Ever felt like a racial Stereotype?

all the time
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

So I was out last night eatin' dinner with some friends. The group of friends was pretty diverse. We looked like the freakin' multicultural club.

Anyways, we went to a Mexican joint. (La Pinata 2 for those in the Bay
58825c1ea270a803fe45008c7838ab3e1e27f17.jpg
) And I ordered the Carne Asada dinner. I said "Hold thebeans, and just let me get extra rice."

All of a sudden, everyone starts laughing at me and saying stuff like "You would say something like that you ********."

When they first started saying it, I was bewildered for a second cuz I ain't even realize what was so funny. All I was thinkin' was "Damn I hopea double portion of rice is enough." After a little while it sunk in and I stopped and thought "Holy crap. There might be something to this judgingpeople by their skin color after all"

Anybody else ever had a "Oh
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
i'm a cliche"moment??

i guess this aint a serious thread...but never.

only person i represent is myself....

Some of you people need to learn how to embrace the stereotypes without letting them define you.
(poster above me)

There is nothing wrong with sometimes doing something stereotypical.

I am hispanic and I love rice and beans.

yea.
told this white dude that i was in college.
he then assumed i play basketball for my school b/c im black.

i do play basketball for my school.
i felt like a stereotype at that moment.

i always ask for extra fried chicken and watermelon.

and extra sugar for my sugar water
pimp.gif

I walked into Sunglass Hut not really knowing what I wanted..... I did however did some research online beforehand and noticed a pair of Oakleys madespecifically for Asians........

I ask the saleswoman for some suggestions. the very first pair she pulls out are those Oakleys fore asians..... i kinda gave her the
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Some of you people need to learn how to embrace the stereotypes without letting them define you.
(poster above me)

There is nothing wrong with sometimes doing something stereotypical.

I am hispanic and I love rice and beans.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU PEOPLE.

Everytime I go into the gas station to buy the watermelon flavored Arizona Iced Tea I just look at the can and think to myself, "
laugh.gif
You would" butthat !!*# tastes too good for me to really trip over it.

This white woman who works for my university assumed I'm a first generation university student.

I am.

the end.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I walked into Sunglass Hut not really knowing what I wanted..... I did however did some research online beforehand and noticed a pair of Oakleys made specifically for Asians........

I ask the saleswoman for some suggestions. the very first pair she pulls out are those Oakleys fore asians..... i kinda gave her the
indifferent.gif
Then you handed her your card
grin.gif

http://The-Minister.niketalk.yuku.com

Well I definitely eat fried chicken and watermelon. And see absolutely nothing wrong with it either, it's great.

I'm also "blessed" downstairs

And have that natural "swagger" that every other race fails to duplicate without looking foolish.

Yeah all the time.

On a side note, did any of you see all those Jets fans wearing Sanchez jersey's with sombreros and wrestling masks?

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

Yeah all the time.

On a side note, did any of you see all those Jets fans wearing Sanchez jersey's with sombreros and wrestling masks?
eek.gif

I gotta see some pics of that

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Everytime I go into the gas station to buy the watermelon flavored Arizona Iced Tea I just look at the can and think to myself, "
laugh.gif
You would" but that !!*# tastes too good for me to really trip over it.

so true
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

Yeah all the time.

saw that and lol'd
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom