F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

It's a vneck tee, effortless...if you have to put thought into a vneck...oh boy...Anything with less effort than that is simply walking around in the nude...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

So ya really think a vneck tee and fitted shorts with some boatshoes is "trying hard"?

When you're just loungin' around? yeah

It's a tee shirt, shorts and sone slip-ons!...please explain to me how that takes more effort to put together than some ball shorts?...except for maybe buttoning up your shorts...cmon man!

I think the person with the slip ons is actually much more careless than the person with sneakers. I mean, you got shorts, a tee and some slips ons. What exactly do you have to tie or put together? You don't even hae to tie the damn shoe laces haha. On the other hand, you got the sneakers and shorts which take longer to put on. We're talking about lounging right, not caring what anyone thinks, then that's the point. lol. shirt, shorts, boat shoes out. shirt, basketball shorts and sneakers you have to tie. Which one is the slob now? HUH HUH!?
AGAIN THIS IS ALL SUBJECTIVE! Do you.

So ya really think a vneck tee and fitted shorts with some boatshoes is "trying hard"?

It's a tee shirt, shorts and sone slip-ons!...please explain to me how that takes more effort to put together than some ball shorts?...except for maybe buttoning up your shorts...cmon man!

I think the person with the slip ons is actually much more careless than the person with sneakers. I mean, you got shorts, a tee and some slips ons. What exactly do you have to tie or put together? You don't even hae to tie the damn shoe laces haha. On the other hand, you got the sneakers and shorts which take longer to put on. We're talking about lounging right, not caring what anyone thinks, then that's the point. lol. shirt, shorts, boat shoes out. shirt, basketball shorts and sneakers you have to tie. Which one is the slob now? HUH HUH!?
AGAIN THIS IS ALL SUBJECTIVE! Do you.

Thunferchuck -
roll.gif

I'd rather introduce acejays to a female friend than say Steve or blacktom though
laugh.gif

I hate to pull a Ninjahood but

like Cam said in that O Reilly interview

if the "Oil Shieks" weren't rich, Americans would openly ridicule their style and culture of dress
as long as you live sensibly and have $$$ everyone keeps their mouth closed

I hate to pull a Ninjahood but

like Cam said in that O Reilly interview

if the "Oil Shieks" weren't rich, Americans would openly ridicule their style and culture of dress
as long as you live sensibly and have $$$ everyone keeps their mouth closed

Thunferchuck -
roll.gif

I'd rather introduce acejays to a female friend than say Steve or blacktom though
laugh.gif

Why are you wearing "fitted" shorts to lounge around?

In 120 degree heat, I doubt most Saudi's are too worried about how Americans perceive their "style".

In 120 degree heat, I doubt most Saudi's are too worried about how Americans perceive their "style".

It can't be that hard to comprehend that to some that's what is considered comfortable...

It can't be that hard to comprehend that to some that's what is considered comfortable...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If you are just sitting around the house, I don't see how a v neck is the first thing you wear. I would tend to wear things that I would NOT wear in the public scene.
laugh.gif
its a v neck, theres nothing fancy about it. i have a drawer full of random plain v necks and tees, i sleep in them sometimes. 

If you are just sitting around the house, I don't see how a v neck is the first thing you wear. I would tend to wear things that I would NOT wear in the public scene.
laugh.gif
its a v neck, theres nothing fancy about it. i have a drawer full of random plain v necks and tees, i sleep in them sometimes. 

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif
I don't believe in V-necks so maybe that is why I view them as something folks only wear in public. I never saw them before the craze for them, Whenever that started.

laugh.gif
Only on NT

Originally Posted by DT43

laugh.gif
I don't believe in V-necks so maybe that is why I view them as something folks only wear in public. I never saw them before the craze for them, Whenever that started.

laugh.gif
Only on NT

Ya'll missing the point.

Different environments/cultures call for different dress.

If you live in the hood or an urban area by all means, feel free to dress like a hooper. Girls from the neighborhoods like that. If you resemble anything close to an actual baller, even better.

If you live in an environment where "the baller" is not held on a pedestal, then dress accordingly.

I went to a urban HS where it was standard to dress in the "hooper" style. A lot of my friends from back in the day still dress like that. But I moved out of the hood and now I'm in "mainstream America" where dressing better will matter A LOT and get me places, and will help people identify with me.

If I'm at an industry event, I'm dressing better.
If I'm going to a hip-hop show, I'll go with streetwear.
If I'm on a date, I'm dressing better (even moreso with a classy chick).
If I'm hanging out in my old neighborhood, I'm going with the hooper look.

So for example, ninjahood is never in any situations where dressing better could benefit him, so of course he doesn't care about it.

Ya'll missing the point.

Different environments/cultures call for different dress.

If you live in the hood or an urban area by all means, feel free to dress like a hooper. Girls from the neighborhoods like that. If you resemble anything close to an actual baller, even better.

If you live in an environment where "the baller" is not held on a pedestal, then dress accordingly.

I went to a urban HS where it was standard to dress in the "hooper" style. A lot of my friends from back in the day still dress like that. But I moved out of the hood and now I'm in "mainstream America" where dressing better will matter A LOT and get me places, and will help people identify with me.

If I'm at an industry event, I'm dressing better.
If I'm going to a hip-hop show, I'll go with streetwear.
If I'm on a date, I'm dressing better (even moreso with a classy chick).
If I'm hanging out in my old neighborhood, I'm going with the hooper look.

So for example, ninjahood is never in any situations where dressing better could benefit him, so of course he doesn't care about it.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Why does it matter so much if one person chills in b-ball shorts with a tee and flip-flops and the other chills with chinos with a polo and loafers?
When you introduce words like maturity to the equation, that is when I had a rebuttal... I don't view it a maturity thing. I view it as people like different things.
That should pretty much end any argument there. People like different things, simple as that. It shouldn't matter what their reasoning is. Whether it is to get girls or just get some confidence or just to look good,  uncomofortable or not,  as long as they like it and they aren't hurting anyone then I really see no problem. 
And to be honest, whether it was in jest or not, I still don't get the hate on the "dressing better" thread? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Why does it matter so much if one person chills in b-ball shorts with a tee and flip-flops and the other chills with chinos with a polo and loafers?
When you introduce words like maturity to the equation, that is when I had a rebuttal... I don't view it a maturity thing. I view it as people like different things.
That should pretty much end any argument there. People like different things, simple as that. It shouldn't matter what their reasoning is. Whether it is to get girls or just get some confidence or just to look good,  uncomofortable or not,  as long as they like it and they aren't hurting anyone then I really see no problem. 
And to be honest, whether it was in jest or not, I still don't get the hate on the "dressing better" thread? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom