F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Not a Ferrari fan but I'd like to see Vettel actually win this weekend lol

They (Ferrari) were pretty fast in free practice. But they were also using the softest and fastest tire. I think Mercedes used the medium ones.

We will find out tomorrow after qualifying and of course race day.

I think last year Lewis started 14th but ended up winning after Seb drove onto the gravel trap and got a DNF. Seemed like that was the beginning of when Lewis started to take over the world championship standings and his reign to the top.

They (Ferrari) were pretty fast in free practice. But they were also using the softest and fastest tire. I think Mercedes used the medium ones.

We will find out tomorrow after qualifying and of course race day.

I think last year Lewis started 14th but ended up winning after Seb drove onto the gravel trap and got a DNF. Seemed like that was the beginning of when Lewis started to take over the world championship standings and his reign to the top.

Yeah, that crash last year is partially why I'd like to see him win. People keep saying he's not the same and that he should retire, but he's still a great driver who has had a string of bad luck. Plus Hockenheim is so close to his hometown, I'd say it'd be more special to him than winning at the Nurburgring in 2013.

I'll definitely be watching FP3 tonight, don't have much else going on at work lol

Hard to read too much in to FP1 and FP2 cuz it was so hot. The temps and track conditions will supposedly be very different for Q and R, so we shall see.

EDIT

And just like that...

Last edited:
Cooler temps will bring Mercedes back into play and they normally run their engines lower in practice.

I still expect a tight battle with Ferrari for pole and they might just edge it with the track characteristics.

Mercedes team going straight retro this weekend :lol:
I have to say, I prefer what they're wearing over what Red Bull wear in Austria.

The guys on the pit wall just walking around in suits looking like the Mafia :lol:

I wonder if Lewis and Bottas will have one off overalls too.
This is also the race where the Netflix crew spend time with the team so should be good for the documentary next year.
EAeB9PXXYAAidm1.jpg

EAeB9PZW4AADLp5.jpg

EAeB9PhWwAE1SMA.jpg

Last edited:
Welp

IMG_20190727_094237.jpg

Seb's gotta be beyond fed up at this point with all the reliability issues,it's been a **** show from Ferrari this season

Leclerc out of Q3 now too...

Gonna be starting in 10th while Seb starts at the back of the grid tomorrow :sick:

Ferrari :stoneface: ,they really need to bring back Arrivabene

Can't blame Mercedes time when everyone's imploding around them.

They brought updates but I'm not sure if they worked or it was setup but it doesn't look like they've improved by 4 tenths. When they were vulnerable is when everyone else didn't put up a fight.
At least there's a chance of rain for the neutrals.

I wonder if Ferrari are running their engines high too much in the other sessions.

Interesting start tomorrow with Verstappen on the softs and I wonder what his strategy will be. Probably try and jump Hamilton at the start and then pray for rain.

Shame about Gasley's deleted time. That was very competitive.

Lewis :smokin

Ferrari is embarrassing.
Their reliability was always horrible. Especially with Berger and Alesi. Schumacher, Brawn and Todt established a different culture. But I t’s going downhill since they left... back to the roots...

As a longtime McLaren fan, I never liked Schumi and Ferrari. In fact, I would call myself a hater. But seeing him like this now is really heartbreaking.
Seeing Mick driving around in his dad's last championship-winning car was almost bittersweet. I genuinely wish Michael well and Mick all the best.

What a blunder of a weekend for Ferrari. As much as I dislike Seb, never want to see something like that ruin his home weekend.

Seeing Mick in the F2004 is awesome. Helmet is :pimp:

Leclerc :ohwell:,was having such a good race and looked in great position after he had just switched to slicks

B2b years of disaster in Germany for Ferrari

*Lewis just lost control on the same turn it seems. Lost his front wing and they weren't ready for another pit so he lost a bunch of time

Man what an insane race...

Fair play to Max and Seb for an amazing race from both.

Day to forget for Merc,also feel bad for Hulkenberg after doing so well in his home GP for most of the race only for it to end so cruelly

F1 in the elements >>

Disappointed with what happened to Lando, but what a race by Carlos! Was hoping to steal P4 as well, but P5 is more than what could have hoped for.
Bottas though... WTF... I was expecting him to breeze past Stroll.
And while Lewis didn't get anything today, he was super lucky. Crashed at the penultimate turn, was able to continue while the rest had to retire. Crashed again, but got to continue while Valtteri destroyed his car at the same spot.
Good recovery by Seb. Hope it'll keep the championship interesting.

Disappointed with what happened to Lando, but what a race by Carlos! Was hoping to steal P4 as well, but P5 is more than what could have hoped for.
Bottas though... WTF... I was expecting him to breeze past Stroll.
And while Lewis didn't get anything today, he was super lucky. Crashed at the penultimate turn, was able to continue while the rest had to retire. Crashed again, but got to continue while Valtteri destroyed his car at the same spot.
Good recovery by Seb. Hope it'll keep the championship interesting.

I forgot HAM got a 5 second penalty for that pit lane thing. I don’t think it cost him the final point at 10th. White is not good look for the team/cars, gotta keep it the silver arrows. Lol.

What a disaster.
I was shouting when the pitted Hamilton for slicks. He had enough buffer to react to anyone going fast on slicks but no one was putting in any purple sectors. Failure on Mercedes part with the strategy.
They're certainly not as good as Red Bull when it comes to strategy but then again that could be because Red Bull have nothing to lose a lot of the time.

Congrats to Max. I certainly see him being a multiple world champion in the future. He's brought himself into play in the championship with this win. A long way to go still.

He made mistakes today as well but luckily they didn't cost him.

Gasley man, I try to defend him sometimes but he's definitely getting demoted.

Bottas had one job to do and would have cut the championship lead down but he binned it. Had no pace as well in the beginning compared to Lewis and Max. He really is just cementing his number 2 status.

Hulkenberg continues his choking streak.

Yo these dutch fans :lol:
Vettel, the spin master himself, kept it clean when everyone else was spinning. Nicely done Seb :lol:

Back
Top Bottom