F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Ferrari's dominance on the straights hasn't gone unnoticed by Red Bull either, who are taking pleasure in Mercedes facing the same helpless feeling they've had throughout the hybrid era.

“I think Mercedes’ party [mode] is more of like an afternoon tea now compared to what Ferrari have up their sleeves," he told Sky Sports.

:lol:

Crazy to think only a month ago that Max was better than Lewis. Currently, those same people are saying Charles is better.

Who’s the better driver? I pick Lewis. :tongue:

Hard to compare all three drivers at the moment.
Lewis is the current "king", while Max is a proven successor, but just doesn't have the best equipment yet and perhaps still a bit rough around the edges (he's improved on that). Charles is the brand new 'rookie' contender, but has show a ton of maturity on the track and the hunger/desire. It'll be fun to watch these cats.

But screw all of them, cuz Carlos and Lando are the best. :lol:

Hamilton has been consistent all year round while Max had a good first half and Charles is having a good second half.

That Ferrari engine is scary. I need to see how they'll do in Suzuka. If Mercedes can't match them there then we might be able to say Ferrari has the best car this season.

This is looking like 2009 all over again. :lol:

Lando totally got screwed there... fuuuuuuuu.
And Carlos too.

I do think that Carlos could have hung onto P5 had it not been for the SC.

Last edited:
It's been a while!
Lucky with the VSC but that's the point of using that counter strategy.

Still though, Lewis had great race pace on the mediums and the softs at the end.

Looks like Leclerc had a quali setup because Vettel was going for it at the start, creating that gap.
I wonder who has the fastest car because Vettel might have had better pace than Leclerc in the second stint.

Bottas didn't have good pace in the first stint but props to him for defending like he did. I thought he would have been easy prey for Leclerc.

I didn't think Ferrari did anything strategically wrong. The wrong move would have been letting Charles thru early in the race. The sensible thing would have been to secure the 1-2 and then in the last few laps, make the switch. Seb had the pace, while Charles didn't. Seb slowing down to let Charles thru during the 1st stint would have benefited Lewis. Obvs, MGU-K failure was unforeseen, but it ended up, not only, screwing up Charles' race, but giving the 1-2 to Merc. Talk about mixed fortunes. I haven't read what Benotto said on pre-race agreements, but race-wise, I didn't think Seb did anything wrong during the 1st stint.

Would Lewis' strategy have worked? Had there not been the SC's, he would have extended his 1st stint (remember, they asked for target +15), so he would have boxed for C4's late in the race. He would have come out in P3, behind the Ferraris who were only much older C3's. Lewis would have been on fresh tyres vs 2 fast Ferraris. Passing 1 Ferrari is one thing, but passing 2 is something else. He would have chewed up his tyres in the process too. In a more straight-forward race, I think Ferrari would have had, at least, a 1-3.

Yea, I agree
I think Lewis strategy at best would have been good for 2nd place.

Degradation on this track is low and overtaking a Ferrari would have been hard with their straight line speed. Mercedes could keep up in S3 which would have set them up nicely for an overtake in S1 but who knows how it would've turned out.

Ferrari's call was just bizzare at that point in time. Made no sense however you try to spin it.

Honestly, if they don't sort this out now then I see a potential Mclaren 2007 situation happening.

I re-read what I wrote. I meant Ferrari's initial call of asking Seb to slow down to let Charles pass was wrong. Obvs shouldn't slow down to benefit Lewis.

Trick situation for Seb. Charles is slowly making this team his now. Seb, as a 4x WDC, slowly becoming a has-been. Forget 2020... the remainder of 2019 will be tense.

Ferrari should have said: "we will switch positions back later" much earlier, but it's easy to say from the fan perspective.
Ferrari is experiencing the Hamilton-Rosberg situation right now. A crash and the conflict will be on fire.

Would have been an interesting finish between Leclerc, Vettel and Lewis at the end without the SC and the retirement of Vettel.

Can't wait for Suzuka!

I re-read what I wrote. I meant Ferrari's initial call of asking Seb to slow down to let Charles pass was wrong. Obvs shouldn't slow down to benefit Lewis.

Trick situation for Seb. Charles is slowly making this team his now. Seb, as a 4x WDC, slowly becoming a has-been. Forget 2020... the remainder of 2019 will be tense.
Oh yea I totally agree with you,.
Sorry I didn't mean you personally trying to spin it but as a figure of speech.

It will be tense between both drivers with Leclerc having the edge but I expect the empire to strike back as the car gets better. Vettel definitely was the quicker car today but I think from here on out Leclerc is the main guy at Ferrari but let's see.
I'm hoping Vettel renews his contract because I would love to see this drama in the Netflix show for years to come :lol:

Ferraru just need to keep in mind that Lewis pounces when there's weakness. We saw it in Bahrain and we've seen it today as well. They will get punished by Mercedes if they squabble too much.

Ferrari should have said: "we will switch positions back later" much earlier, but it's easy to say from the fan perspective.
Ferrari is experiencing the Hamilton-Rosberg situation right now. A crash and the conflict will be on fire.

Would have been an interesting finish between Leclerc, Vettel and Lewis at the end without the SC and the retirement of Vettel.

Can't wait for Suzuka!

I think if Lewis wins. It’s over. His lead now if pretty big.

Lewis' closest "rival" is his wingman... he ain't losing this.

I guess it goes to show how competitive Rosberg was. Who really knows what went on when they were teammates, but Nico was able to compete with Lewis... which, unfortunately, is more than what I can say for Valtteri. I really thought this 2.0 spec was gonna make things more interesting in Mercedes. But, nope.

Lewis' closest "rival" is his wingman... he ain't losing this.

I guess it goes to show how competitive Rosberg was. Who really knows what went on when they were teammates, but Nico was able to compete with Lewis... which, unfortunately, is more than what I can say for Valtteri. I really thought this 2.0 spec was gonna make things more interesting in Mercedes. But, nope.

Yeah. I feel the season is a wrap. Mercedes took the season when it was like 6 races in a row of a 1-2 finish?

Of course, my favorite Nico and Lewis moment:

They had some great battles.

Lewis vs Nico would've been very interesting in the post 2016 era with the Ferraris being more competitive.

I want Albon to jump Gasly in points as well.

Lewis vs Nico would've been very interesting in the post 2016 era with the Ferraris being more competitive.

I want Albon to jump Gasly in points as well.

I don't see Gasly scoring any more points this season and Gasly coming in at least 6th place in each of the upcoming races. I'd predict he jumps him after Mexico or Austin.

Back
Top Bottom