F1+Grand+Prix+Germany+Qualifying+8n0LuwP2zddx.jpg

Helluva drive by Bottasss!  

And the battles between RBR & Ferrari! 
eek.gif

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+oy-RfY-nqj7x.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+UIg1SVZFGBHx.jpg

Lewis with the bling... lol 
sick.gif

f1-german-gp-2014-l-to-r-lewis-hamilton-mercedes-amg-f1-with-kevin-magnussen-mclaren-on-th.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+_zz-MHIzeASx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+0UIoCsYk_wgx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+4oajxkcUir1x.jpg

f1-german-gp-2014-felipe-massa-williams-fw36-crashes-at-the-start-of-the-race.jpg

f1-german-gp-2014-felipe-massa-williams-fw36-crashes-at-the-start-of-the-race.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+3LG4SPuzGn5x.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+LcTG2XJAWvBx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Germany+Wf2DKXFvYEox.jpg

Last edited:
This is getting ridiculous!
4 : 1 noq in unreliability scores.

He's not fighting back on this track. :smh:

What a race. Action and on the limit throughout.

Lewis fighting from the pit lane to the podium :pimp:

What a race!  Lew very lucky with the SC's, but good recovery.

Shocking mid-race pace by Nico though... dunno why he dropped back so much. 

What a race!  Lew very lucky with the SC's, but good recovery.

Shocking mid-race pace by Nico though... dunno why he dropped back so much. 

I actually thought he had a problem or maybe he was just geared towards a wet race.

He was streaking ahead on the first stint before the SC and then he was no where after that.

Absolutely fantastic race! Fernando!!! :x :pimp: :pimp: Vettel :smokin

Lewis definitely did not need to let Nico through there... he's too far back.

Anyway, catching the last 5 minutes of the Spa 24H.

Last edited:
I'd rank Fernando and Daniel's drives above Lewis'.  Lewis had to start from the pitlane and to get to 3rd was no easy feat, but he does have the best car on the grid, by a long shot. 

The RBR has a weak Renault engine, but they've always had the best aero package.  Given the track and the conditions, the RBR was a decent car.  

The Ferrari is, as Niki puts it "$#!^", so for Fernando, on 35-lap old option tires, to hold Lewis behind him for the final few laps was very, very impressive.  Clearly the worse car of the three.  

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Hungary+i6t_6BaYyV9x.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Hungary+MmMZo2nQbqfx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Hungary+5xjTCFrO2ISx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Hungary+T11BY_FNNTvx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Hungary+0aWNH9nbdctx.jpg

Good points.
Mercedes should have had Lewis run two stints on the soft tyre instead of one on the medium but that's hindsight for you.

Does RBR have the best aero package though?

I know the Mercedes engine is the best and their power unit as a whole is the best integrated out of the whole field but do we really know how much speed it's giving them.

Red Bull were meant to be close in this race and Monaco but Mercedes were still ahead in qualifying.

^ That's always the risk... one less stop and less time in the pits vs one more stop but on fresher tires.  

RBR has always been one of the best cars on the grid, aero wise, if not the best.  It's been like that this season... the RB10 has a very good aero package, but their Renault "power units" have been crap.  I think the Merc aero package isn't as good as RBR's, but in terms of the overall package (aero + engine + all the bits), it's the best, by far... hence their dominance this season.  It makes sense.  Merc built the engine and designed their car around it, while all the other Merc teams got the engine specs at a later time.  

In terms of power, I think the Merc is also at the top.  I think Nico lost his ERS in Canada, but was still able to stay reasonably competitive with RBR & Williams, so that says a lot.  I think the ERS was worth around 100hp? 

RBR were only 5/10ths off in quali this week... they've closed the gap! LOL 

You're probably right. I just think Mercedes aero is underrated. Lewis' car looked very pointy when he was hounding Vettel in the opening and this was a track Red Bull were meant to be close on.

I think MGP has, probably, the 2nd best aero package.  Yeah, Lewis' car did look 'pointier', but it could have also been down to their respective setups and condition of the tires.  And RBR did close in at this track... they won the race! 
tongue.gif

Definitely looks so dated right now... Codemasters is milking every last cent out of their old engine. :x They even masked out the game audio for now. Time for someone else to have some fun with the F1 license.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom