPENED..IT WAS AEASY COP BUT AS FAR AS SAYING FAKES DID THIS TO THE BRAND WOULD BE FALSE JB DID THIS TO THEMSELVES DRAINIG THEIR CUSTOMERS W/ 7OR 8 RELEASES A WEEK I REMEMBERWHEN IT WAS 7-10 IN A YEAR NOT A WEEK IT'S JUST PLAIN OVERSATURATION TO MAKE IT SIMPLE

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by raptors29

I've noticed that fakes have slowed down in the South.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Boiii Stop.

They upgraded to 6 Ring Fusions
laugh.gif

IN CHI 6 RING FUSIONS XI'S W/23 PRINT ALONG WITH XIII'S & XII'S... OBAMA SIX RINGS & XI'S... FUSION VIII'S HAVE BEEN IN THE CHISINCE THE FIRST FUSION & JB IS JUST GETTING AROUND TO RELEASING THEM(XII'S)... XXI'S W GRAFITTI ON THE SIDES... I ACTUALLY SAW THOSE 1'SSOMEONE POSTED A FEW DAYS AGO W/MJ & MICHAEL JACKSON & A MICHAEL JACKSON IMAGE INSTEAD OF THE JUMPMAN ON THE BACK... & OF COURSE FAKE III'SGALORE IN EVERY COLOR IMAGINABLE

^ hahahaha...but i live in portland, and we have the nike employee store, so not that many people rock fakes around here. but there are the idiots that thinktheyre sneakerheads and go out and buy fakes and try to show em off...theres a good bunch of those people here too.

Fakes did not "RUIN THE BRAND".

I really hate when people make this statement, like they're such die hard sneakerheads and it's such a shame when they see people in fakes.

GET OVER IT!

People cannot always afford A-Grade material. Some people are ignorant. Some people may actually believe that what they have is a "1 0f 1"

Not everyone is as knowledgeable about sneakers, fashion, etc. We only make up a small percentage of the nation.

JB RUINED themselves!

I remember when TEAM J's were actually decent. I remember when the release of the newest signature shoes actually meant something! I remember a timebefore fusions and wack retro + colorways.

I remember when the QUALITY of an Air Jordan was inspired by the greatest player to play the game, not by the person who casually wears them....

I remember when a retro was faithful.

With current Retro's, JB either does too little (all black, all white colorways
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
) or too much (Too many colors, too many inspirations).

The downfall started circa 2004-05. In my eyes, JB's final leg was the release of the CDP's. JB as we know it is dead(at least in my eyes).

They did it to themselves. FAKES DID NOT RUIN THE BRAND

Originally Posted by Baalnood

no really?

man ust get out of here. or get here early when the threads barely begin. don't come in here three or four days after no one replys in the thread and add auseless one or two word response. its getting on my dam nerves.

Fakes did not "RUIN THE BRAND".
Like it or not Fakes helped, ignorant non-sneaker heads or not. Seriously between 2002 and 2006 I saw so many fake White/Red/Black IV's (Mars)that by the time the real ones came out I was like boooo. Fakes most certainly contributed, JB could have easily countered fakes with a continued high qualityproduct but they didn't so it is what it is. Not to mention a few years back JB actually had an ad out with someone in it wearing fakes, they posted fakeson the Retro IV t-shirt too... I mean when fakes are that common that they are infiltrating JB itself you have to acknowledge their impact.

I whole heartily agree with the rest of your post. JB flooded us with too many releases in too many colorways with too many quality issues.

Does anyone have an accurate count of how many colorways of the Air Jordan 1 there are?
sick.gif

There are multiple issues that are causing shoes not to sell:

1. The economy
2. Ignorance/lack of knowledge/lack of passion from consumer.....lots of these kids never saw Jordan play, so it isn't the same for them.
3. High prices
4. Lesser quality of JB products
5. Kids dressing like they are Rockstars, wearing Vans, Converse, Supra.
6. Fakes.

What do ya'll think???

Yea same in NJ everyones rockin fake jays, i mean i see dudes with all red 8s and like purple 11s and they like nah they madd rare i dont call out no one tho

i live in South carolina and the rarest shoes we got recently was the 5/18s pack. we dont get barely anything here. i got excited bout the twelves release butits beeen bout a month since they came out and champs got every size still. same with the 1s package . and im probably the 1 person in my whole high school whodoesnt wear fake jays. they got fakes everywhere

There are fakes for every major brand..are those ruine too? No, to be honest your job as a sneakerhead is to make fun of people who are wearing fakes andadvise people not to buy them. And if anything there are not enough colorways that JB comes out with

Originally Posted by bballmattv

There are fakes for every major brand..are those ruine too? No, to be honest your job as a sneakerhead is to make fun of people who are wearing fakes and advise people not to buy them. And if anything there are not enough colorways that JB comes out with

true this dude...i agree with everything he just said

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

There are multiple issues that are causing shoes not to sell:

1. The economy
2. Ignorance/lack of knowledge/lack of passion from consumer.....lots of these kids never saw Jordan play, so it isn't the same for them.
3. High prices
4. Lesser quality of JB products
5. Kids dressing like they are Rockstars, wearing Vans, Converse, Supra.
6. Fakes.

What do ya'll think???

Good points, I would have to agree.

the brand tried to move with what they think is the times but left us behind wnating what they used to provide

Tucson is full of dudes trying to stunt in true flights and fusions. I see a lot of fakes around here

Back
Top Bottom