ESPN's The U

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

Originally Posted by you go boy

ok so i dont know any better so im a ask why.... why do they call miami the U? im assuming cuz its University of miami... but a lot of other schools have university in there name...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't see what's so funny, it's a legitimate question. I think around the time they were so dominant people started calling them that because it was pretty clear which U you were referring. Then it just stuck. Either way those dudes were legit rockstars....must've been sick

Back when the school first started for a while we didnt really have a defining mascot or anything. Nothing "defined" our school particularly well. Impretty sure we went through a bunch of mascots in the beginning (I think one of them was a bulldog or something ridiculous like that). Eventually it became"The U".

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

Originally Posted by you go boy

ok so i dont know any better so im a ask why.... why do they call miami the U? im assuming cuz its University of miami... but a lot of other schools have university in there name...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
confused01.gif
nevermind i got it from wikipedia
laugh.gif
... i get it but still dont know whythey adopted the "U" out of anything for there logo

the U stands for university.

The "U" stands for university. The orange & green "U" is also the official logo of the University of Miami athleticsprogram. In addition to athletics the school recently adopted the "U" as the official symbol of the University of Miami.

The Miami football program has won national titles in 1983, 1987, 1989, 1991, and 2001.

Back
Top Bottom