F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

It would never happen, but (as someone doesn't care much for Ferrari or Lewis) Lewis to Ferrari would be amazing.

Looks like all the signs are pointing toward Carlos joining. It would be disappointing for me... but I wouldn't blame or hold a grudge against him. It's a tremendous opportunity.

From the interviews I've seen of Seb, he seems like a cool and funny guy. Quite likable, in fact. But yeah, that Multi-21 deal really left a bitter taste in my mouth. I guess it's one of those things champions do to 'win at all costs'.

Seb being on his way out of Scuderria kinda felt like it was coming sooner rather than later once Leclerc came into the picture.

Didn't think it'd be the case when he first left Red Bull but his marriage with them has been nothing short of dissappointing after all the issues Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T did a good of outlining on the last page. It's a shame given both their histories but I do hope Seb can catch on an be successful elsewhere.

Could see Toto signing him up asap if Lewis did decide on leaving to fulfill his Ferrari dream. Personally I wouldn't make the switch if I were him, at least not under the current Scuderria team, given the finely oiled machine he's a part of at Merc but I'd understand the temptation.

Personally would love to see Seb at McLaren

Lewis still has more records in his sight and Mercedes is the best place for him to get it done. 7+ titles is more important than a drivers championship at Ferrari.
With the new rules pushed to 2022 and with the cars not changing for 2021, it's the perfect opportunity for a double championship in a relative position of strength so I think Lewis will definitely stay.

I can't see Toto signing Vettel either with the peace he's had since 2017 :lol:
Also Lewis will probably try to negotiate a 50 Million a year contract and Vettel likewise will also be expensive.
Why pay more money to disrupt the peace when you can keep Bottas on his 7 million a year and have peace as it's been for the past 3 years.

I can't see Seb in a midfield car either so I think he will do a Nico and retire.

Ricciardo to Ferrari makes sense. I can't see them taking Sainz.

Honestly, I think Vettel's time at Ferrari hasn't been bad at all. Yes he made some crucial mistakes but he also had to go against Lewis who I think is just plain better.
Both himself and Ferrai will rue the costly mistakes they made. Singapore 2017, Hockenheim 2018 etc..

Brundle says Vettel is talking to other teams so let me roll back on me thinking he's going to retire. I always forget he's only 32 as well.

Also

:lol:

Yea Lewis still has Schumachers records to chase and he won't have a better situation/opportunity to surpass them than at Merc so he still has some things he can still achieve there.

Just think the allure of finishing his career at the most famous and celebrated team could be real appealing to him, as mediocre as their set up is right now

George with the bantz. :lol:

Reading Seb's statement, it did read like he was retiring, but several paddock regulars have indicated he's still talking, so who really knows.

Gonna be nice to see Seb in orange and blue next year.
giphy.gif

Need them back challenging and relevant again

Yea Lewis still has Schumachers records to chase and he won't have a better situation/opportunity to surpass them than at Merc so he still has some things he can still achieve there.

Just think the allure of finishing his career at the most famous and celebrated team could be real appealing to him, as mediocre as their set up is right now

I feel like Lewis is very loyal at this point so getting Mercedes to the heights of Ferrari and Mclarens history could be important to him.
As dominant as they've been they still get the "You ain't got no history" treatment. :lol:

Wonder how he’d do in a Ferrari. Most of the drivers in this newest generation have said that George was always the best growing up.

I would love to see him partner with Charles.
I still think Hamilton has another 5 years in him and so there's no point of George waiting around for Lewis or Bottas.
The team will be too inexperienced though so it won't happen but seeing George at the back in the Williams while Alex and Lando are in much better cars is disheartening sometimes.

Gonna be nice to see Seb in orange and blue next year.

Just realized, no more Grazie Ragazzi

It was the slanted finger at Red Bull, Grazie Ragazzi at Ferrari.

What's next I wonder :lol:

And if Seb retires, there will be no more Germans on the grid.

If Kimi and Seb both retire this year, Lewis will be the only champion left on the grid. 8 years ago there were 6 + 1 future champion on the grid.

Would be funny to see Kimi back at Ferrari though :lol:

Rumors are between Daniel and Seb.

George is Merc property now. It's unlikely McLaren would let George transition to Merc via McLaren.

Seeing rumors that Seb's been offered a 1 year deal with McLaren, hope it's true but Daniel would be a great shout too to replace Sainz

Back
Top Bottom