Ever have a nerve struck during a blood draw?

balloonoboy

Banned
I was getting blood drawn with one of those baby butterfly needles and the guy drawing my blood went a little too far and hit a nerve. Nerves and veins were popping out of my arm near the wrist area and I was in pain. He quickly removed the needle and only a stinging sensation remained.

Anyone ever have this happen to them? There isn't any pain in the arm, but whenever I go to reach for something or extend my arm, there is a pinching feeling near the sight where the nerves popped out of my arm. And if I touch the area (inner elbow) where the needle went in, the same feeling arises but to a greater degree. It's my right arm and I'm primarily right handed.

Will this go away? I've read it may take a few weeks for the nerves to restore themselves, but it doesn't seem like something that will correct itself.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

I knew a guy that had that happen to him. Poor soul, R.I.P.

laugh.gif

if this does not go away i would sue,unless of course you signed some type of agreement.

if thats the case, rip to your nervous system 

you're nerves are shot to hell now bro.  good luck even holding a spoon as it gets progressively worse.

common mistake nurses make fresh out of school.

Were you donating blood?

This is one of the reasons why I'll never donate blood.
laugh.gif

I called around to donate plasma, they told me they don't pay. I always wondered if they were just saying that or were telling the truth.

Best case scenario you might just lose function of your arm....worst case scenario the nerve damage will travel to your spine and one day you'll wake up paralyzed...best of luck.

Spoiler [+]
orig-14336701.jpg

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I called around to donate plasma, they told me they don't pay. I always wondered if they were just saying that or were telling the truth.
I think it depends on the place or something.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Best case scenario you might just lose function of your arm....worst case scenario the nerve damage will travel to your spine and one day you'll wake up paralyzed...best of luck.

Spoiler [+]
orig-14336701.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jesusinjordans

Did they draw from the wrist since they couldn't get it elsewhere? That's supposed to be the last resort.
Nah, they just took it from the other arm.

Thanks for the lulz and staring my day off right.

Back
Top Bottom