Everythings bigger in Texas , "Allen Eagle Stadium" , New $60 Million High School Football Venue,

Everything's bigger? Not so.

In Texas today, the American dream is distant. Texas has the highest percentage of uninsured children in the nation. Texas is dead last in the percentage of residents with their high school diploma and near last in SAT scores. Texas has America’s dirtiest air. If we do not change course, for the first time in our history, the Texas generation of tomorrow will be less prosperous than the generation of today.

http://texaslsg.org/texasonthebrink/texasonthebrink.pdf

Go to pg. 4 for education rankings.

Last edited:
damb my highschool aint even had a field, had to use the community colleges one :smh: got me feeling poor

%$^* Allen. My freshman year my teammates and I got kicked off their side for talking trash after we killed them.
Sophomore year we had over 500 yards of offense and still lost.
As much as I hate Allen, they're a powerhouse and deserve that stadium.

Wow. Never been to Texas. Not eem close. I assume it's like an episode of King of the Hill though.

Meanwhile there are kids in Texas who's schools don't even have enough chairs and books :smh:
This is true, despicable how they rather throw money into such things yet children go without books and poor children who can't afford lunches are denied lunch meals due to under funding.

This is true, despicable how they rather throw money into such things yet children go without books and poor children who can't afford lunches are denied lunch meals due to under funding.

Happens all the time and its not just in athletics. The entire world could be much different. Its just the system we all live in.

60 Million though? I gotta read the details on the facility. :wow:

letting people spend their money on what they want = despicable?

Soviet Union is that way.

I'm saying. :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Meanwhile there are kids in Texas who's schools don't even have enough chairs and books :smh:

Did you not get the memo? Sports are farrrrr more important than education in this country.. get with the times people!

Quoted and bolded for emphasis. Not just in Texas.

People don't know that most if not all of that money did come from football, The school isn't going to spend all the funds towards the stadium. It is because of football that the school has that kind of money to begin with, So I'm not eem mad. If you have the money, Why not blow it on a new field. 8) :pimp:

Last edited:
And that is why our education system is terrible... Why not spend $30 mil, and put $30mil into the school for education

yeah football is like a religion down here but we cant blame them for there school being able to scrap up that paper imo

because i know for a fact Allen was having tons or fundraisers going on and have the parents to back up and support their kids

in their high school sports activity and it also helps that there in a suburb but more power to them its not like there football team is *****

at least to my knowledge 
ohwell.gif

I like the free market and I love sports but I do not like this item because this sporting palace is paid for by a bond measure.

The article said that a third of voters approved the measure but everyone in Allen, TX has to pay taxes in order to pay back this debt. Furthermore, it is unlikely that 100% of Allen's eligible voters so what you have is half or more of the tax payers subsidizing an activity that should be paid for privately.

The people who voted "yes" on this bond measure, to build this monument to football, are the ones who are acting like Soviets (who also spent lavishly on sports while cutting essential services).

I'm pretty sure this team is a Texas powerhouse so it doesn't surprise me. I remember my man USABasketall08 showed me a picture of his schools stadium and it was ridiculous. These Texas schools take their football serious

What's up fam?

But yeah, this is normal.

Back
Top Bottom