Exactly what makes 50 business savvy?

Originally Posted by Yoppa Guevara

Alot of his business ventures(g-unit wear,g-unit sneakers,grodt movie,righteous kill with deniro/pacino,video couldnt even games etc) have been failures.
laugh.gif

are we forgetting that sneaker and movie contracts pay you in advance?

didn't claim he wasnt smart. he's probably smart to the point he's paranoid. which i think affects his business oppurtunity's. he could still be doing HUGE TOURS had he went the right direction.

My dude...You are acting like 50 has failed..Just because you don't see him as much as you use to DOES NOT MEAN he is not banking...50 could have made 2 mill today on a non rap business deal and you wouldn't know. In other words constant exposure does not = success.

didn't claim he wasnt smart. he's probably smart to the point he's paranoid. which i think affects his business oppurtunity's. he could still be doing HUGE TOURS had he went the right direction.

My dude...You are acting like 50 has failed..Just because you don't see him as much as you use to DOES NOT MEAN he is not banking...50 could have made 2 mill today on a non rap business deal and you wouldn't know. In other words constant exposure does not = success.

Alot of his business ventures(g-unit wear,g-unit sneakers,grodt movie,righteous kill with deniro/pacino,video couldnt even games etc) have been failures.
Did you just call G-unit clothes a failure?

6a00d83451b72b69e20133f46957d5970b-320wi

Did you just call G-unit clothes a failure?

6a00d83451b72b69e20133f46957d5970b-320wi

It was a failure though. Marc Ecko made more off G-Unit clothing than Fif did.

To answer the OP's question, he has a reputation of being business savvy because it was RUMORED that he made 500 million off Vitamin Water. A lot of his reputation has to do with some of his stans stirring up lies and rumors to make 50 out to be something that he hasn't.

I think Fif is a smart man. But he makes a lot of dumb moves. A lot of his products and investments were either called "50 Cent" or "G-Unit". He capitolized off his fame but what happens when you lose that fame? All of those businesses and investments under that brand go down the drain with his fame. I guess that's why he's hopping on a lot of these remixes and singles to try and gain some of his buzz back to bring his brand back to life. I'll never question Fif's intellect but I haven't seen him make many eye dropping moves that should put him up there with the likes of Russ, P or Puff.

To answer the OP's question, he has a reputation of being business savvy because it was RUMORED that he made 500 million off Vitamin Water. A lot of his reputation has to do with some of his stans stirring up lies and rumors to make 50 out to be something that he hasn't.

I think Fif is a smart man. But he makes a lot of dumb moves. A lot of his products and investments were either called "50 Cent" or "G-Unit". He capitolized off his fame but what happens when you lose that fame? All of those businesses and investments under that brand go down the drain with his fame. I guess that's why he's hopping on a lot of these remixes and singles to try and gain some of his buzz back to bring his brand back to life. I'll never question Fif's intellect but I haven't seen him make many eye dropping moves that should put him up there with the likes of Russ, P or Puff.

I think it's because with all those things you mentioned that he no longer is good at or can't reclaim or his "failures" he still manages to be in the top 10 of hip hop artists when it comes to earnings.

Him burning bridges really doesn't matter and although he'll probably never get his buzz back he still finds a way to be relevant and get his albums to at least go gold. I don't know about outside of NY but he gets radio play when his album is about to drop. He doesn't fail as an actor monetarily either. The fact he even convinces these casting directors to give him the role shows who's really the smart person between them. Plus lets not act like he doesn't try, didn't homey lose mad weight to play a cancer patient or something a few years back? (we all saw the pics).

As for the clothes if anything Curtis lucked out right before rappers starting clothing lines became a bad business move. If you a rapper not named Kanye West trying to start a clothing line today you'll probably fail epically. Hip Hop stars got the majority of ignorant fans convinced to buy the famous name brands and don't even necessarily got them in to dressing good or in to real high end fashion. Curtis got through that small window of opportunity and made bank.

He's business savvy but not some business genius. No different than other multi millionaire rappers. He's among the Pufffy's and Jay-Z's. He's no Gordon Gecko.

I think it's because with all those things you mentioned that he no longer is good at or can't reclaim or his "failures" he still manages to be in the top 10 of hip hop artists when it comes to earnings.

Him burning bridges really doesn't matter and although he'll probably never get his buzz back he still finds a way to be relevant and get his albums to at least go gold. I don't know about outside of NY but he gets radio play when his album is about to drop. He doesn't fail as an actor monetarily either. The fact he even convinces these casting directors to give him the role shows who's really the smart person between them. Plus lets not act like he doesn't try, didn't homey lose mad weight to play a cancer patient or something a few years back? (we all saw the pics).

As for the clothes if anything Curtis lucked out right before rappers starting clothing lines became a bad business move. If you a rapper not named Kanye West trying to start a clothing line today you'll probably fail epically. Hip Hop stars got the majority of ignorant fans convinced to buy the famous name brands and don't even necessarily got them in to dressing good or in to real high end fashion. Curtis got through that small window of opportunity and made bank.

He's business savvy but not some business genius. No different than other multi millionaire rappers. He's among the Pufffy's and Jay-Z's. He's no Gordon Gecko.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

so because dre and EM made more money on 50's first album then he did it was a failure too right?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

so because dre and EM made more money on 50's first album then he did it was a failure too right?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ the list of failures....i'll take any of those on my resume

don't equate not being as hot as he has been in the past in the RAP game with business moves-

i said it in a thread about him or somebody else- these dudes see literally HUNDREDS of "great new opportunities" coming across the desk every day...it is up to them to surround themselves with good business people who will help steer them in the right direction and make the right choices- 

50s passion seems to be in the movie game much more so than the rap game...we'll see what he does with it

to call stuff like sneakers and clothes, that were beyond hot when every rapper had a brand out, a failure is silly-

laugh.gif
@ the list of failures....i'll take any of those on my resume

don't equate not being as hot as he has been in the past in the RAP game with business moves-

i said it in a thread about him or somebody else- these dudes see literally HUNDREDS of "great new opportunities" coming across the desk every day...it is up to them to surround themselves with good business people who will help steer them in the right direction and make the right choices- 

50s passion seems to be in the movie game much more so than the rap game...we'll see what he does with it

to call stuff like sneakers and clothes, that were beyond hot when every rapper had a brand out, a failure is silly-

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif
laugh.gif
It sold 8 million records. Hardly a failure. G-Unit clothing? Not so much. Ya'll talking about everyone had some ugly *%# G-Unit sneakers and G-Unit clothing. Where at? Ya'll cats must stay overseas or some !@% beecause the only people rockin' that !@% here was Game, Buck, Yayo, Fif and Banks. Dude came out with a spaghetti strap wifebeater.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
It sold 8 million records. Hardly a failure. G-Unit clothing? Not so much. Ya'll talking about everyone had some ugly *%# G-Unit sneakers and G-Unit clothing. Where at? Ya'll cats must stay overseas or some !@% beecause the only people rockin' that !@% here was Game, Buck, Yayo, Fif and Banks. Dude came out with a spaghetti strap wifebeater.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
better question is where you at? i think i remember them sneakers selling out everywhere...and regardless to say its a failure is still silly...it was a brand that was hot at the time and all of them made their $$ ....i don't think his intention was to turn it into a long standing fashion house with a flagship store next to gucci and louis vuitton....

usually you LOSE alot of money on a failure....if your "failing" and still making millions then like i said sign me up

grin.gif
laugh.gif
better question is where you at? i think i remember them sneakers selling out everywhere...and regardless to say its a failure is still silly...it was a brand that was hot at the time and all of them made their $$ ....i don't think his intention was to turn it into a long standing fashion house with a flagship store next to gucci and louis vuitton....

usually you LOSE alot of money on a failure....if your "failing" and still making millions then like i said sign me up

Back
Top Bottom